Esteemed Contributor

I SO agree about Baby Huey.  Brianna is not going to be happy with a man that wants a woman so he can have children at his death bed, but yet won't put himself out on a limb and try new things because, God forbid, he may look silly.  Well, guess what!  You look selfish!  

I am beginning to like Jake better and better.  Yes, he is quirky, but I feel he is extremely loyal and would be a mature presence when he had to be.  Haley was digging him when they were winning the trivia game.  I bet her parents were the type that gave her a prize even when she didn't win.  

Unless this whole Clara and Ryan thing is scripted, Ryan is just plain creepy.  The drama about withholding sex or saying I love you on every season is gettin old.  

@Free2be  @Wsmom  @Mmsfoxxie  @colliegirls 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT

[ Edited ]

Haley and Jake - the bracelet is so not about the bracelet! It's a metaphor about how Haley hasn't  given hm a chance.  He really seems like a good guy- just totally completely mismatched with Haley. She seems to be an only child, with parents that don't tell her how it really is.  And what's wrong with the 1980's anyway!! Woman LOL

Clara and Ryan will probably make it-- unless they get into the friend zone fully. The religion thing- she's hasn't rejected it. She just doesn't want her kids forced like she was. They've built a strong loving friendship- there's intimacy but not just EVERYTHING (as discussed way too much on Unfiltered!).  Maybe that will evolve?

Brianna and Vincent -- natural childbirth vs adoption. There are other ways to have a child.  If her health problems turn out to be an issue there's always surrogacy. It was a good sign that he tried horseback riding- and it opened a conversation about not surprising him with 'danger' activities in the future. 

Erik and Virginia (especially) need to cut out the booze - their conversations will have more productive resolutions.

And Paige & Chris- the previews for decision day show they're there. Get ready for more ridiculousness! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie  LOL!  I will from now on always think of him as Baby Huey.  Perfectly fitting nic for such a whiner, resistant or fearful of anything that might threaten his fragile ego.  

Yes!  I forgot to mention that....perfect nic @Mmsfoxxie !

Esteemed Contributor

There was a show when this whole season started and then at midpoint.  It was hosted by Kevin somebody?? There were 3 women and a guy that "predicted" the oucome for each couple.  Anyway, they showed a preview teaser of decision day.  They showed just enough to make you think that Paige and Chris may not choose to divorce..........now we know it has to be scripted LOL.

@Ibby114  @Wsmom  @Free2be  @Mmsfoxxie 

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

There was a show when this whole season started and then at midpoint.  It was hosted by Kevin somebody?? There were 3 women and a guy that "predicted" the oucome for each couple.  Anyway, they showed a preview teaser of decision day.  They showed just enough to make you think that Paige and Chris may not choose to divorce..........now we know it has to be scripted LOL.

@Ibby114  @Wsmom  @Free2be  @Mmsfoxxie 

@tends2dogs, I believe his name is Kevin Frazier who hosted that show you spoke of.

This season is IMO, by far, the worse.  I really wish the pros would ask each of them questions about religion, pets, having children (do they want a family or not).  These are all important issues IMO.  Not everyone loves pets and some do. 

For example, I love cats and would love to have one; however, DH is very allergic to them so I honor that request.  Virginia is totally out of line with her demands that her cats sleep with her.  That should be a question by thep pros since we are now encountering a problem with them.  It's really not fair to either Virginia nor Erik.

Personally, I'm having trouble with Briana's actions.  When they married, they mentioned she's "bossy" which she really is.  And I'm tired of listening to her "little girl voice" and whining when things don't go her way.  Vincent has some issues, but it appears it' "her way or the highway", especially when it comes to sleep.  Not fair to him if he needs to sleep later and she doesn't like it.

From the beginning, I didn't see Haley/Jake making it.  Neither one is even close to a match for the other.

The verdict is out for me on Clara/Ryan.

JMO.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Imho, I think this season was so scripted and bad. Each week we see a peek of things to come if the couples stay together.

