Honored Contributor

Re: METV SUMMER SCHEDULE HAS "THE INVADERS"!

It's too bad they're not running it earlier in your time zone, @GingerPeach.  Maybe now that they've broken the ice, though, it'll show up again, beyond the summer season, at a more civilized hour...

Respected Contributor

"David Vincent has seen them.  For him, it began one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a shortcut that he never found.  It began with the landing of a craft from another galaxy..."

Can't believe I can still recite that whole intro from memory.  (I don't even remember what I had for breakfast today.)  How I loved that show, even though it was perpetually frustrating, like The Fugitive.  As a kid, I always wondered who Roy Thinnes reminded me of.  As an oldster, I realize it was Paul Newman.

Honored Contributor

Right, @vsm--  cornflower blue eyes, meet cornflower blue eyes!   Like Newman, Roy had that lively "spring" coloring.  He always looked fantastic in the sandy-colored suede jackets and French blue shirts they would put him in for his 'casual' wardrobe.  BTW, he's gone on to have an interesting second career as an artist-- I think he's had exhibits of his paintings...

Those immortal introductory lines, intoned with such urgent solemnity, are etched in my brain also!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  OMG !!!!!  That's a blast from my past !!!!!

Honored Contributor

I know, @hayseed00, there's just something about these great series from our past!   They've been there all along, and they're still fun...

Trusted Contributor

@OznellThey don't make shows like we saw growing up and I'm glad that stations are now carrying alot of them.  Takes me back to a great time in my life.