Honored Contributor

MARK HARMON DEPARTS NCIS

[ Edited ]

People Magazine ....

They are reporting ......  Mark Harmon departs NCIS, but he'll always be part of the show.  

Mark Harmon Departs NCIS After 18 Seasons: He's 'Always Going to Be a Part of the Show' (msn.com)

Honored Contributor

Re: MARK HARMON DEPARTS NCIS

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs is giving up his badge.

Monty Brinton/CBS via Getty Images

Frequent Contributor

This makes me so sad.  He is the star of the show.  He will be greatly missed.  I wonder what happened to his dog.

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.”
Honored Contributor

I didn't see the episode, but it sounds like a cop out.  Maybe he'll be back occasionally, maybe not.  Big tease.  Big deal.  I hate those kind of things.

I always envisioned a glorious end to Gibbs, complete with a funeral featuring all the old cast members (those still with us, that is).  

Oh well.  There are always all the reruns.

Frequent Contributor

Man Sad

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.”
Honored Contributor

@Ohio St8 I seem to recall the episode with the little boy and his mom who lived across the street. I think Gibbs gave the boy the dog as the boy had fallen in love with the dog. Who wouldn't? !

Honored Contributor

I've never watched that show.  I do know that Mark Harmon's acting skillz were on point in the movie "The Deliberate Stranger."  He played Ted Bundy.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Have to admit I've never watched this series.  I always remember Harmon as Maddie Hayes (Cybill Shepherd)'s boyfriend in Moonlighting.  Good looking guy!!!

Respected Contributor

I doubt that NCIS will continue after this season.  I've watched since the beginning and it really lost its heart after Tony left.  And then when Abby left, she took another part of the heart of the show.  I like the new crime lab person, but she isn't Abby.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli I have to say I got real tired of Abby's "schtick" years ago and was glad she left. I like Kasie. She's a completely different type and doesn't do that "little girl" thing with Gibbs.

I think it's a given that this is the last season. It's been a good run. I hope to see more of Ducky before the season ends.