Jake/Haley - I'm so over both of them. While she really doesn't give Jake a chance, I think Jake gets his digs in as well just in a different tone. They both share fault in this marriage.

Erik/Virginia - This was a bad match from day one. Virginia is young and immature and really just wants to party, get drunk and sleep on a friends couch. She doesn't get (or doesn't want to) those are things you do when you are single. Erik, is too "military" strict and everything with him becomes a 3-day lecture in which he is the only one that has an important point of view. He is very controlling.

Baby Huey/Brianna - I think she has a pretty good head on her shoulders and is tired of his responses to being afraid of anything new. Imo, I think he's more afraid of embarrasing himself - its a "macho" thing. In the long run, I don't think this will work out and they should end it sooner rather than later.

Claire/? - Sorry I can't think of his name. Don't know whether he is holding out or just trying to see how much she wants him. She seems to have been pretty honest about her previous relationships. Has he said he has had past relationships? But, if this is the game he's going to play, I'm betting he will be the loser.

Trusted Contributor

I feel sorry for Jake..  I think he is a nice regular guy that wanted to find someone and he really got stuck with Haley.  Haley probably was not attracted to him from the beginning and she is just waiting it out.  I don't blame Jake for leaving as he was thinking what am I doing here in the first place and probably decided I might as well just go.  I really like Clara as she is so honest and just says what she really feels.  He is lucky to be matched up with her and hope that they get to decide to stay together.

Don't know about Briana and Vincent now because having children is a very important decision and this may not be able to be recitified to make both parties happy.

Eric and Virginia I am disappointed in because at the beginning, it didn't seem that Eric was a drinker and on one of the programs, he seemed to be slurring his words and acting drunk.  Don't know whether all of this is for the camera but I do hope that she has not gotten him drinking and he ends up going downhill with his job, etc.  Some women can bring a man down and some can bring him up.  At first I thought they were cute together but now I have reservations about them.  Hope it is not as it seems. 

Esteemed Contributor

One week until decision day.  Thank goodness!!!!

First, I really think that if Haley would have given Jake a fair chance, it may have worked.  She has down played him to her friends and family so much that even if she gave it a longer try, she has set her F & F to not like him.  Even her friend said last night, if he wasn't living in the 80's, a weird dresser, yada yada, would you give it a chance.  Too bad.  They both are sick of dating and being alone.  They could do worse.  I think they will choose to divorce.

Clara and Ryan.  Wow, they will stay married, but for how long.  He is starting to see her as needy.  He seemed to be taking out his frustrations with that football LOL. 

Baby Huey is a piece of work. (does it look to you like he plucks his eyebrows LOL?)  Yes he admitted his shortcoming, but that is going to be how he is and her bossiness if going to be how she is.  They both think the other should change.......not going to happen.  They will stay together.

Erik and Virginia.  I don't see anything wrong with telling you spouse what you expect in a marriage.  It is better than being wishy washy about your needs and views.  Get it out there now.  She loves him, but doesn't want the same things he does from a marriage.  I kind of got the feeling her friends want their party friend back......or maybe they never lost her LOL.  I don't get the big thing about where they are going to live.  Does she want to live together?  The cat thing will be an issue, too.  They will choose staying married, but for how long?

There will be some big drama with Paige and Chris. Glad there is only one more week.

Pastor Cal said on Unfiltered last night that he isn't a cat person and that Virginia should/could find a room or another house for her cats.  Wow.  I am not a cat person either, but that is crude.  Why do they pair someone with cat allergies with a person with 3 cats?  Virginia says she they sleep on her head.  Poor Erik, but I wouldn't get rid of my pets. 

