Respected Contributor

Missed it!  Darn.  I see it' s being repeated on Sat. at 8 pm est.  Good.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MASKED SINGER

[ Edited ]

I also think Mickey didn't want this gig to go on too long- and in hindsight,  his singing voice sounds exactly like I would have imagined! 

Remember how good looking he was before all that bad plastic surgery? 

Honored Contributor

Seemed he did it on a whim and had no plans of returning. I didn't like the rap song, but thought the others were very good.

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I also think Mickey didn't want this gig to go on too long- and in hindsight,  his singing voice sounds exactly like I would have imagined! 

Remember how good looking he was before all that bad plastic surgery? 

@Ibby114 

mickey rourke.png

Honored Contributor

When he started singing, I thought --- eeeck, he's either very, very old, or not very good, or both!  I think it was just a stunt.  I think they knew it was just going to be a one shot deal.  He looks such a mess now.  I remember back in the day --- oh, my goodness ---he was so good looking. You would never believe he's the same person.  It's not just an aging thing.  I mean, we all age.  He had such terribly bad plastic surgery for one thing and then the rest --- I guess he has had substance abuse and drinking issues?  He may not have been on something on the show but he sured looked like it.  Such a shame.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I too am getting a weird vibe about this season.

The judges know a ton of information about everyone who they base their guess on.

I am beginning to think they are given way more clues than we are or maybe even a list of possibilities.

They just know way too much..I still enjoy the show but don't think the contestants are totally unknown to the judges.

Micky Rourke looked drunk to me too but he led a rough life so he could just be burnt out and that's just him.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 , I agree it was a stunt.   There didn't appear to be anything spontaneous about that...or maybe I should say it just seemed off or something, Nick's response, etc.   Maybe once they realized he wanted out that was the way they decided to go about it.  

Respected Contributor

Mickey Rourke used to box back in the day. He also lived a rough life of excessive drugs and alcohol.  3 strikes right there! 

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I too am getting a weird vibe about this season.

The judges know a ton of information about everyone who they base their guess on.

I am beginning to think they are given way more clues than we are or maybe even a list of possibilities.

They just know way too much..I still enjoy the show but don't think the contestants are totally unknown to the judges.

Micky Rourke looked drunk to me too but he led a rough life so he could just be burnt out and that's just him.

@DREAMON   DH and I were saying that, too. 

I know the judges are celebs and all so would know alot of people but they totally dropped the ball with some like Drew Carey.  He was a dead give away with voice and clues.  I think that was one of the ones they pretended to be so shocked.  LOL

It keeps the show going, I guess. 

Look at Ken-that season where everyone was Bjork, according to him.

It was obviously not Bjork and the comedy effect wore thin.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: MASKED SINGER

[ Edited ]

I was so surprised last night that that was Brian Austin Green, I would have never guessed that one! I liked how Robin went up and sang with him at the end! I am not sure that the duo is necessarily husband and wife!