Respected Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT STARTS AGAIN

I'm finally up to date with the episodes. I find it very unusual that Jepthe wants to take things as slow as he has with Shawniece. Usually a man will want to jump right into bed and it's the woman who takes it slow. Think Jamie from the 1st? season.

They've been together for 2 weeks and he's not even sleeping in the same bed with her and still calling her a stranger. I would be terribly hurt if my husband didn't want to be in the same bed with me, even if we weren't inimate. Maybe he feels if he sleeps in the same bed he won't be able to restrain himself? Although I think she's ready now! lol

Didn't he ever watch this show to know what it's all about? I wonder why Shawniece hasn't spoken to any of the "experts" about this yet.

They do look like the make some progress from the previews I saw.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Trusted Contributor

I feel sorry for Shaunice as her hubby is sleeping in another room.  Its ok for him to want to take it slow but he has to make her feel at least like he likes her.  She just keeps feeling bad and always crying.  Jaclyn seems to like Ryan as she is always affectionate with him;  however, going through her things brought up some feelings of the past and I think that Ryan got worried about it.  I don't think he wants to lose her.  As far as Molly, I am just not sure about them.  She seems pretty confident about him getting a job so that is good that she feels that way.  He just looks to me like he is just hanging out.  Guess we will see what happens.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched one of the interview shows with Jamie Otis.  Shawniece was on with the pastor.  This was obviously taped weeks after the episodes that we have seen because you could tell that she really likes "her husband" and she would not say anything negative about him.  They may end up being the ones that make it.

As far as John, or anyone else that goes on this show, wouldn't you make it be know in the interview process that you have a pet?  There is no way I would be interested in anyone that I had to give up my pet for.......love me, love my dog. 

I have also noticed that none of these couples have any spiritual beliefs or feelings that are ever mentioned.  They must not choose people with strong belief convictions.

I am starting to like Ryan more now that he has calmed down from the wedding and honeymoon.  Jaclyn is kind of getting on my nerves and I wish she would quit running her tongue across her teeth.  I know this sounds picky/snarky, but I wonder if it is a nervous tick like motion.  She always does it when she is listening to Ryan talk.  I have to wonder if she may have jumped into this marriage a little too soon after the death of her boyfriend.

JMO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

This past week I taped the show but it seemed to be a repeat of the last show.  Did I miss the show and not tape it the right time.  Anyone see the show this past week.

Esteemed Contributor

@miata1wrote:

This past week I taped the show but it seemed to be a repeat of the last show.  Did I miss the show and not tape it the right time.  Anyone see the show this past week.

@miata1  I have my TV set up to tape every episode.  Nothing was recorded this week so I assumed that it wasn't on. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@miata1wrote:

@miata1,  no new show last week. I don't know why.

Honored Contributor

A lot of networks aren't running new episodes because of the Olympics. I think that might be the case why this hasn't been on. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think I'm up to date but haven't seen anything new in what seems like awhile!

If some of you saw the interviews (individually) I did also.  Jephte (when interviewed individually) seems to say all of the right and mature things but he acts totally different.

I don't know if any of you caught it but he has said several times he wasn't physically attracted to her.  I think that's a big part of it.

Think about it....when you see someone you're interested in the first thing is you are attracted to them....after that you get to know them...this is just the opposite.

Also, my guess is he's never been (physically) with a woman.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs, I said the same thing about John and the cat. Did he not say that he had a cat?  Did she not say she was highly allergic?  Why would you pair people together like that.

Remember when Sonja was paired with that guy who had dogs and she was terrified of them? 

I've been wondering for awhile what kind of "experts" these are and I'm not thinking they are very good ones.  No way would I give up my dog for any guy.   

Valued Contributor

The Daily Mail has something today about one of these men sleeping with one of the other "wives" when all of the couples got together for a party.  It says that then he went home and had sex with his "wife."  Gross!  I've seen a bit of this show, though not this year.  It makes me angry, though I should really just be disgusted.  These people deserve what they get for doing such a foolish, destructive thing.  It is madness to marry a total stranger. 

The worst thing was a few seasons ago when one of the men was abusive toward his "wife."  I don't remember whether it was just verbal or also physical.  She was a fool to stay with him, but these supposed psychologists were urging her to work it out.  That really was unconscionable.  She should have been more important than the story line or having them together for future episodes to fill out the show. 

This is really the pits as far as reality shows go.  I have no sympathy for the pain these people suffer as a result of such a reckless decision.