Anyone else watch?   @miata1  @riley1  @HisElk1  @Wsmom @Mmsfoxxie @chickenbutt 

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs I watch ~ unfortunately. LOL Get sucked in every season. Haley seems like a spoiled child to me. She's not given Jake a chance. He's quirky, but hardworking and loyal. I bet he would be a great dad and a great husband if given the chance. I didn't care for Claire in the beginning, but have grown to like her. She and Ryan have different goals and ambitions, but those things can be shared and worked out over time. Not in eight weeks. Something is off about Ryan, I just don't know what. To let his wife "get him off" every night and not have sex bugs me. Brianna is a spoiled little girl, too. Wants it all and constantly whines. Vincent, I don't know. Still on the fence with him. Erik is too darn controlling. I was married to one of those for 11 years and finally jetted. It wears you down. Virginia is not ready for marriage. I'm not sure what the heck she was thinking.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

One week until decision day.  Thank goodness!!!!

First, I really think that if Haley would have given Jake a fair chance, it may have worked.  She has down played him to her friends and family so much that even if she gave it a longer try, she has set her F & F to not like him.  Even her friend said last night, if he wasn't living in the 80's, a weird dresser, yada yada, would you give it a chance.  Too bad.  They both are sick of dating and being alone.  They could do worse.  I think they will choose to divorce.

Clara and Ryan.  Wow, they will stay married, but for how long.  He is starting to see her as needy.  He seemed to be taking out his frustrations with that football LOL. 

Baby Huey is a piece of work. (does it look to you like he plucks his eyebrows LOL?)  Yes he admitted his shortcoming, but that is going to be how he is and her bossiness if going to be how she is.  They both think the other should change.......not going to happen.  They will stay together.

Erik and Virginia.  I don't see anything wrong with telling you spouse what you expect in a marriage.  It is better than being wishy washy about your needs and views.  Get it out there now.  She loves him, but doesn't want the same things he does from a marriage.  I kind of got the feeling her friends want their party friend back......or maybe they never lost her LOL.  I don't get the big thing about where they are going to live.  Does she want to live together?  The cat thing will be an issue, too.  They will choose staying married, but for how long?

There will be some big drama with Paige and Chris. Glad there is only one more week.

Pastor Cal said on Unfiltered last night that he isn't a cat person and that Virginia should/could find a room or another house for her cats.  Wow.  I am not a cat person either, but that is crude.  Why do they pair someone with cat allergies with a person with 3 cats?  Virginia says she they sleep on her head.  Poor Erik, but I wouldn't get rid of my pets. 

Anyone else watch?   @miata1  @riley1  @HisElk1  @Wsmom @Mmsfoxxie @chickenbutt 

@tends2dogs very spot on summation!  

This seems to be Haley as far as giving people a chance.  Didn't her friend comment on that early on?  But she never gave him a chance and had that wall up the whole time.  He seems like a very nice, easygoing guy and she seems like a fun gal; they just don't work together.

With Clara and Ryan, they must just be giving them that odd edit.  

Spoiler
This gal I follow on instagram, mafsfan, said she has a family member who is a realtor and they had just made an offer on a house so they are still together.

lol...I love "Baby Huey"...so appropriate.  "Manscaping" is quite the thing and I think many younger men all do their brows etc.

Spoiler
Same gal had a snippet with his ex who basically said a lot of him must be edit because he is portrayed different from her experiences with him.  There was more detail but that is the gist...I can't remember exactly what she said.

Hopefully this is edit with Virginia and Erik.  I mean her idea of a marriage wouldn't even work in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.  Very selfish and there is really no reason to be married at all.   They really work to make him look like a bad guy because he doesn't want her out partying and spending the night at her guy friends' and everything else with her just grinning and shrugging. Since she was never given any kind of role model on how adulting looks, maybe it isn't a bad thing that Erik is trying to let her know what he would like in a marriage.  

Spoiler
But again, same gal, people have seen them out repeatedly at various places and photos were posted somewhere by a family member of his with her in the pic.

Paige and Chris are a joke.   Good on her if she decides to give him a chance.  Live happily ever after or not...I just don't want to hear about it anymore.   This is no doubt nothing and they both add the "but we don't want to stay married" though.