Honored Contributor

MATLOCK REBOOT *NO SPOILER* JUST WOW

Kathy Bates fabulous as always and what a twist and a surprise! I literally yelled "oh wow"! Have my DVR set to record the whole season, it's gonna be great!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MATLOCK REBOOT *NO SPOILER* JUST WOW

I really enjoyed Kathy Bates and her character in the pilot episode. It's great to see a competent, modern woman above 60 in a character on TV. She is such a good actor, too. 

Honored Contributor

What channel and day is it on?   

I just did a search and the Matlock that came up was the 1980s TV series!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 Search for Matlock 2024. It was on CBS, with the first episode of season one just aired. I think they will air the premiere again on Oct., 10th for those who missed it. The second in the season is scheduled for Oct., 17th.

Hope dates are right. They're the dates I found, when I failed to set the DVR with the premiere. I wasn't sure it would interest me, but it looks good. 

Esteemed Contributor

It was amazing...especially that twist at the end
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

Well I enjoyed the show and Kathy Bates until the "twist". Why does every show have to do this. Don't think I will watch the show.

Valued Contributor

I loved it and the ending was total shocker !!! Can't wait to watch it unfold!! 

Honored Contributor

I loved the show, except for that final twist at the end.  I just don't think the show needs that.  

But....I will continue to watch since I adore Kathy Bates. 

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I loved the show, except for that final twist at the end.  I just don't think the show needs that.  

But....I will continue to watch since I adore Kathy Bates. 

That's my feeling, too.  I will watch because the characters are smart and interesting, and the pacing was good.  But how many seasons can the show last with a revenge/get justice sub-plot?

Respected Contributor

I thought that the "twist" was excellent and should open up many more stories for future episodes/seasons, along with the more predictable lawyering stuff.

We shall see, but I'm definitely looking forward to more.