Respected Contributor

It looks like the tall/short couple have a great chance of making a lasting marriage.  They have mutual attraction and aren't there to play out emotional games.  He apparently has a family or origin that is complicated but that has nothing to do with his coming into the marriage with an open heart. Unless there is something serious going on under the surface, it looks positive for the two of them.

Elizabeth, the redhead bride, will get on her groom's nerves beyond what he can tolerate.  In a teaser, he's accusing her of lying to him.  That should happen in a private convo. which indicates they don't respect one another.

Respected Contributor

@apl_pi14 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

I find it hard to believe that they could not find a taller girl for the tall guy or a shorter guy for her.   He looked like he was walking with a little girl.  I know that should not be important but when he talked about being intimate I cringed.  

And then on top of it, his family doesn't even know he got married---something fishy about that!

I loved all the families and how they supported the couples' decision to marry a stranger.

@apl_pi14  He did explain that his parents had recently divorced and things weren't great with his family so he didn't invite them. I don't see how there's anything fishy about that. If he wants to work things out with them I'm sure he'll introduce his wife at that point.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

I find it hard to believe that they could not find a taller girl for the tall guy or a shorter guy for her.   He looked like he was walking with a little girl.  I know that should not be important but when he talked about being intimate I cringed.  

@chiclet, I thought the same thing, though she sure seemed very interested in kissing him.  And with her love of basketball, things might work out for them.

I really like the couple Deonna and Greg; they are just so cute together and I really hope things work out for them.

As for the redhead girl (I think her name is Elizabeth), and Jamie, I think there could be some problems.  I recall her dad who she is close to mentioning something like "I wish him luck" when they were talking about her being on time.  Jamie's list of wants is a very long one.

I also think Iris (think that's her name) is a beautiful woman.  I forget the groom's name and look forward to seeing them do well. 

I hope this season is better than the last.  I also wonder what happened to Dr. Jessica, the blond.  I saw somewhere that she and John (and Molly) had gotten together.  I was not a fan of her.  The only one that has stayed with the show since its inception is Dr. Pepper.

I agree that Elizabeth and Jamie aren't a good match. Considering how many people signed up surely they could have found two people that would be a better match. Elizabeth is way too much. I don't think I could handle even five minutes with her.

Esteemed Contributor

Did you hear when the redhead (can't remember her name) and her dad were getting ready to go out to the wedding, one of them said "I hope he doesn't have a small pe.......  It seems like her relationship with her dad is a "little" weird...

I think the tall/short couple are adorable.  There was an instant attraction and they have basketball in common for starters.  He said he hoped she has a loving family and it seems as if she does.

I thought the whole bachelor/bachelorette parties were so crude and so unnecessary.  Do they do that for ratings?  I just fast forwarded through that part LOL.

I am glad that Dr. Jessica is out.  I think they could do better than Pastor Cal, too.  Let's hope they did better at matching this time.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Seems like at the end of the show they kind of implied that maybe the redhead might know the guy she was matched with?   I guess we’ll see next week when they actually get married. 

Valued Contributor

The matchmakers - Pepper, Pastor Cal, etc. don't have common sense.  To date, this show has made many blunders to include: 

First Season - matching a nurse in NJ with someone in NY.  The nurse never spent one night in NY and his history included a recent miscarriage of a child with a girlfriend - if he isn't going to marry the mother of his child then why would you expect him to commit to a stranger?

Matching Jacquelyn and Ryan - Ryan was younger and lived in his mother's basement.  Now, I would counsel my daughter to NOT marry someone who showed signs of being a mama's boy - not our matchmakers!  It ultimately did not work out and he returned to his mother's basement where she continues to take care of him.

Last season Kate and Luke - well, he appeared to have some issues regarding his sexuality - our matchmakers are professionals and they could not spot this.  Also, Luke runs a dating service - he is exposed to hundreds of single women looking for a mate - why does he need to go on MAFS? 

The matchmakers just do not have common sense or they make poor choices for ratings.  This season they continue with their nonsense:

Greg & Deonna - she hasn't been in a relationship for ten years - I would want to know why not as it sounds like she  is too picky to ever be pleased.  Surely over the course of a decade, she could have found someone.  I would give this a 50/50

Keith & Iris - they are both beautiful.  I would be concerned about her lack of sexual experience  I hope it goes well.

Matt & Amber - I would rate this relationship as guarded - He has no place to live and apparently no job?  He was a professional basketball player.  I don't know there are just too many questions and he doesn't want his parents to know he is getting married.  I'm getting an unstable vibe.

