Honored Contributor

Re: 💐MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT SEASON 4 *SPOILERS POSSIBLE*

@sommertime wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

But -- then they showed a snippet of the next show --- what was this -- a month or so later?  Oh, my -- does not look good.  Here's Nick sitting with his ring off -- and saying something like -- I don't know what I did! And Sonya saying something like -- I don't need him and I don't want him!  

Then there's Lily --- when asked how are things going --- crying and --- then not showing a response -- meaningful pause --- stay tuned --- folks!!!! 

I'll bet that Lily is crying about either her shoulder surgery or the issue she has with her father. Doubt it is about Tom. They want ratings to draw you into watching the show.

Well, for Nick, it seems that anything, good or bad, sets Sonia off and flying. For a well educated woman with a masters degree, she seems to be emotionally immature, doesn't communicate well, and is unable to compromise. They still need to learn about each other and be able to move forward. To build a good marriage it takes some work from both parties, Sonia's answer is to just run away.

@sommertime

Oh, without a dobut -- you are right --- the show really knows how to set it up so you have to watch because it looks suspenseful -- will it happen or won't it?

As for Sonya, I do like her and think she is a kind, sweet person.  I don't think being highly educated guarantees that a person is emotionally mature.  She definitely has isses with communicating and she has admitted that and so have her friends.  

And Nick --- honestly --- he has good qualities and I think he does care, but he would drive me batty.  He has or seems to have no emotional maturity or communication skills at all!  

Lilly is also very sweet and caring and seems easily hurt.  If you're a sensiive person, it's very hard to put these things that hurt your aside.  It takes a lot of work, and the other person, if they truly care for you, has to be mindful of this and be willing to help you through.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

I can't help but notice that one of the participants from the First Season of MAFS, is constantly popping up doing interviews, promoting her blog, her book and now her supposed miscarriage which really doesn't appear to be a miscarriage at all.

This is the participant who was very mean to her husband, Doug H.  Jamie Otis eventually changes her minds and supposedly falls in love with him I've been watching since Season I when I first saw all the ladies appear on the View. It caught my attention, so I caught up with the shows On Demand and continued watching while I was recuperating from my surgery.

I found it so strange that she still is focusing on her ex boyfriend and wanted her husband and her ex to meet up. Doug finally agreed but then the ex didn't want to do it so it was a no go. What kind of nut job would want this to happen?

Then, this past summer in July, Jamie Otis suffered a miscarriage according to her. It is easy to find out information about what happened because she posts pictures and does interviews about.  Of course everyone felt sorry for her because she has been wanting a child since she got married. Mind you, she supposedly raised her younger siblings because her mother wasn't around.

What is strange to me is that she did some interviews about her miscarriage throughout the summer. And then the story died. But in September, she did an interview with Women's Day, entitled "What People Don't Want To Talk About" and explained that because there was not enough amniotic fluid in her placenta, the doctors told her that her child would most likely have developmental issues. So Jamie and Doug decided to abort the pregancy at 16 or 17 weeks (depending upon the article or blog or post you read). Then the story dies down and now in October, the Daily Mail and the Huffington Post posted a picture of Jamie and Doug holding their son. Yout can't really see the baby.

It is clear this young woman wants to be on TV. She tried out doing a hosting gig on one of the shows. She did some for MAFS and in my opinion was terrible. She has been on a couple of dating shows before MAFS.

Jamie Otis is posing on FB, Twitter, Blogs about the current season of MAFS with Sonia and Lillian. No other couple is doing this. Most of them are focusing on themselves. In fact, the only other couple to stay together is Courtney (make up artist) and Jason (the fireman) and they seem to be well received by just about everyone.

So the point of this post is...am I the only one disturbed that she is saying she had a miscarriage but in fact had an abortion? I am absolutely pro choice but why would you make a big thing about your miscarriage but explain the details that show it was an abortion? I know many women who have had miscarriages or lost a twin during a pregnancy. That is a miscarriage. The decision to abort a fetus because of health reasons is called an abortion.

What's your take on this?

@CalMom

I have watched all seasons of this show.  I am not on social media at all so I have not seen any of these things or heard any of these things about Jamie and Doug.  I did hear that she had lost her baby and I felt very bad for them because from what I had heard she always wanted a child.  

As far as what really happened -- miscarriage or termination --- I don't know anything about that. 

Then your post said that a picture was posted with their son???  Where did the son come from then if she had a miscarriage or whatever?  I am confused.

