Honored Contributor

When I gave an alert to a couple of outstanding Mannix shows a few weeks ago, I meant to remember to do a reminder when MeTV cranked up the whole series again.  Well they have started up Season One, but that was a few days ago!

Still, if you want to catch this beginning season (unfortunately, indispensable assistant "Peggy" doesn't come in till Season 2),  you've only missed the first two or three episodes.

Catch or record weekdays 2:00 a.m. Eastern, MeTV.

Honored Contributor

Just an FYI, Gail Fisher, aka Peggy,  had a brother who lived here in Baltimore area, he owned a liquor store in my neighborhood at the time she was very popular. 

Esteemed Contributor

Set my recording!  Love this show. Thanks @Oznell  your the best! ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

my Armenian nana never missed a show.....while reminding us over and over during the show that he was Armenian.....nice memory......

Honored Contributor

And Mike Connors was the same, @nana59 ,  wasn't he, so proud of his Armenian heritage!   He made the writers work it into the show--  remember when he goes back to visit his father at the vineyard-- and I love when he occasionally speaks Armenian or repeats some of the old proverbs....

Honored Contributor

I had friends years ago that had a vacation home on Lake Arrowhead in California.  He had the huge house next door.  

Honored Contributor

Wow, they must have been thrilled to be neighbors with Mike Connors, @DiAnne -- all that, and beautiful Lake Arrowhead!

Respected Contributor

I've been recording & watching & I'd forgotten how much Mannix always seems to be smoking a cigarette!   The 60's were sure a different time!  He seems to get bopped over the head & knocked out by the bad guys in every episode, too.  If this were real life, he'd have concussions & CTE, like the football players get from repeated brain trauma.

Honored Contributor

So true, @aubnwa01 -- when we first got the full set of Mannix DVDs, I too was struck by how much in each episode of the first season, you see Mannix smoking.

Then, as the series goes on, all of a sudden, they don't have him with a cigarette at all!  It must have finally sunk in that he shouldn't be smoking-- thankfully.

I read that he, I think dislocated or otherwise injured, his shoulder in one of those early stunts.  It might be the one in the opening credits where he leaps, rolls, and draws on a bad guy.  That was one physically punishing series for Mike Connors!

Glad you are recording.  It's fun to get impressions from other viewers-- do please comment further if anything else strikes you about this terrific show.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   I guess I never saw the 1st season of Mannix, because I thought Gail Fisher was in the cast for the whole run of the series.  A lot of the plots, dialog & situations of this 1st season are rather silly & I didn't remember the show that way, so I must've only watched the later seasons. 

I was in 12th grade during the 1967-1968 time frame & don't recall watching much TV, I was more into listening to music.