Honored Contributor

A lot of you know how "real" I think this is! LOL! I do think at first the "experts" had more of a say in the matches. 

Once the show moved to Lifetime it became all about the ratings, and lately the producers don't even try to make it seem real. We're seeing producers and camera operators interacting with the couples. That never happened at first. 

After everything I've read I don't think the experts have a lot to do with the matchmaking process. But I do think they care. Many contestants have commented that they do keep in touch with the experts after filming is over. It is no secret that the couples actually interact with behind-the-scenes experts more than the ones we see on camera. That came out when Boston #1 groom Jonathan and expert Dr. Jessica started dating after the season was over. She specified she did not give advice directly to Jon and bride Molly. But she did see all of the footage filmed and interacted with them on camera based on that. (Jon and Jessica had to postpone their fall 2020 wedding because of the pandemic. They are still engaged and planning another one.)  It also came out when Miami groom Nick divorced his wife  and became involved with Heather, a behind-the-scenes "life coach" who gave advice to him and bride Sonia. (Nick is recovering from a serious accident and has 4-yr. old twins with Heather.)  

I've seen a lot of experts. I really liked the combination of the first ones, but I also liked the latest combination. I miss Dr. Viviana (and I'm still not convinced it was her decision to leave. I'm just glad we kept the other two, and I'm glad they were the ONLY ones involved in the latest "selection process.")

OK - I really don't like the "Afterparty." First, they should have waited until AFTER the weddings! We had three contestants on who "supposedly" have not met their spouses yet, but we talked about them! Go figure! If they had to start, they should have had all brides OR all grooms and NOT shown scenes they haven't participated in yet! What a train wreck! I don't like the questions either.

And can we do away with the named cocktails? We know you're drinking water. We're not dumb. They add nothing to the show. 

So like a lot of you, I will watch knowing it's fiction. However, I do believe some couples can work, just like some costars and other coworkers who  fall for each other all of the time! I think Katina and Olajuwon worked because they really fell for each other. Also Olajuwon is close to Jephte (Boston #1), so he probably had a good idea what to expect going in!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom, I remember Jon and that crazy wife of his Molly and how Dr. Jessica got involved with Jon romantically supposedly AFTER filming finished.  And I vaguely remember a Nick who acted like his wife was his sister.  Didn't know that the woman he later married was involved with the show.  But I remember reading that he had twins with the second wife.  He ignored his bride terribly.  The only Heather I remember was the bride who only lasted through the honeymoon, barely because the guy had a temper and smoked.  She was a flight attendant and knew right away that she was worth better than him.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@beach-mom, I remember Jon and that crazy wife of his Molly and how Dr. Jessica got involved with Jon romantically supposedly AFTER filming finished.  And I vaguely remember a Nick who acted like his wife was his sister.  Didn't know that the woman he later married was involved with the show.  But I remember reading that he had twins with the second wife.  He ignored his bride terribly.  The only Heather I remember was the bride who only lasted through the honeymoon, barely because the guy had a temper and smoked.  She was a flight attendant and knew right away that she was worth better than him.

@Mmsfoxxie - Heather Yerrid, who Nick started a relationship with, was hired by the show to be a behind-the-scenes life coach. She gave "intimate relationship advice"  to all of the couples, including Nick and Sonia. Nick started seeing Heather after he and Sonia separated (supposedly). He moved to California to be with her.  

The Heather you're thinking about was also Miami.  Heather Seidel and Derek Schwartz divorced after the season started because of his smoking, as you already said.  Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

Here is a little insight, into what a preliminary cast   member  goes thru supposedly the auditioning is a L O N G invloved process. For Mafs-San Diego it extended from mid July 2021 until mid-January 2022, almost six months. The casting is taken from a wide pool they (experts) take it seriously. Some of the things "gorgino" this mystery person, that was almost matched with what looked to be Miguel  was asked were: about her family dynamics, and also a lot  about her expectations regarding her sex life and  all related questions pertaining to that area.  

Re-Edited to Add" My link to Britt &Tim was removed ..as predicted..in case you did not get to see it, sorry, I did sortof summarize parts of the podcast in a post on page 8>>>.

Continued:  Highlights of Dastardly & Disturbing Podcast: (hardly offensive to most viewers, just someof the podders descriptive, language, so sorry).

MY TAKE ON IT:   BY Britt (the podder-lady) & Tim when he chimed in>Season 15 , Episode 1, MAFS-San Diego

Britt was a little rough on Mitch and maybe even Nate in this Epi. 1 podcast, I thought. I also missed the remark about "I've been known to cause a scene at a restaurant over something the servers did". (by Mitch). 

I did hear Nate say that he "was known to smash on chicks back in his 20's". The remark that he wants a certain physical type in a woman, like "Build-A-Bear" struck me as odd on his part as well. I also wanted to mention that I was surprised at Stacia "emancipating" herself as a senior in high school, so she did not have to move with her Mother..Wasn't she the one that was also raised by her single Mom & her Grandma?