I don't know.  Jamie, to me, has come across, as growing up in a very unstable home life and having to take on a lot of responsibility at a very young age and she seems to have some problems that she needs to work on.  So, I don't know.  I think she really wants to have a husband, a child and a good home life, but she has had a lot of issues.

I would never go on social media, etc. and display all my personal issues, but then, again --- I guess everyone's different. 

Super Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

Jamie is not a stranger to television shows. I read that she was on the Bachelor, not sure when she appeared on that program.

Respected Contributor

@mantaraye wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

Jamie is not a stranger to television shows. I read that she was on the Bachelor, not sure when she appeared on that program.

Bachelor Pad and Married At First Site. I did google her on youtube and she did do a video to try out for a QVC Host. Smart move on QVC's behalf for not selecting her. She has too much baggage.

Respected Contributor

There is a Woman's Day Article from September that explains what happened. What I find strange is that after she was told bad news about her baby, and then she went on the Today Show to announce her pregnancy after making the rounds with other news agencies and publications. How do you announce a pregnancy when you have just been told bad news?

From what I read, Jaime opted to terminate the baby because although its heart was beating, there was little amnotic fluid which could cause developmental issues for the baby. She saw 3 or 4 doctors and per Jaime,  they all recommended that she terminate the baby since the baby would most likely have developmental issues.

Jaime does say that she terminated the pregnancy but then in the next sentence, refers to it as a miscarriage.

I'm not one to judge a woman's choice, but call a spade a spade. If she terminated her pregancy then it was an abortion. A miscarriage is when you lose the baby without any intervention. I am not judging her decision but it does seem as if she is exploiting the situation for attention.

It seems that most women would be upset after this occurred. However, this gave her opportunities to get more opportunities in the media. She also is plugging some book she wrote about how to be a wife. With her history, the wedding where she didn't like the looks of her future husband, honeymoon where she was absolutely miserable, her behavior towards her husband during the six weeks, bringing her ex and her husband together, her complaining constantly, I find that writing a book about being a wife to be more ironic if anything. What was the publisher thinking?

I gather she wants to be on television and perhaps be a host. Or possibly getting her own reality TV Show. Probably a better fit would be an exercise show where she could use her husband as a Punching Bag.

Honored Contributor

@mantaraye wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

@mantaraye

I don't watch that show and I had never seen or heard of her before the Married show.  All I know is, she sure seems to have some issues and Doug --- boy, he must really have a lot of patience!  

Honored Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

@mantaraye wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

Bachelor Pad and Married At First Site. I did google her on youtube and she did do a video to try out for a QVC Host. Smart move on QVC's behalf for not selecting her. She has too much baggage.

@CalMom

Oh, wow.  Didn't know any of that.  Yes, she has gotten some t.v. exposure.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

There is a Woman's Day Article from September that explains what happened. What I find strange is that after she was told bad news about her baby, and then she went on the Today Show to announce her pregnancy after making the rounds with other news agencies and publications. How do you announce a pregnancy when you have just been told bad news?

I'm not one to judge a woman's choice, but call a spade a spade. If she terminated her pregancy then it was an abortion. A miscarriage is when you lose the baby without any intervention. I am not judging her decision but it does seem as if she is exploiting the situation for attention.

Bingo! This is it and explains it!  Seems she will do anything for money and attention to try and further her career aspirations I always thought that she decided to stay with Doug because she thought it would be better for her show-bizz type of career that she wanted. If she divorced him, there would have been no reunion or other shows.

Honored Contributor

I had (at least) 3 miscarriages before my 3 girls.  Some went pretty far into the pregnancy.  Many women often have miscarriages (especially in the beginning).  You are right (from what I know and was told) a miscarriage is very different from an abortion.  They have two different meanings in the encyclopedia.

I don't even know who the young woman is you are talking about but it sounds like she is all about promoting herself.

I also agree that you cannot judge someone else for their decisions.  I don't think it's other people's business what someone does, but she made it public business by blabing to the world HER business.  She sounds like a real trip.

Respected Contributor

For last night's "update" show, did they mention how long this took place after they were married?

Both couples seem to be doing well and are moving on with things such as buying a house. I noticed the engagement ring on Lillian's hand right away, that was nice that Tom gave her one.

Nick and Sonia seem more affectionate with each other. That was also nice to see. They are really cute together. I had to laugh when they were sleeping in bed and the little dog was in the bed with them. Sonia has come a long way with her fear of dogs! 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum