Regular Contributor

I watched, but it is too early for me to comment on any of the couples. 

I found it interesting that there will be "guest" relationship experts this season.  Not sure how that is going to play out.  Also, Dr Pepper and Pastor Cal certainly made a point about making sure people matched both like dogs, or not matching the one girl because she didn't like bald.  Seems like they took that criticism to heart and did a better job this time.

We shall see.

Super Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

I did watch the interviews and selection process for MAFS-SD last night. I still don't know names, but am sure this season has some mismatches already. I'M BACK, with names to add to faces, and edit this.

Mitch, the older (not old but of this group he's the 40ish year old, like Steve-Boston), the guy with the bald head that wants to "save the planet", the surfer-dude environmental guy that's matched with Kristyn with a "Y" not an "I' Or "E" (correct me if I'm wrong), but the other Kristin , the vibrant high school math teacher, seemed more interesting, Dr.P did say tho, that she doesn't like bald men..Don't want to do a MyrlaGil thing again,okay. I don't think that she will be attracted to him tho.  The previews suggest she's not happy with her match up.                                  

Miguel seems like he has good intentions. His comic book, Dungeons & Dragons thing seems a little intense, but to each their own. Lindy is his match I think, she seems okay. I like her comment "Oh no , I forgot to buy new underwear". I think Morgan and Miguel seemed like a more obvious match..might be wrong tho.

The two tall one's Alexis?  and the really thin almost 7 ft. guy . Justin? I'm not real familiar with yet. They strike me as both being outgoing personalities who really want this to work. She seems a little more "out there" than he does, will see.

Morgan the boxer lady and also an RN, and the frugal guy Binh (?) seem like a quirky couple. He is a minimalist, and a Mama's boy,  has Vietnamese heritage, which could prove interesting. She looked to be having a really good time at their bachelorette party, a wild child!

The lady accountant ..weird all I can remember is her name ends in  IA.. ahh it's Stacia & Nate. I know he was in the Day Trader business, & into physical fitness and sports. They are an attractive couple but I don't see them in it for the long haul..She strikes me as a real serious type and not a lot of personality..It's too early to tell tho.

Super Contributor

@bayflwc wrote:

I watched, but it is too early for me to comment on any of the couples. 

I found it interesting that there will be "guest" relationship experts this season.  Not sure how that is going to play out.  Also, Dr Pepper and Pastor Cal certainly made a point about making sure people matched both like dogs, or not matching the one girl because she didn't like bald.  Seems like they took that criticism to heart and did a better job this time.

We shall see.

Yes and they also asked if people cooked? It seemed a little sexist to me only asking the women if they could cook,, as guys need to step it up and contribute too I think..esp. when kids come along..it seems a lot of these late 30ish aged and early 40's aged singles, should know their way around a kitchen by now..Maybe they know more about "calling out" than they do about cooking or grilling..price of groceries I want my kids and grandkids to learn to cook and bake..call me old-fashioned, that's okay:-) 

Esteemed Contributor

I have just started watching but before I forget, what is Dr. Pepper's obsessioin with women's underwear.  I mean really, I have to believe I would be woman, get out of my underwear drawer.  That tells you nothing about me.  And if that is how they are pairing people that may be part of the  reason for the horrible pairings.  I mean is there a question asking what kind of underwear do you want your woman to wear?  Maybe she has explained why that matters and I didn't see that show.

Esteemed Contributor

I finished watching.  Hopefully we are off to a good season and there are likeable people we can root for.  I need to watch the beginning again when they were going over their wants but it seems yet again they purposely gave them different from what they stated they want.

Honored Contributor

Where is Dr. Viviana?  I liked her.  Well, I did watch the match-up show.  I have to be a bit judgmental here and of course not being privy to all the information that Pastor Cal and Dr. Pepper were, most of the matches I just didn't see.  As they were matching them up I was thinking --- What?  Huh -- oh, no.  I see red flags.  I kept going --- no-no, don't match him with her, etc.!!!  I guess time will tell.  While I think it's good that a person is successful and of course, each person's definition of success is different, and I think it is definitely important to be gainfully employed, to me it seemed like a lot of emphasis was put on what a great job each pick had and how much money each of the picks had.  I guess if they picked people who just have every day jobs -- i.e., working in a food store, doing cleaning services, etc. -- they didn't feel this would make for good t.v.???  I mean, let's face it, there are people looking for love, looking for a lasting relationship and/or marriage, no matter what their situation in life is.  Whether you are running your own company, or cleaning houses, it's all the same, right?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  - Dr Vivianna is no more.  They are going to have "guest" relationship experts.  Who knows whether it was her choice to leave.

I think they made a point of addressing all the things that people complained about - like people with dogs being matched with people who don't like dogs, bald men with people who don't like bald men (Myrla and I forget his name), unemployed people with someone who expects someone with a job (a'la Noi and Steve), short people with someone who wants a tall person,  party girls with home-bodies, etc..

It's like they took every criticism on the matches from the last few seasons and made sure they didn't do it again.

But that's ok.  I'm sure we will find something else to criticize and complain about.

Super Contributor

Re: MAFS new season

[ Edited ]

So far if I had to pick two of my favorite(s) and prospects I'm hoping for ..this is going out on a limb..I like the odds for Miguel and Lindy..they both have compatible degrees, his as Medical Director (not the exact title) and her as a Dr. of Physical Therapy (similar to Michael of Season 14). There's a 6 year age difference with him being 35, but they both have established careers and supposedly are ready to marry. 

The other is Morgan the RN, the youngest of the group at 27, and Binh an engineer, a couple years older. I think he and Nate are the youngest two guys. He and her are both quirky, and she seems a little more outgoing but I like the combo.

The other's just not so sure. Mitch had a traumatic experience early on with his parents divorcing at 3 years old.

He's really afraid of repeating their mistakes. Krysten doesn't seem very flexible,  a little cold and rigid.

Justin and Alexis both have logistics and similar career backgrounds..and only two years apart. Don't know enough about them yet, but if she wanted a "linebacker" as she told Dr. Cal, uh ..Justin is built more like a NBA player, but they got the tall part right.

Now we come to Stacia and Nate, oh boy..The 3 year age difference with her being the oldest of the two at 37, and also the oldest of all the five women there. If I remember this right she was raised by a single mother, and her maternal Grandmother was a surrogate Mom to her as well. He was raised by a single father.  I hope I'm not mixing this up, but I found that tidbit of information sortof fascinating about their matchup.  This couple would be a long shot for me..She's a china doll, oh boy now I'm being meaner, but if ever there was a MyrlaII, here she comes. 

I edited this as I like to see the wedding dresses too, even the tuxedos, wow these guys are clothes horses this season, all of them :-) You can link to People magazine article Married at First Sight Season 15 First Look: Meet the Couples | PEOPLE.com & see this..The wedding dress that I wasn't fond of was Krysten's, it reminded me of a crocheted tablecloth, but I liked all the rest, except the bodice on Lindy's, I'm always looking for a wardrobe malfunction with that design:-(

Honored Contributor

I FINALLY got to watch the show tonight!

I miss Dr. Viviana. I don't think it was entirely her choice to leave. They wanted something different and she was the one to go. I'm glad it was just Dr. Pepper and Pastor Cal for the selection process until we get used to the others.

They made no secret of the producers' influence on the show by showing them on camera and letting the ones chosen call them by name. I'm not sure if it's each person or each couple, but they all are assigned an individual producer or two  who "shadow" them the whole time.

This is my favorite part of the season- when each person finds out he/she is chosen. I'd like to think that is totally a surprise for them!

Some nice couples this season. I have hope, but I know how this show works now, so we'll see! I like Mitch and I really like Miguel as grooms. I think Binh might be just a little too attached to his mom. We'll see. 

We'll see the predictions this week on Kevin Frazier's special. It looks like they're trotting out Lindsey and Mark again. At least I don't have to see Alyssa!   Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

I like Kevin Frazier less and less the more I see of him, but we shall see. 

I noticed Myrla and Johnny on clips for tonights show, sitting next to each other..Not sure if Gill was included or not..Everyone thinks Kevin F.  seems to have a bromance with Gil. It's all a joke but sometimes you wonder..He can be so partial to certain people, and totally rag on someone he seems to dislike. Not a fan of ole Kev as you probably surmise :-(

I know there's no certain format for this show tonight, which supposedly is making predictions as to who stays together and who splits, but why do they drag out all these "singles" (Myrla, Johnny, Lindsey, Mark & others) that never made it themselves? Like they are the so called experts on other peoples lives..I am really glad no Alyssa or Jasmina..Kindof surprised too.. Not sure if Olajuwon and Katina are on there tonight.