Respected Contributor

Re: MEGYN KELLY TO CO-HOST LIVE WITH KELLY

When a man speaks with conviction, asks hard questions, demands answers, etc. he is championed for his confidence....when a woman does the same thing she has a big head.   Man Sad

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

If you look back at my postings you'll see where I don't copy anyone else and make comments.  I believe that causes personal attacks.

I will say that obviously, we disagree.  Many (obviously not some here) had not heard much about Ms Kelly but suddenly she became the poster girl for being (ummmm....I'm thinking here...) OK, the poster girl for being mistreated (insert whatever name you want).  

Suddenly, people were wondering...'who's this Kelly girl'.  Some of us who'd known about her long before this (and actually, I liked her)  and followed her, overlooked and didn't believe all of the rumors about well...if you are a fan you know what I'm talking about....

However, (Oh! Oh! Here it comes!) When she started commenting on the 'show' about it and traveling around to other shows...some of her ardent fans knew there was a book in the makings....we even thought, 'OK, she's doing what an intelligent person would, she's making the most of her few hours of fame...."

Gee!  We were right!  But as she knows (and we all do) fame is a fleeting word, (here today and gone tomorrow). So she had to add other things in the book....After all, who was going to say if it was or wasn't true (considering the atmosphere at FOX).  Is it true, who knows?  I don't know, or perhaps some of you have inside information that other's of us aren't privy to?

I am just going to say this one more time..."I personally, do not like (and I can't continuously ignore) someone who builds their reputation on others.  

Here's a quote from her when asked about Roger Ailes:

The special was the brainchild of the Fox News chairman, Roger Ailes, Ms. Kelly said. And she expressed loyalty to Mr. Ailes when asked about her future.

“The number of times he’s had my back, given me opportunities, stuck his own neck out there to protect me, I feel very grateful to him.”

She continued: “Having said that, this is a fickle business, and you never say never. Every time I’ve been up for a contract negotiation I’ve been open-minded to what possibilities exist.”

According to what I've read, her contract is up this coming year.

Then there's this (where she's quoted describing her colleagues and how they lean politically).  I think that falls under 'unprofessional, guessing, and none of your business'.

http://fromtheright.com/latest/megyn-kelly-reveals-which-fox-news-hosts-are-actually-liberal/

You don't see other 'news reporters' giving details on which way their colleagues lean (i.e. left or right).  I'd call that trying to keep the spotlight on oneself.  Kind of like when my daughters wanted my attention they might say, "Susie said her mother's having an affair with so and so" (yes!  That would get my attention).

I stated why I dislike her and no longer watch her.  In my opinion, a REPORTER needs to do that, report.  These days there are very few that do that.  After a few minutes watching one you know immediately which way (as Ms Kelly says) they are leaning.  

I sure hope her fellow 'reporters' on FOX took her to task for announcing which way they 'lean'.....

But in a way perhaps FOX (the news station) might thank her because she certainly did (as some might say) mix it up as far as those leaning right or left.

I'll not be commenting anymore.  You have a right to your opinion as I have a right to mine.  I simply wanted to clarify a blanket statement I made.  Accept it (my opinion) or not.....doesn't matter to me.

Well I will quote you....I completely disagree!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Megyn Kelly is beautiful, well educated and smart. 

I think she seems like a very lovely woman.

Regular Contributor

Megyn Kelly is beautiful.  She's a better talk show host than news reporter.  I can't watch her show.  She's just not that good.  Gretta Van Susterin is a better news broadcaster.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@betty423 wrote:

Megyn Kelly is beautiful.  She's a better talk show host than news reporter.  I can't watch her show.  She's just not that good.  Gretta Van Susterin is a better news broadcaster.

I think she's really good--excellent!

And, she's truly not a news reporter anyway!

Respected Contributor

I just beg to differ that she handled herself with grace and dignity with the DJ situation.

She was combative, wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise, has to have the last word, and please, I seriously could care less what that woman does but as a reporter, wasn't respectful at all.

It was almost like she wanted to make a name for herself and she intentionally caused an uncomfortable situation so people talk about it.  I've known people that demonstrate similar traits.

Sirius radio was "buzzing" the next day and even Dr. Laura commented on it, which is very unusual for her to do so but she was defending her behavior and selling us on the fact that she's smart and attractive. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

I just beg to differ that she handled herself with grace and dignity with the DJ situation.

She was combative, wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise, has to have the last word, and please, I seriously could care less what that woman does but as a reporter, wasn't respectful at all.

It was almost like she wanted to make a name for herself and she intentionally caused an uncomfortable situation so people talk about it.  I've known people that demonstrate similar traits.

Sirius radio was "buzzing" the next day and even Dr. Laura commented on it, which is very unusual for her to do so but she was defending her behavior and selling us on the fact that she's smart and attractive. 

She wasn't in the least bit combative.  She was doing her job.

DT has no problem "getting a word in edgewise".

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Just Bling

Did we see the same debate?  

There was nothing "disrespectful" about the debate questions.   These were fair questions on the country's mind.  When a candidate doesn't stick to the rules, and evades questions, it's up to the moderator(s) to reign them back in.   I'm not a MK fan, but I think she did a great job with a very difficult person!

Honored Contributor

I've already said I used to enjoy watching her but I'd rather watch other people now.  

I agree that she did a fine job.  I don't necessarily like her but I do like it when a reporter (I don't consider her a reporter) continues to go after a story and doesn't let the person being interviewed get away with a soft answer.

I don't think she was disrepectful.  But to quote someone else in an entirely different senario/person, I'll say, "Megan Kelly is no Greta Van Sustern", whom I like very, very much because SHE really asks questions I want to know.

Honored Contributor

I thought I read or heard something place that there would be no permanent co-host and the show has been cancelled.  I don't watch it but is this true?