Honored Contributor

“MARS” NASA Natl Geo Wonderful!

We just started watching this documentary/drama. Participants include Elon Musk (SPACEX); NASA; and more.

The landscape of humans meeting Mars is ever present. Mankind plans to send humans to the Red Planet in 2033, according to this series. 

‘I wish the series would make a variation for little kids. I think our DGs would love the contraptions being used on the surface. 

‘So thoughtful and well-done is this series!

Man’s very best qualities of intelligent planning to make this trip are highlighted.

We need to colonize this planet in order to avoid extinction of our species.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: “MARS” NASA Natl Geo Wonderful!

[ Edited ]

Thank you, @LTT1

I don't get the Nat'l Geo network, but what you wrote reminded me of the Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson: Red Mars, Blue Mars, and Green Mars.  Those are about colonization of the red planet.  It's been a while since I read them (they are from the early 90s), but from what I recall, they'd hold up pretty well even now.

I'll have to check to see whether the NG program might be available on DVD or another method.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

i recently watched season one, episode one.  it was ok.  not sure how much farther with the series i will get, but i will at least watch a few more.  

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy

I am an outer space “nut!”

While following the NASA ISS every day for a year and they kept referring to a Mars mission.

Next, along came Elon Musk SPACEX launching a rocket carrying a Tesla into outer space.

So, anyway, the series is appealing to me.

I remember the days when everyone sat glued to the tv watching the space program launches.

Wish kids were an excited about the possibilities as my generation was.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Season 1 was good. I was glad to see Season 2 come along.

Produced by Ron Howard.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

I see that Netflix has the DVDs.  They're going into my queue.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

I sure hope you like this one!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if that's really true about babies born on Mars?....that they wouldn't be able to live on Earth because they've developed their internal organs under less gravity, that of which is found on Mars, and because of that they couldn't tolerate Earth's gravity.

I question this because deep sea divers can tolerate pressure. But maybe this is something different. I don't know. This is something I truly never even thought about.