Honored Contributor

Re: MARTHA KNOWS BEST HGTV NEW SHOW

@furbabylover wrote:

I just can't respect Martha after she made the very dumb move of posing for a photo in front of a picture of a certain prominent politician with her middle finger directed at him and a big smile on her face. 

@furbabylover  I recall reading on instagram she said a man that worked for her altered the pic. She claims she was making a v sign to both men.

Honored Contributor

Good for Martha. Her shows are interesting and informative.  Love her farm.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover 

I don't believe 1/2 the stuff I see on the internet, fb, ig or any other social media outlets.

Respected Contributor

I tried to watch it and couldn't get past the first 5 minutes.  Maybe I'm not into gardening?  Might check out the future ones to see if any of them interest me.

Trusted Contributor

I found the show very boring and flat.....I do like her cooking shows though.....this one is a flop

Honored Contributor

I know a lot will disagree but I think Martha Stewart has had a huge influence on the way people live since she came along in the early 1980's.  

She has made a difference in our meals, going from so many casseroles and such to a more basic and somewhat healthier style with more natural foods.  If you aren't old enough believe me, look at older cookbooks from the 1960's and 1970's like Southern Living and compare that to the food in Entertaining.  She was at the forefront of that trend.

She evolved from a lot of clutter and baskets to a cleaner look and a simple lifestyle and many went along on the journey.  I remember when me and all my friends put our dish detergent in a pretty bottle with a spout because she did it!

Unlike a lot of wealthy trendsetters and self-styled gurus who want to tell us how to live and what to think, Martha tells us how to fold a sheet, plant some greens, or cook a chicken.  

She hasn't lost touch with real life despite her wealth.  NOT to say she doesn't live a wealthy lifestyle (who wouldn't?) nor does she apologize, but she still is concerned with the way she lives and is always eager to learn something or find a better way and pass it along.  You can tell that learning something is exciting to her. 

I like that she takes life as it comes, does something to move on from hard knocks and as far as I know or remember, doesn't whine or cry or blame others for failures. (Well, maybe the chick her husband left her for. . . )

I once heard her say "I'm not unique!"  Then she laughed and said "I'm just . . .  difficult!"  That's not a bad attitude.  You could worse!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner   Agree.  I learned so much from Martha by watching her first show, loved it.  DH came into the room and asked me why she was talking that way, I said, "you mean proper grammar?"  That is a rairty in today's world.

I remember watching an Oprah Winfrey show where Martha was a guest.  A woman in the audience talked to Martha, then her husband stood up and said that his wife talked so much about Martha that he asked her if she was a new neighbor, lol, had no clue who she was.

Trusted Contributor

I just looked up her age and on August 3rd she’ll be 79. I think she looks remarkably well and healthy. She has a healthy lifestyle that suits her. 

Trusted Contributor

forgot about it UGH.  I love her

Honored Contributor

I remember when she said how much she wanted Grandchildren, and now she has two, a boy and a girl, how did she manage to get one of each, lol.

Martha Stewart shows off grandchildren Jude and Truman on the set ...