Elizabeth & Jamie - the matchmakers note that they feel he might be too picky, but that doesn't stop them from matching him with Elizabeth who candidly has told them that some of her dates find her "annoying".  Humm, I would rate this as no chance.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Did you hear when the redhead (can't remember her name) and her dad were getting ready to go out to the wedding, one of them said "I hope he doesn't have a small pe.......  It seems like her relationship with her dad is a "little" weird...

I think the tall/short couple are adorable.  There was an instant attraction and they have basketball in common for starters.  He said he hoped she has a loving family and it seems as if she does.

I thought the whole bachelor/bachelorette parties were so crude and so unnecessary.  Do they do that for ratings?  I just fast forwarded through that part LOL.

I am glad that Dr. Jessica is out.  I think they could do better than Pastor Cal, too.  Let's hope they did better at matching this time.

@tends2dogs   I was thinking the same thing when her dad said that. Who says something like that to their daughter? Creepy.

Respected Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

The matchmakers - Pepper, Pastor Cal, etc. don't have common sense.  To date, this show has made many blunders to include: 

First Season - matching a nurse in NJ with someone in NY.  The nurse never spent one night in NY and his history included a recent miscarriage of a child with a girlfriend - if he isn't going to marry the mother of his child then why would you expect him to commit to a stranger?

Matching Jacquelyn and Ryan - Ryan was younger and lived in his mother's basement.  Now, I would counsel my daughter to NOT marry someone who showed signs of being a mama's boy - not our matchmakers!  It ultimately did not work out and he returned to his mother's basement where she continues to take care of him.

Last season Kate and Luke - well, he appeared to have some issues regarding his sexuality - our matchmakers are professionals and they could not spot this.  Also, Luke runs a dating service - he is exposed to hundreds of single women looking for a mate - why does he need to go on MAFS? 

The matchmakers just do not have common sense or they make poor choices for ratings.  This season they continue with their nonsense:

Greg & Deonna - she hasn't been in a relationship for ten years - I would want to know why not as it sounds like she  is too picky to ever be pleased.  Surely over the course of a decade, she could have found someone.  I would give this a 50/50

Keith & Iris - they are both beautiful.  I would be concerned about her lack of sexual experience  I hope it goes well.

Matt & Amber - I would rate this relationship as guarded - He has no place to live and apparently no job?  He was a professional basketball player.  I don't know there are just too many questions and he doesn't want his parents to know he is getting married.  I'm getting an unstable vibe.

Elizabeth & Jamie - the matchmakers note that they feel he might be too picky, but that doesn't stop them from matching him with Elizabeth who candidly has told them that some of her dates find her "annoying".  Humm, I would rate this as no chance.

@Houstonoilers   I agree. It seems like the only reason why they matched Greg and Deonna was because of their faith, but we obviously saw how that went when they matched a couple for the same reasons in another season (I can't remember their names). The reasons they're using to match these people are very odd and I think it's more luck than anything that some of the couples actually stay together.

Esteemed Contributor

These so called "professionals" are not matchmakers, but counselors.  I would love to see what criteria they use to match couples.  Just because someone is "spiritual or religious", strong in faith doesn't mean they will be compatible.  There are a lot of faiths and I wouldn't be happy being matched to someone who doesn't have the same belief as I do.  The same goes for political affiliation.  That would be a constant bone of contention to me.  I wonder if they ask the prospective couples if they like or want pets. Or would they be willing to spend a lot of money to save a pet that had a serious illness.  Are they cat or dog people......it does make a difference.  Also, if they want children.  These would be the type of things that people learn about each other through dating........not on the wedding night.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

These so called "professionals" are not matchmakers, but counselors.  I would love to see what criteria they use to match couples.  Just because someone is "spiritual or religious", strong in faith doesn't mean they will be compatible.  There are a lot of faiths and I wouldn't be happy being matched to someone who doesn't have the same belief as I do.  The same goes for political affiliation.  That would be a constant bone of contention to me.  I wonder if they ask the prospective couples if they like or want pets. Are thWould they be willing to spend a lot of money to safe a pet.  Are they cat or dog people......it does make a difference.  Also, if they want children.  These would be the type of things that people learn about each other through dating........not on the wedding night.

@tends2dogs, I 100% completely agree with everything you wrote.  DH and I talk about this as we're watching them decide on who to match.  I remember the couple, Nick and Sonia; she was afraid of dogs and he had some.  What if one person is allergic to one of their spouse's pets?  My DH is allergic to cats and as much as I'd like one, no way would I do that. 

I think you should apply to be one of the "professionals".