Honored Contributor

MIDNIGHT COWBOY ON TCM TONIGHT (FRIDAY)

Appropriately at midnight ET going into Saturday.

I never liked this film. Occasionally I watch it trying to like it better, but I never do, it's so depressing. Love the song though, always have.

"Everybody's talking at me..."

Respected Contributor

Re: MIDNIGHT COWBOY ON TCM TONIGHT (FRIDAY)

I have great difficulty watching this film.  I have only seen bits and pieces of it.  It breaks my heart into a million little pieces;

Honored Contributor

Every time I think of this film, I think Dustin Hoffman deserved the Oscar , he was great and losing to John 

wayne was a travesty !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Yes, dark and depressing, but it was an excellent film. Acting was outstanding. 

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Yes, dark and depressing, but it was an excellent film. Acting was outstanding. 

@BlueFinch  I agree. Very dark and depressing but one of the best movies I have seen. The acting was great and Dustin should have won the Oscar.

Honored Contributor

I remember seeing it at the movies when it first came out. I felt terrible after the film!

Honored Contributor

When it first came out in 1969 it was X rated, then as time went on it was changed to R. Acting at its best!!!

Trusted Contributor

It is a brilliant film.  It is also one of a handful of films I can not watch again.  It's so sad, and it really upsets me.  I saw it when it was first released.  I was young then, and I don't think I fully understood the whole story.  Later, when I watched it again, I got it.  

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

It is a brilliant film.  It is also one of a handful of films I can not watch again.  It's so sad, and it really upsets me.  I saw it when it was first released.  I was young then, and I don't think I fully understood the whole story.  Later, when I watched it again, I got it.  

@walkingal  I feel the same way about the film. Some films are so sad that, even though good films, I don't want to see them again.

Respected Contributor

This is one of my all time favorite movies....I have the DVD and the book.

Great acting.....the best!