Super Contributor

MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT, SEASON 2

It started this week, they usually repeat the show during the week. I saw the first show (it's 2 hours long). I won't give anything away, but looking forward to it, really enjoyed season 1!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT, SEASON 2

autumn.... I saw it also.... I saw the first season.... I am watching this one.... what an interesting social experiment.... I think the first bride is a bit like Jamie.... only time will tell...

Honored Contributor

Looking forward to it! I didn't know it started already, though. Will have to check the Tivo. It's going to be hard to top S01. Those were some memorable characters.

BTW, Jamie and Doug's re-wedding is next week, I believe on MAFS-The First Year. I have a feeling that is the last episode for that one. Smiley Sad I'll miss seeing these kids.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that it will be hard to top last season. I think they will try to re-create a Jamie/Doug situation because they were so popular.

chickenbutt, if you want to keep up with them, Jamie and Doug both have twitter accounts. You don't have to follow them or belong to twitter...if you want to pop in to see how life is for them, this is her twitter https://twitter.com/jamienotis

Valued Contributor

Yes, we're watching. Love this show and hope they continue with it. I sense what all of you have said about recreating the Doug/Jamie thing.

She couldn't even look at him, but it sounds like he's liking what he sees.

I'm interested to see how the guy who is the nurse's parents react, and whether or not they actually attend. I think it's interesting that he's been paired with the girl, I think her name is Davina whose parents haven't supported her either.

Looking forward to next week to see the actual ceremonies.

Super Contributor

I haven't watched the First Year shows, I tried watching one and thought it was dull. It's nice to know that Jamie and Doug are having another wedding!

Respected Contributor

I'm watching it and enjoyed the first season. I'm happy to see that Jamie & Doug are still together, they seem like they're going to make it. Jason & Cortney, I don't know. They're awful young to have done this.

For this season, Ryan R & Jaclyn are going to be like Jamie & Doug where she doesn't have an initial physical attraction to him. Davina is like Cortney where the parents are not supportive. Ryan D.'s voice reminds me of Jason's (Cortney's husband) so much!

By the way, I had to look up their names, I really don't know who's who yet, especially with two Ryans!

I read an article with early predictions:

Best match: Ryan R & Jaclyn, based on their similar backgrounds. She's very family oriented and when she finds out he's helping raise his niece, that will win her over.

Longest Odds: Sean & Davina. May have emotional baggage due to childhood bullying. Plus their parents are not supportive.

Wildcards: Ryan D & Jessica. Nothing in particular, maybe because we didn't see much of their personalities in the first episode.

We'll see. I never thought Doug & Jamie would last!

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

I enjoyed the show last year and will watch this year. I was so glad I had it recorded so I could fast forward the experts saying over and over and over how stressful it was on them because you never know what will happen..blah, blah, blah. I mean this is a volunteer thing and the participates know it could turn out badly. I was so glad to get to the actual part where they met each other and the experts now need to shut up a little.

Honored Contributor

Last night I watched the one hour pre-episode, where they showed a LOT of the applicants. The main thing I took from that was that I was glad they didn't pick that bald guy or the photographer guy with the stupid haircut. Both were so skeevy!

Then I watched the two-hour episode. Wondering how the Jaclyn thing will go. I really liked Jessica and Davina. Glad Jessica got another chance. I like the guy she got paired up with and I also liked the other good looking one. The guy with the teeth - he seems so sweet once you get past his looks so I hope Jaclyn does.

Sometimes the drama they try to drum up gets tedious for me. Glad I can FF through some things like that and the things they show time and time again. I'm still in, though! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I wonder what the show pays for for these couples. On last years show Jason and Courtney seem to spend a lot with little coming in. She lost her job and never seemed to get another one and yet they could go off to Vegas etc. I would think living in NY would be quite expensive. I know it is none of my business but I know finances can really hurt a marriage. Jamie and Doug seem to be able to spend like crazy. Maybe the new wedding and ring etc. are paid for by advertisers since it will be aired.