Respected Contributor

Re: MARIA BARTIROMO SHAKING IT UP RIGHT NOW ON FOX BUSINESS CHANNEL

@Oznell Maria is one of the most secure, confident, honest broadcasters across the board over anyone else.  She does her homework and is adaptable to any situation  i watch her every day on Fox Business News and also on Sunday's Futures. She is such a woman to be proud of and to emulate--a hero to any woman or man for that matter. 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   i missed the show this a.m. -  but watch it regularly.  Maria is no-nonsense professionally, always courteous, super-well-prepared and smart.   i like her style in that respect - and also how she dresses!  she is her own woman and dresses a la Maria, not a crowd-follower.

Respected Contributor

I know she is not on CNBC, she used to be for years and years.  That is actually where she got her start on the New York Stock Exchange floor.

I was simply referring to CNBC having folks who are the best known in the financial journalism business too, and nobody describes how they dress and their haircuts. 

@Oznell wrote:

Agreed, @Bhvbum, her professionalism and discerning business acumen make her stand out.  I also like that sort of down-to-earth, direct quality she has.  Unlike some others in the news field, she doesn't come across as being full of herself-- she's 'all business' about business, ha.

As far as her personal style, I often notice that about people on air, (she's on the Fox Business Channel, by the way, not CNBC), or anywhere.  It's a fun spectator sport.  Maria Bartiromo stands out in that regard too.  She's not cookie- cutter.  I always get a sense of her individuality in the way she dresses and presents herself.    

Honored Contributor

I haven't been watching the broadcasters you reference, @Bhvbum, but no doubt there are style watchers who have noted and perhaps even commented on them, if they appreciate their style.   To me, it doesn't take away from someone's substance and work, to be aware of their sense of style.

Another broadcaster, with whose career accomplishments I was pretty familiar, also had a personal style worth noting.  The late Peter Jennings of ABC News, had exceptional taste, and favored superb, often British tailoring... 

Honored Contributor

Not familiar with folks working at CNBC, all I know is that Maria is a class act. She always looks perfect and is extremely knowledgeable, a joy to watch.

Respected Contributor

Marie was on CNBC for 20+ years.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I used to see her there quite regularly.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

Did she used to be on CNBC?   I remember watching her somewhere but stopped following her when she went to FOX Business Channel.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, but she first worked years ago at CNN, then at CNBC, before landing at the Fox Business Channel.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Yeah, but she first worked years ago at CNN, then at CNBC, before landing at the Fox Business Channel.

@Oznell  just to add to your comments:
i believe they called her the "Money Honey" at CNBC  - hmmmm. 
when she moved to FoxBusiness, she moved up from the floor of the NYSE and got her own show 5 days a week and a weekly round up show at the end of the week as well as a program i rarely miss "Sunday Futures" on Sunday a.m.  FoxBusiness has many WSJ contributors as well. while it started small, Fox Business pretty much dominates now with Bartiromo, Cavuto, Varney, Liz Klaman, WSJ, Charles Payne.  quite a career move for MB.