Honored Contributor

MANNIX "DEATH RUN" MIKE CONNORS MADLYN RHUE WEDNESDAY 10:00 P.M. EASTERN FETV

I love it when Mannix goes all "casjh" with an open shirt and scarf, and that tumbling forelock, ha.

495906.jpg

10:00 p.m. Eastern, FETV--  Mannix "Death Run"  Mike Connors, Gail Fisher, Madlyn Rhue, Fred Beir, Jon Milford, Beverlee McKinsey, Eduard Franz, Art Metrano, Hal K. Dawson, Lou Peralta

This is for anyone who, tiring of regular TV fare, might want to try getting "into"  fast-paced detective show "Mannnix", now that it's in prime time on FETV (channel 323 on my DirecTv system).

This episode is a fun departure for the show.  It ranges from the tony part of L.A. where Mannix has his office, all the way to a scenic Callifornia mountain community outside of the city.  In town, Mannix has a chance run-in with a former service buddy, who's now a forest ranger running into mysteriously troubling events in his community.  He entreats Mannix to come and investigate, and returns home himself.

What makes this interesting for me, is that, for once, Joe Mannix is utterly out of his element.  He's in uncertain territory, not knowing who is truly friend or foe.  (Mike Connors is so skillful in negotiating this uncomfortable territory.)  As in film noir, there are twists and turns, and the 'hunter' suddenly becomes the hunted.

Also enjoy the character players of the era, like Eduard Franz as a chess-playing, once-urban doctor who has sought refuge in the wilderness.

x1080.jpg 

Also the beautiful Madlyn Rhue,

495904.jpg

and Beverlee McKinsey,

412621.jpg

as two sides of the same coin, so to speak.

An interesting, change of pace episode tonight that keeps you guessing.