Respected Contributor

On TCM - Saturday looks like its Marlon Brando day - all the biggies on all day.

Right now its 'Morituri" and followed by Mutiny on the Bounty, Streetcar Named Desire, On the Waterfront, The Wild One, and Guys and Dolls.

Guess I'll have my fill of Brando today!!! 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Super Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

On TCM - Saturday looks like its Marlon Brando day - all the biggies on all day.

Right now its 'Morituri" and followed by Mutiny on the Bounty, Streetcar Named Desire, On the Waterfront, The Wild One, and Guys and Dolls.

Guess I'll have my fill of Brando today!!! 

Fingers crossed The Godfather is on the list. My favorite.

Honored Contributor

Brando has always been on the top of my list of the greats in acting.  I first saw him in the Wild One and then in On the Waterfront, he was excellent in both, especially Waterfront.  I even enjoyed his musical role in Guys and Dolls even if it wasn't one of his best roles!  Brando had a superb acting career and to this day remains one of the best and a definite legend of the movie world.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Brando has always been on the top of my list of the greats in acting.  I first saw him in the Wild One and then in On the Waterfront, he was excellent in both, especially Waterfront.  I even enjoyed his musical role in Guys and Dolls even if it wasn't one of his best roles!  Brando had a superb acting career and to this day remains one of the best and a definite legend of the movie world.

I had to keep looking-I thought I wrote this!!! I was exactly the same. First saw The Wild One, then On the Waterfront and even loved Guys and Dolls!!! Now there were some I would rather forget (he probably would have, too) but my faves will always be my faves.

'Your eyes, are the eyes, of a woman in love!!!' What's not to love?

Respected Contributor

A young Brando - simply stunning, the face of an angel - gorgeous.

My favorite....so beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Did you all know Peter Falk turned down the role of the 'Godfather'.

I didn't think Brando was all that good in that role.

Didn't like the voice he was too subdued in his actions, also.

Al Pacino shined.

Honored Contributor

I'm definitely watching Guys and Dolls.  I love Brando in that - at his very hunkiest - and I love all the music numbers.  Just the title (esp. "dolls") means it is sooooo dated but IMO it's still fun and --- really great music.  I absolutely love the whole rolling-the-dice scene in the Luck Be a Lady number.

So, does Lindey's sell more cheesecake or strudel?  LOL Smiley Happy  Have fun watching the film - I will be.

Respected Contributor

Yes Brando was a hunk ... I have on Street Car right now ....he had

a beautiful face ....

Honored Contributor

S T E L L A !!!

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

S T E L L A !!!

Does anyone do dysfunction better than Tennessee Williams ???