Honored Contributor

Nope....didn't miss the Paige and Chris show at all.  They did cross my mind near the end of the show cause that's when they normally appear.

The segment I enjoyed the most was Erik and Virginia.  I worry about Virginia.....she needs counseling...badly.  The drinking has started to take its toll on her.  My mother was an alcoholic and her health went down early in life.  She displayed neurological damage very early in her life and the doctor said it was probably due to drinking.  So, Erik needs to open his eyes and decide if he can deal with her beyond decision day.

After the last show, I had such a dislike for Haley.  Jacob is far from perfect but that girl has an emotional disconnect gene in her. Did you hear her say if she doesn't want to do something, she won't do it.  As if it's her way or the highway.  She might have had an overindulgent parent who never told her that sometimes you do something for people just to be nice.  She tears Jacob down every chance she gets.

(I hope I'm not repeating myself.  I'm on more than one MAFS forum).

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I was another who did NOT miss Chris (especially him) and Paige this week.  Thank goodness for small favors.  As the episode went on I noticed they weren't 'on' and was very pleased.

Yeah, I probably wasn't a fan of Haley anyway but this week she just went way too far with constantly cutting him down.    Somebody like that is poisonous and he just needs to get out and find somebody decent and caring.  I'm amazed at how well he takes the constant knockdowns to his character.  There has to be a line and she has already crossed mine.

ITA about Virginia and Eric.   She has her issues, for sure, but he seems like somebody who is militarily stract and won't 'bend' to understand beyond how he wants things to be.   I hope she's not an alcoholic but she sure is portrayed as being, at the very least, on the cusp of that.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree about Virginia and the drinking.  Hope it is just for the show and not that she has a problem.  Why is it that these experts are not getting alerted to some of these problems beforehand.  Aren't they finding out if the people involved want children and want the same things in life.  It is like they never even interviewed the people.  If Virginia likes to go out with her friends, this must have come up before she was even chosen.  It is a shame for these people to have feelings and then find out, it is not going to work because of one problem or another.  It is hard enough knowing the person you are marrying but to get into a situation with a person who definitely has a problem would not be fair to the person who really wants sincerely to find love.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree, @miata1 .  Why don't they pair up these people for a 6 or 8 week get to know each other type show.  I would still watch.  There are too many factors that they aren't asking during the interview process.  Do you party?  Do you like to get drunk?  Is it appropriate to go out with friends every weekend without your spouse?  Do you want kids?  When?  How many?  Should they be raised in the church?  Do you health problems? They are leaving too many things hanging.  I think they matched up people this season because they have or like dogs.  The so called experts must not be pet people.  Not all animals are going to be happy being joined together with other dogs in a family setting.  Just because I like my dog doesn't mean I am going to like your dog.......and I will always take my dogs side over theirs.  

Let these people get to know each other before tying the knot.  It would still make for good TV.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I wondered if anyone else caught what Claire said on the Unfiltered show with Jaime.  They were talking about how Chris said he thought Paige was unattractive, not his type of a woman.  Claire said, "I don't know how many times they asked me, 'what if you aren't attracted to the person we match you with? how important would that be?'"  I found that to be interesting.

When Paige walked down the aisle, Chris mumbled under his breath he thought she was ugly.  I guess he should have told the experts that looks were very important to him. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs, oh, he definitely told them how important it was for him to be attracted to his "wife." In fact, even during the mtchmaking show, Pastor Cal mentioned that he was afraid that Chris would not be attracted to Paige and the other two said they would be fine. (Although I still think that all of the matches are already done and showing the three experts is just for the camera.) It really is funny/sad how Chris thinks that he is the ultimate prize. I don't find him the least bit attractive - even before they showed his behavior.

Esteemed Contributor

Jacob is sarcastic (actually hurt) but Haley is just nasty. 

I hope Ryan really loves Clara and releases his jewels!

Honored Contributor

Whatever that green stuff was that they were all drinking, except Jacob, Virginia drank way too many.  When she and Erik were having their "discussion about the dogs/cats in bed, she was talking and slurring a mile a minute.  And it was nonsense....Erik is allergic to cats snd she wants them to continue sleeping with her.

Baby Huey (Vincent) is turning into a creep like the rest of the guys, not that the ladies are much better.

Let's face it...the experiment failed. No one should marry at first sight.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

It seems that whomever is in charge is clearly not a fan of Halyey.  They are sure to show her every side eye, eyeroll, etc.  She is very junior high.

@Mmsfoxxie , you are so right..epic fail this season.

I think paired with the right people Erik and Jacob would have had good outcomes.  Virginia really brings out that side of Erik because she is just ridiculous with her thoughts of marriage.  As I've said, I hope this was for show because if not, she just needs to say single.

I think probably with the right people Clara and Briana would make it too.

Let's face it...we got so spoiled with the great couples last season.  It is hard to find anybody to root for or get invested in this season.

Respected Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie  LOL!  I will from now on always think of him as Baby Huey.  Perfectly fitting nic for such a whiner, resistant or fearful of anything that might threaten his fragile ego.