Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

These so called "professionals" are not matchmakers, but counselors.  I would love to see what criteria they use to match couples.  Just because someone is "spiritual or religious", strong in faith doesn't mean they will be compatible.  There are a lot of faiths and I wouldn't be happy being matched to someone who doesn't have the same belief as I do.  The same goes for political affiliation.  That would be a constant bone of contention to me.  I wonder if they ask the prospective couples if they like or want pets. Are thWould they be willing to spend a lot of money to safe a pet.  Are they cat or dog people......it does make a difference.  Also, if they want children.  These would be the type of things that people learn about each other through dating........not on the wedding night.

@tends2dogs  So true. I don't know if the contestants just don't mention all of their requirements/deal breakers or if the "experts" figure that they can just deal with it. I realize that we don't see the entire interview process where they're asking what they're looking for but if you're allergic to certain pets, you don't want to be with a smoker, etc. that should be made very clear. Those should all be part of their deal breakers, not stupid stuff like "I don't want a picky eater who doesn't like tomatoes". Really? That's your biggest concern?

Trusted Contributor

Remember that they are NOT matching people, they are casting a show. Of course, no one will want to be with Elizabeth. A terrible match, but good for drama. They may try to pick some who may end up together, but the point is to cast a show for ratings.

They just need to not get too crazy since I think that many people will not watch after last season's Kate and Luke pairing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Remember that they are NOT matching people, they are casting a show. Of course, no one will want to be with Elizabeth. A terrible match, but good for drama. They may try to pick some who may end up together, but the point is to cast a show for ratings.

They just need to not get too crazy since I think that many people will not watch after last season's Kate and Luke pairing. 

I suppose that is true, but that is a bit sad to think that they have sunk so low as to worry about television ratings $$ instead of creating a good marriage union match.

I wouldn't want that kind of responsibility for anyone.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!