Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Lol....I didn't notice how Jacob gnaws at his food.  I just noticed how can't let something go....he just can't let it go that Haley doesn't want him romantically.  She might be anti man.

Wow....did Erik get mean last night!  Maybe he was drunker than Virginia.  And yes, I have noticed that Virginia has a twitch....probably withdrawal from cutting back on the alcohol.  And her skin looks bad.  (I say all of this looking perfect myself, lol.  I wish).

Ryan, the "for sure" guy.  What's strange about Ryan not wanting penetration is that he must not know that the other suck Clare does to him is.....Sex.  She should stop.

Too funny, @Mmsfoxxie .  Check out your spelling, unless you meant to type that word......LOL. (perfect Woman Wink)

I agree that Virginia's complexion is looking bad.  It could be the stress of going through this process.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I'm having a lot of compassion for Virginia.  She is open about having anxiety disorder and no doubt uses alcohol to self-medicate.  I hope she  isn't so dependent on it that it will be another huge hurdle for her.  I don't think Eric is so wise that he knows how to support her when he can't help himself from pounding her over he head with his oh-so-superior--rightness.  I hope she gets some good help and I hope they can make their relationship work but he needs to learn a few things, too.

I get the sense that Virginia doesn't quite know who she is yet and thought that marrying would ground her.  She's coming to grips with her own self on this TV show.  I cannot imagine how stressful that would feel.

I agree that I can see Virginia growing up a bit.......self reflection........admitting she needs help.  Hopefully Eric will get off her back, especially about her dog.  He showed a different side of himself last night and it wasn't good.

Trusted Contributor

Erik has been clearly drunk the last few times. He may be drinking to make Virginia happy since that is what she does, since he really can't drink that much, as he is a pilot. So, maybe he doesn't handle it well.

And, yes, he has been horrible, mean, condescending, and unkind to her lately, which triggers her anxiety. I hope she gets to the point where she decides that she needs psychological help far more than she needs to be married to someone who sets her off and doesn't respect her. He wants to control her every thought and she was right to feel like she is not herself anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if Virginia is hesitant for children because she knows she drinks alot and doesn't feel she is capable of stopping during a pregnancy.  

Just a thought.

Esteemed Contributor

Saw a whole other side of Erik - he seems to be very controlling - maybe that is why his first marriage didn't work. Wants to know where Virginia is at all times and she has to be in his line of sight? Um, no.

And, when he starts talking/explaining things to her, its like he is lecturing her and just doesn't shut up. 

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I wonder if Virginia is hesitant for children because she knows she drinks alot and doesn't feel she is capable of stopping during a pregnancy.  

Just a thought.

@tends2dogs Virginia mentioned she's hesitant because of her upbringing-  she bounced around between her divorced parents. One parent even divorced a second time. 

Respected Contributor

Eric did come off very controlling.  I don't know if it is the way he is or he knows Virginia is so immature.  When a man tries to act like your father it is hard to be attracted to him.  Not sexy at all.  I can understand the thing about the dog.  She feels hurt he is talking about her "baby" but on his part the dog does need to behave better.  I guess maybe it is the way things are discussed.  Clara and Ryan have never seemed like a good match to me.  They get along fine but something is not feeling right with those two. 

I feel like the editing is done to make it all more dramatic.  Some seem like they show up for the cameras and then go back to their real life. Just a tv show they are doing on the side to make money.  

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe Clara should have been matched with Jacob.  I don't see her marriage working out.

Paige and Chris must be plants by production.  I do know Paige can speak in something other than her hushed tones since I heard her having a conversation with some of the other girls and she was clearly louder.  

Virginia should just stop drinking and work on transitioning from being single to married.  She needs some professional advice on how to do this.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT

[ Edited ]

Briana and Vincent are the only two who have a chance here regardless of who stays together.

Clara needs to take a walk.  He is a tool for whatever reason.  

Eric and Virginia, they need to just stop drinking or walk.  They are toxic together. I admit I haven't watched the whole show, but it sounds like they were out and she disappeared for 40 minutes?  Were they in a bar?  If this is the case call me crazy but I would worry if my spouse disappeared, and I can guarantee he would be worried about me if I disappeared from a bar for 40 minutes.  She has a lot going on with her mental health issues and her anxiety so unless he wants to sit back and let her spin and do what she wants he is the bad, controlling husband.  But the drinking is toxic and they just need to walk.  Take the experts with them because IMO this is pretty much an unwatchable season.

Also, what is the deal with Paige's voice.   Talking to her friends it is a normal voice; for the other portions it is her little breathless whisper voice.  <eyeroll>

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

Briana and Vincent are the only two who have a chance here regardless of who stays together.

Clara needs to take a walk.  He is a tool for whatever reason.  

Eric and Virginia, they need to just stop drinking or walk.  They are toxic together. I admit I haven't watched the whole show, but it sounds like they were out and she disappeared for 40 minutes?  Were they in a bar?  If this is the case call me crazy but I would worry if my spouse disappeared, and I can guarantee he would be worried about me if I disappeared from a bar for 40 minutes.  She has a lot going on with her mental health issues and her anxiety so unless he wants to sit back and let her spin and do what she wants he is the bad, controlling husband.  But the drinking is toxic and they just need to walk.  Take the experts with them because IMO this is pretty much an unwatchable season.

Also, what is the deal with Paige's voice.   Talking to her friends it is a normal voice; for the other portions it is her little breathless whisper voice.  <eyeroll>

@Wsmom Virginia's drinking is a form of self medication from her anxiety. What other mental health issues did she talk about?

I have known people who self medicate for similar reasons,