Premier tonight, Tuesday, 7/26/16

On FYI and A&E

The three new “Married at First Sight” couples
will be revealed in Tuesday’s season opener,
which begins with a 45-minute

matchmaking
special followed by the 75-minute

premiere episode.

Here’s an introduction to the brides- and grooms-to-be.

Married at first sight

"Married at First Sight" Season 4 participants:

(clockwise from top left)

Tom Wilson,

Lillian Vilchez,

Nick Pendergrast,

Heather Seidel,

Derek Schwartz

and Sonia Granados.

Tom Wilson, 29

Wilson is a designer who works on yacht interior construction and lives out of a coach bus that he converted into a luxury mobile home. “It filters [women] out pretty quick,” he says of his RV lifestyle.

Dating history: Single for a year and a half, most recent relationship lasted three years.

Ideal qualities in a spouse: A woman with a sense of humor who is laid-back, active, trustworthy and has similar values.

Biggest fear: Being matched with someone shallow. “That’s all you really run into in Miami. It’s all face value – watch, belt, what kind of shoes do you have on. I was worried I was going to be stuck with someone who was only concerned about monetary things and image, not so much about who you are as a person.”

Lillian Vilchez, 24

A realtor by trade, Vilchez’s parents divorced when she was a teenager when her mother found out her father had a second family, and she no longer has a relationship with her dad.

Ideal qualities in a spouse: A man with a strong work ethic who is loving, loyal, honest, funny and patient.

Why she wanted to get married at first sight: A frustration with the current dating scene.

Nick Pendergrast, 32

Pendergast’s parents divorced when he was young; he now works as a vacation rental manager.

Dating history: Single for two years.

Ideal qualities in a spouse: Someone who is independent, confident and can bring him out of his introverted ways.

Why he wanted to get married at first sight: Since his last relationship ended, he hasn’t been able to meet a woman he can envision starting a life with.

Heather Seidel, 32

Seidel works as a flight attendant and enjoys being active, traveling to new places for her job and cooking for family and friends. Her parents are still married, and she looks to their relationship as a model for her own marriage.

Ideal qualities in a spouse: Ambitious, strong-willed, sense of humor.

Derek Schwartz, 35

Before becoming an account executive, Schwartz served in the Navy and was raised by a single mother, who he is close with. He enjoys being active, spending time with his dog and working on his music in the studio.

Ideal qualities in a spouse: Ability to make him laugh and a good communicator.

Biggest fear: Failing at something that he commits himself to.

Sonia Granados, 33

A social worker who finds foster care for refugee children, Granados’ parents divorced when she was 15, which proved a difficult time in her life.

Dating history: She had a boyfriend for two years starting at age 24, since then it’s been a string of six-month relationships. Single for five months.

Ideal qualities in a spouse: A family man with an upbeat personality who is honest, chivalrous, a good communicator and can make her laugh.

Why she wanted to get married at first sight: “I’m 33 and I’ve dated every type of guy there is. I thought I’m doing something totally wrong … why not let people who are experts do this for me, since I’m clearly not good at it.”

http://nypost.com/2016/07/25/meet-the-brave-souls-of-married-at-first-sight-season-4/

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 💐MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT S4 Premiere 7/26/16 Tues.

Thanks for the heads up, @newziesuzie!

Honored Contributor

I had deleted my Season Pass shortly into the previous season because I just couldn't watch those people anymore.

But, when I heard about this new season starting, I decided to record these two initial episodes to see how it goes.

According to the synopsis for the first bit, 'Matchmaking Special', Dr Schwartz is joined by two NEW 'relationship experts'.  Let's see how that goes.  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

I want to watch this show, but Sonia is already getting on my nerves by ending every sentence as if it is a question.  Inflection!

Honored Contributor

Well, if two of the experts from the other seasons are gone, maybe I'll give it a try.  I wonder how Dr. Pepper Schwartz made the cut.  Thanks for the heads-up, @newziesuzie.

Honored Contributor

Re: 💐MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT S4 Premiere 7/26/16*SPOILERS POSSIBLE*

I happened to be flipping around last night and realized this started. I saw the first part but taped the second part.

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, @newziesuzie!

Youre welcome @Wsmom!

😊

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I had deleted my Season Pass shortly into the previous season because I just couldn't watch those people anymore.

But, when I heard about this new season starting, I decided to record these two initial episodes to see how it goes.

According to the synopsis for the first bit, 'Matchmaking Special', Dr Schwartz is joined by two NEW 'relationship experts'.  Let's see how that goes.  Smiley Wink

I know @chickenbutt. Some of their choices 

of people have been odd imho. Maybe with the 

new experts it will be better.

😊

Respected Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

I want to watch this show, but Sonia is already getting on my nerves by ending every sentence as if it is a question.  Inflection!

Lol! I didn't even notice that @luv-the-Q!

I know what you mean though sometimes a

way a person talks can be like fingernails on 

a blackboard!

😱😉😊

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Well, if two of the experts from the other seasons are gone, maybe I'll give it a try.  I wonder how Dr. Pepper Schwartz made the cut.  Thanks for the heads-up, @newziesuzie.

Youre welcome @tansy!

Maybe the other experts didn't want to

return after all the bad results lol.

😊