Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 - at the end of the first episode, there was a notice on the screen that audience footage was from previous seasons.  I don't know if the same notice is up on other episodes, because I haven't looked.  They do a very good job of coordinating the footage, but if you notice, the audience doesn't call out the singer's name (like Seahorse!  Seahorse!) and doesn't vote at the end.  Nick says our judges and our at-home audience will now vote.  

Speaking of the seahorse, wow, she is a great singer!  No idea who she is.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  I read that there is no real audience due to the pandemic. There are, however, a very small number of people who are socially distanced that are in the "audience". They are using clips from former shows of the audience to make it look like there is one there.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MASKED SINGER

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

I just saw this on Donnie's Twitter.  LOL

the masked singer | Pun | Know Your Meme

@Cakers3 How funny of Donny to post this! Maybe he's hinting that Marie is one of the singers? When Donny was on The Masked  Singer, Marie was throwing around clues all over social media. 

I'm glad to read here  that the audience is previous footage-  I kept looking  to see if the  audience  was in sync with the performer. Most often it is, the editing staff did a very  convincing job! 

Respected Contributor

Never would've guessed Mark!   Great looking guy - Do remember him from the Jets, and because he dated Eva Longoria for a short time.

Honored Contributor

I too never would have guessed Mark.

Honored Contributor

Add us to the fact it was Mark S..  talk about way off, LOL   and he is a cutie patootie!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I recognized Mark, but really didn't know him since I don't follow football. But the guesses were completely off  from an athlete!

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Never would've guessed Mark!   Great looking guy - Do remember him from the Jets, and because he dated Eva Longoria for a short time.

@LyndaGee  I remember him all too well being a Jets fan. I remember the butt fumble, you know, he had his issues, but I would take him now as my quarterback and Rex Ryan too. I thought he didn't sing that badly and he was good working the baby alien.

Frequent Contributor

Funny I was thinking the same thing about show this week. What is annoying to me is the over-the-top panel. Show just seems, this year, to be more about the

'over-the-top" judges and their phony enthusiasm. Just too noisy and fake. Someone put a muzzle on Jenny-Please.

Love the performers and the reaction of the audience. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: MASKED SINGER

[ Edited ]

I’ve had these recorded and finally got around to watching several tonight. Don’t they at least need to *sound* like the people some are guessing? No way is that Donny and Marie or Garth and Trisha for the snow owls. My first guess was Clint and Lisa Black. The second song cinched it.