Honored Contributor

METV SHOWING "THUNDERBIRDS" ON SUNDAYS 6:00 A.M. EASTERN

thunderbirds.jpg

Comes on right after "The Invaders".  Fabulous British Sixties' children's show using "animatronics".    Sophisticated, international rescue team based in the South Pacific to protect their security, flies all over the world on altruistic rescue efforts of all kinds.

The American Tracy family is headed by a U.S. ex-astronaut whose five sons, plus "Brains" and "Tin Tin" help make up the team.   They have English partners in espionage, working closely with them-- "Lady Penelope" and her butler, who live near London.

If you don't get METV,  Thunderbirds shows are available on youtube.   Just google:  Thunderbirds  TV Show Episode One.

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 1.27.22 PM.png

Episode One has a good part for Lady Penelope,  who dresses so well and lives in a gorgeous country house outside of swingin' London.

The detail on this show has made it a deserved cult favorite. You don't have to be a kid to like it!

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 1.29.26 PM.png   

Valued Contributor

Re: METV SHOWING "THUNDERBIRDS" ON SUNDAYS 6:00 A.M. EASTERN

I remember this show, and another one with the same kind of animatronics--"Fireball XL5"  It was a space rocket themed show.  We watched them both all the time!

Honored Contributor

I never heard of this program. 

I thought this was going to be about the band "The Fabulous Thunderbirds".  LOL

Sorry,  *red face*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 , I've never heard of the show either, Guess it was after my time. I thought it was about the Air Force Thunderbirds. BT, I saw the Fabulous Thunderbirds many years ago with Stevie Ray Vaughn. Wow.

Honored Contributor

"Thunderbirds are go!"

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @781Florist --   in some ways, I like "Fireball XL5" even better!   Has such a catchy theme, too  --   "I wish I was a space man / the fastest guy alive /  I'd fly you round the universe / in Fireball XL5!"

Then there's "Stingray",   the "underwater" one too....

@Cakers3  and @catter70 ,   a lot of people have never heard of these British shows.   I wonder if they were only shown in certain markets....

Honored Contributor

Just found out that "Stingray",  the undewater version of these British heroic animatronic shows, with a squad led by 'Captain Troy Tempest',  is also available on youtube, for anyone "aquatically inclined"....

Honored Contributor

huh?

Trusted Contributor

Being a child of the 80s/90s, I never saw the show but know of it because it inspired the controversial, raunchy spoof "Team America:World Police" from 2004.

Team-America-World-Police-1.jpg