Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie 

I thought O was shady from day one.  The attitudes he exhibited toward woman and the roles he felt they should play in marriage, and also the way he felt that K was falling short, very ignorant and hurtful.  I don't believe I would have or could have stayed or put up with.  They do seem from what you see, very happy.  As for Noi and Steve -  something not right.  And I feel it is with Noi.  As for Myrla, don't care for her.  She is full of herself and I think if the story is true about Gil, if she really cared about him, she would have tried to work it out with him and see where it went.  Maybe he overextended himself, to try to impress her or give her what he felt she wanted.  If it could not be resolved, then take other actions.  She was never into him from the start -- at least that's what I saw.  As for Johnny -- a little spoliled boy, trying to act like a big man.  I see nothing attractive to him at all.  He couldn't take the fact that Bao got sick of his garbage and kicked him to the curb.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Those of you that have problems with Myrla might change your mind after seeing this interview, 

♨️Myrla Spills Tea About The Break Up 💍 Married at First Sight - YouTube

partcularly chart around 18:36

Honored Contributor

Re: MAFS new season

[ Edited ]

@Houstonoilers , I saw that video back in January and wow was it an eye opener as to why Myrla did what seemed to be such a quick about face with her relationship with Gil.  Their stories are slightly different but I wish them both well.  And I did like her somewhat better after seeing this video.  Gil was bad with money and it was a huge red flag for her.  She really didn't explain herself well on Reunion  Day.  But the main thing that turned me off on her that day was her juvenile interactions with Johnny while Gil was there.  It seemed like they were twisting the knife into Gil's heart.   But Johnny is a knife twister for anybody that is down I think....Gil, Bao....whoever.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

I guess I need to watch that "predictions show again", I sure didn't notice what everyone on social media is saying about Noi and Steve. Most people think by her body language and expressions (sour face), that they are over with, and since late July, which is just 3+ weeks away, is a year, and the first they can officially announce if they really are divorced, it seems that the signs are out there that they've ended it.

I guess she sat as far away from him on that loveseat as she could during that segment..In the group pic, for the afterparty they placed Johnny between Noi & Steve for the pic.   hmm!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After finishing up the latest episode which was IMO way too long (we watched half last night and the other half today), I'm already thinking none of these couples will make it.

I'll go out on a limb and say what I'm thinking and surely it will show my age.  Spoiler alert:  if you don't want to read, don't scroll down in my post.

When they were showing the "bach "parties, wow, I noticed one of them in particular, namely Alexis almost completely hanging out up top.  Is this the "new" look nowadays?  Her words/cackle/actions remind of of Hurricane K aka Michaela from 2 seasons ago I think.  They showed her saying something negative about Lindy (is this going to be this year's Jasmeana?).  That's right, Lindy rhymes with Lindsey.  (sarcasm inserted).    The rest of them came across as party girls IMO. The way she acted with her friends and particularly her mother was ridiculous.  I felt as if she was auditioning to have a part in some sort of drama show; IMO, it was unbearable to watch for me.  She really must be a drama queen.

The girl paried with the Aisian guy (Binh?) comes across as another Virginia aka party girl with Eric.  Binh seems to be very frugal; just don't see this working out.

Krystin paried with the 41 year old guy into conversation.  She mentioned something about being paired with someone in their 40's and that's a sign.  I think she's 32 and also the one who decided NOT to tell her father until 2 hours before her wedding.  OMG - what is she thinking!  

Nate/Stacia - IMO, both of them are in love with themselves.

Anyone else's thoughts/opinions?

Super Contributor

@HisElk1 YOU WROTE:Krystin paried with the 41 year old guy into conversation.  She mentioned something about being paired with someone in their 40's and that's a sign.  I think she's 32 and also the one who decided NOT to tell her father until 2 hours before her wedding. /unquote

I finally watched the Aferparty just now so it's just fresh in my brain & @HisElk1 your comment was what struck me first..Krystin choosing to not tell her Dad until the wee hours & yet saying at the AP that his decision to walk her down the aisle is almost like a "make or break" moment. huh? In the previews we see her Dad all red and flushed in the face saying "I think you're insane". Oh my..

I also do not understand Dr. Pepper saying Krysten prefers an older man, after Pastor Cal said.."There's 9 years difference in age between them"..Krysten also had that litany that you were alluding to @HisElk1 about "one red flag to her, would be a guy that's older and has not had a steady dating pattern". Oh this just begs the question what were the experts thinking? Krysten has already endured an awful breakup & finding out from the mistress that she was a part of her fiance's life for the last six months. 

Binh wants to save the first dime he ever made and Morgan wants to go to Japan and experience her maternal heritage. Oh boy! He is a mixed bag tho, as he did volunteer work in another Country (sorry can't remember where) and he had to spend his own money to do that. Morgan is a livewire and strikes me as someone that will not sit around and wait for him to scrape together a couple pennies, she's going to live her life, with or without him. He just seems so much younger than her, when I watched this segment last night, even tho, he's 2 years older..and who tells their best friend and next their Mommy if they consummated the marriage on the first night? Mama's boy!!

