Super Contributor

ME TV Saturday Morning Cartoons

[ Edited ]

I just got an email that on January 2nd, ME TV is going to show Saturday morning cartoons like we used to have back in the day.  Looney Tunes, Popeye and Tom and Jerry.  I am so excited!  The "cartoons" they have today are nowhere as good as the ones we had when we were kids.  Here are the details from the email:

It is our most common request from fans: Please bring back Saturday morning cartoons. You asked for it. We are thrilled to announce it!

MeTV proudly presents the weekend debut of Saturday Morning Cartoons on January 2, 2021. Starting every Saturday at 7AM | 6C, this three-hour "all cartoons, all the time" block is reminiscent of the Saturday morning broadcasts from your childhood.

Get ready to start your weekend with your favorite characters, from Bugs to Taz. Each hour will present a collection of cartoons featuring Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, Popeye and Friends, and Tom & Jerry.

These theatrical cartoon shorts came from the brilliant minds and pens of animation legends like Chuck Jones, Tex Avery, Max Fleischer, and William Hanna and Joseph Barbera. They remain as beautiful and hilarious as you remember.

Respected Contributor

Re: ME TV Saturday Morning Cartoons

Thanks for the tip. I'll be watching.

Respected Contributor

That's good news! Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

@suziebee1 :

Thanks - I can't wait to watch those cartoons. 

And thanks for reminding me. I never finished reading the autobiography of Chuck  Jones, Chuck Amuck. 

Respected Contributor

@suziebee1  What a fun respite from the world's stress.

Esteemed Contributor

@suziebee1  In the words of the esteemed philosopher Popeye; "well blow me downsk".😁  Thank you for the heads up! I have not seen an episode of Popeye in YEARS, and will definitely  be tuning in. I am perhaps as excited as you are.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

Heard my husband woo hooing in the living room other morning & this was why.Bring it on!!

Soooo much better than Stoogies IMO