Honored Contributor

Re: MARK HARMON DEPARTS NCIS

Never got into NCIS until Ziva showed up and got out of it when she left.

Watched here and there but Ziva brought something new and different and we became weekly fans of the show.

Once she left, we didn't feel the newbies held up as well.

We did see the storyline when she returned briefly.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry to see him leave too but I get it. He probably doesn't want as heavy a schedule as it must be to do that show on a weekly basis.

I'm glad they did it so well. 

Honored Contributor

That show was an early favorite of mine.  I watched faithfully until Tony/Mike Weatherly left.  Then I watched on & off for another season, but only out of habit, not interest.  I thought the show's new characters weren't written well, and the chemistry [of the actors] was forced.     

I finally stopped watching about 5 seasons ago, and never really thought about the show again.    

Honored Contributor

Is NCIS LA still airing?   

I've recorded the Hawaii show, but haven't watched it yet.  Anyone have an opinion to share on Hawaii?  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 

NCIS:  LA...first show of the season was this past Sunday.

Hawai'i...I'm trying to like it, but my jury is still out.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Seems they handled it well. My understanding is some cast members had issues with him, but my take is he's a serious and hard working actor.

Respected Contributor

I will dearly miss Mark Harmon.  I have watched the show from the beginning no matter who is on.  I really didn't like Tony so was glad when he left.  He was too stuck on himself.  I loved Ziva and was heartbroken when she left.  Really, no matter who, it's one of my favorite shows.  And I adore this new Casey.  She's just enough, not over the top.

Just wondering if anyone remembers that Mark Harmon's sister was married to Ricky Nelson.  Because she was an addict Mark was given custody of his children when Ricky died.  I was totally in love with Ricky Nelson. 

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle 

I have been meaning to ask this question ........  was Pam Dawber ever on NCIS?

Honored Contributor

Well, if that's so, I can't imagine the show lasting without him!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I'll miss his character. I've been watching forever but it does seem he's getting a bit old to physically be an agent. I watched him as Ted Bundy and it took forever to like him again after that; now he's very likeable to me. I still don't understand why they put Pam Dauber in last season, she's not a very capable actress in my opinion.