Alexis  strikes me as someone we are going to find out some surprises about. I'm not saying this in a bad way, but she already said that Justin is not her usual type. I'm hoping the one at the bachelor party patting her on the behind was not more her type?  okay..the way she told Justin to quit "high fiving" her, wow, she knows how to shut down things fast. She comes across all rough and tough, and her closest circle of friends is all guys, but she whines and cries like a little girl in her Mommy's arms. I wanted to like her, I really did, but I don't so far, Time will tell. 

Lindy has to overcome the 7th Day Adventist upbringing, which it sounds like she has decided to no longer abide by. Until I see her wedding, and her relationship with her family, which seems a little strained, and distant at this point, I don't know what the heck to think. Miguel left his family back in Puerto Rico, so don't know what to think about his family ties. He was pretty tame at the bachelor party compared to a few others.

Next we have Nate the "party animal". He likes himself a lot, and so does Stacia , that is, likes herself a lot. She's giving a big tirade about what "red flags'' would be a no go for her and we get a split screen of her mate-to-be ordering the playmate to get down on her knees. Nothing to see here folks. 

I'm beginning to think it helps to just listen to the conversations first  among their closest friends , before any matching  ever gets done, for instance supposedly (according to BFF's, Lindy is one that goes from 0 to 100, something about "overthinking" and getting "hungry" or was it  " h- angry", whatever that means..

Respected Contributor

@GypsyVanner , again, I agree with all you posted.  I know this could never happen, but wouldn't it be fun if all of us that watch this show could watch it together?  

I think it would be a lot of fun.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

@GypsyVanner , again, I agree with all you posted.  I know this could never happen, but wouldn't it be fun if all of us that watch this show could watch it together?  

@HisElk1 Oh I would love that! I was going to say after I reread what you wrote earlier I think I basically repeated what you said, but I got a little "windier" and yours was a nice condensed version..Did not mean to rip off your thought processes..I think we just think alike, or happen to notice the same darn miniscule details. 

I'm wanting to watch this season 15 with an open mind, but I'm not invested in any one couple yet, and I think there are some obvious mismatches. 

After I watched Krysten last night, I liked her more than I previously did from the clips they showed, almost demonizing her, and having her keep repeating "I will ask for a divorce." 

They keep mentioning this new guy named Devon ? that is a part of the Dr. Cal & Pepper team. After they hired him (or maybe it was already in the works), he underwent a divorce. Supposedly one of these couples gets off to a rocky start and Devon saves them and turns them around. I'm going to guess it's Mitch and Krysten, I've got a 1 in 5 chance of getting that right..probably wrong..What do the rest of you think? Now that I think about it, it probably Isn't K & M, because the producers are making it look like it's them...too obvious..

Edited to add one big goof up during the AfterParty..WHY did they show Krysten and Stacia a clip of the two guys, namely Mitch and Nate that are their future husbands? Maybe they didn't name them but they sure showed their faces..

Respected Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@HisElk1 Oh I would love that! I was going to say after I reread what you wrote earlier I think I basically repeated what you said, but I got a little "windier" and yours was a nice condensed version..Did not mean to rip off your thought processes..I think we just think alike, or happen to notice the same darn miniscule details. 

I'm wanting to watch this season 15 with an open mind, but I'm not invested in any one couple yet, and I think there are some obvious mismatches. 

After I watched Krysten last night, I liked her more than I previously did from the clips they showed, almost demonizing her, and having her keep repeating "I will ask for a divorce." 

They keep mentioning this new guy named Devon ? that is a part of the Dr. Cal & Pepper team. After they hired him (or maybe it was already in the works), he underwent a divorce. Supposedly one of these couples gets off to a rocky start and Devon saves them and turns them around. I'm going to guess it's Mitch and Krysten, I've got a 1 in 5 chance of getting that right..probably wrong..What do the rest of you think? Now that I think about it, it probably Isn't K & M, because the producers are making it look like it's them...too obvious..

Oh my gosh @GypsyVanner , you did NOT "rip off my thought processes".  I never got that from your post.

I guess we'll be meeting this new guy "Devon" in the near future.  As for any of the 5 couples, I am not invested in any of them either.  I do hope @beach-mom joins the conversation as I enjoy reading her posts.

Super Contributor

@HisElk1 @Mmsfoxxie@beach-mom @Houstonoilers @AngelPuppy1 @Zernia Rose @ciao_bella @colliegirls @tends2dogs,@Wsmom @chickenbutt @maf5357   & anyone else I did not mention,,come one..come all!!! Maybe not too exciting yet tho.:-(

yes come join in !!                                                                                                         @HisElk1   wrote:I guess we'll be meeting this new guy "Devon" in the near future.  As for any of the 5 couples, I am not invested in any of them either.  I do hope @beach-mom joins the conversation as I enjoy reading her posts. /unquote

That AfterParty format still baffles me. I was almost surprised it was on so soon! There's a good chance they have already met up with their spouses, weddings are probably over, in the timeline of things ..i get that part..but they try so hard to convince us ignorant viewers otherwise, and they step in it, by showing both Mitch and Nate to Krysten and Stacia last night.???

Also>> What was that tirade that Justin was babbling about when he explained his intro. of Stacia's (supposedly yet to meet up), new spouse (Nate) to her?

If he was referencing the bachelor party & saying to take a step back & cut him some slack, not sure Stacia is capable of that, nor should she have to be..Not sure she knew what to think..