I like  what Britt said about certain "red flags" when she spoke about the Krysten/Mitch duo.   Britt said that Krysten was the selfless type that worried about not being enough for her mate. In direct contrast to her selfless statement, Mitch said to his brother "what if he does not like his mate"?

I also didn't realize that Justin has only lived in SanDiego for six months..Prior to that he was finding himself back in Colorado after his breakup..If it takes from July 2021 to Jan. 2022 to screen them (6 months) he must have barely qualified or come back just in time to apply. Not sure how this works. They seemed to like Alexis and her self-awareness. 

Miguel and Lindy got rave ratings too..Even Binh and head strong Morgan..Maybe not so much Binh's meager apartment:-)                                                                       Krysten was probably Britt's favorite with that remark about "I woke up to my pugs (dog) face on my butt, and knew it was time I did something different". They both said this matchup was not fair to Krysten based on the * red flags* & her past breakup & the mistress that broke it to her. ouch!! 

They also liked Stacia ,even tho she seemed one-dimensional and a "boss" , but again they both thought she got robbed of a fair matchup and    she really wants a couple kids and she's already 37.

Super Contributor

@HisElk1  WHERE OH WHERE IS @HisElk1 ? HOPE YOU'RE OKAY! 

Respected Contributor

@GypsyVanner , I'm here!  Your post made my day, my cyber friend.  

I've been on this forum for a looooooong time and don't ever recall anyone posting asking about where I am.  Thank you.

I guess we're all going to be tuning in tonight for the drama.

Good to see you!

Super Contributor

Re: MAFS new season

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 oh good! I'm glad I made your day!!!

Anyway this forum is for MAFS-Season 15 San Diego so bring it on..I really hope they can handle a couple weddings (or more) this 3 hr. time slot. I know Krysten & Mitch are next. 

Yes I saw tonights two weddings, but figured would wait until everyone has watched and someone starts posting as that filler show in between really made the AfterParty late, esp. in Eastern time zone.

I was thrown off by the Lifetime description of a groom getting bad news..I had no idea that it ended up being what it was. Still confused by it.

One other thing I noticed was that Stacia did not bring up her CPA/accountant job to Nate..She only mentioned the real estate and renovating houses. 

Super Contributor

Re: MAFS new season

[ Edited ]

@bayflwc @HisElk1 @beach-mom @colliegirls @AngelPuppy1 @Mmsfoxxie @ciao_bella @Houstonoilers @pattypeep  @GoldenGate  @Wsmom  @Pantsonfire2  @Zernia Rose & all @MAFS-FANS!!                                                                                                                          OKAY I'M BAFFLED AND CONFUSED: Is there a Mafs-San Diego somewhere on here and I'm missing out? I looked and didn't see one. It's been what, nine days since anyone posted here? That's a record. 

I know the AfterParty is on 11 PM EST, so will wait a bit to see if someone posts, otherwise will just talk to myself. I've been known to do that and even answer myself..yikes!

Esteemed Contributor

@GypsyVanner I think this is it?  I haven't seen another one.

Can we chat about last night?  Any input?  I know mini spoilers but I do know enough to keep those off of here so I am keeping them to myself.  🤐

Respected Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

@bayflwc @HisElk1 @beach-mom @colliegirls @AngelPuppy1 @Mmsfoxxie @ciao_bella @Houstonoilers @pattypeep  @GoldenGate  @Wsmom  @Pantsonfire2  @Zernia Rose & all @MAFS-FANS!!                                                                                                                          OKAY I'M BAFFLED AND CONFUSED: Is there a Mafs-San Diego somewhere on here and I'm missing out? I looked and didn't see one. It's been what, nine days since anyone posted here? That's a record. 

I know the AfterParty is on 11 PM EST, so will wait a bit to see if someone posts, otherwise will just talk to myself. I've been known to do that and even answer myself..yikes!

@GypsyVanner I am still here.  I just finished watching the latest episode in full since I fell asleep on it.  I did not get to see the After Party though.   

It appears Mitch is more interested in his future MIL than in his own wife.  I'm not liking his attitude nor his actions one bit!  My first impression is this marriage is doomed from the start.  

I'm really liking Miguel and Lindy.  They both seem to like each and even smitten with each other. She likes his quirkiness and, even though her brother is posing some issues with religion, from what I've read Lindy is not as religious any longer.  I don't see it as problem going forward. 

Nate and Stacia... the blonde friend of Nate's is clearly crushing on him.  I see lots of issues with her, especially planting herself in their married life.  I'm not sure about him, especially after seeing him at the batchelor party.  He's saying all the right things now to Stacia, but is it all an act?   Only time will tell.  

Justin and Alexis... she's just a little too much for him in so many ways.  

Maybe it's only from what the experts have told us about Binh, but I'm not a fan of his.  I don't think his wife will be either.  Just my first impression and opinion. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!