Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Houstonoilers , I saw that video back in January and wow was it an eye opener as to why Myrla did what seemed to be such a quick about face with her relationship with Gil.  Their stories are slightly different but I wish them both well.  And I did like her somewhat better after seeing this video.  Gil was bad with money and it was a huge red flag for her.  She really didn't explain herself well on Reunion  Day.  But the main thing that turned me off on her that day was her juvenile interactions with Johnny while Gil was there.  It seemed like they were twisting the knife into Gil's heart.   But Johnny is a knife twister for anybody that is down I think....Gil, Bao....whoever.

I also saw that video back when it first hit and was not surprised.  I had always read people who knew Gil said he was getting a great edit.  I think she was wise to leave and I also give her credit for keeping her mouth shut for so long knowing people were dumping on her for leaving him.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's Justin...the real tall guy?  He sure has a high opinion of himself and his "package."  Good grief.  Seems to have the overall maturity of a middle schooler.  Hope that is just the edit they are giving them.

I think I am most interested to see how the wife of the role playing guy reacts after being married to him and seeing that side of him.  

Well, hopefully we have a good season!

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie 

I thought O was shady from day one.  The attitudes he exhibited toward woman and the roles he felt they should play in marriage, and also the way he felt that K was falling short, very ignorant and hurtful.  I don't believe I would have or could have stayed or put up with.  They do seem from what you see, very happy.  As for Noi and Steve -  something not right.  And I feel it is with Noi.  As for Myrla, don't care for her.  She is full of herself and I think if the story is true about Gil, if she really cared about him, she would have tried to work it out with him and see where it went.  Maybe he overextended himself, to try to impress her or give her what he felt she wanted.  If it could not be resolved, then take other actions.  She was never into him from the start -- at least that's what I saw.  As for Johnny -- a little spoliled boy, trying to act like a big man.  I see nothing attractive to him at all.  He couldn't take the fact that Bao got sick of his garbage and kicked him to the curb.  

@AngelPuppy1 , if I recall the clip, it has been some time since I've seen it, no.  The money he got from selling his stuff went to his car and himself rather than the deposit for their new place.   

I completely agree with you about Noi and Steve.  I think Steve would be a great catch and she basically wants somebody to support her, give her kids, while she lives on her own.  The fact that they are still not living together but trying for kids is crazy IMO

Johnny and Bao were just a mess all along.  He was horrible to her.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom 

Yes, yes and yes to all that you said!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Thse new couples are giving me pause -- I am uneasy about all of them right now.  None  of them are saying to me --- Yes, yes -- what a match.  One thing I have to say for sure -- there might be some interesting interactions and displays of discord!  I am comparing the American version to the Australian version again -- but really USA version just drags everything out too long.  As for the After Party --- why the need to have an After Party show already when basically we have seen practically nothing???  This After Party stuff needs to happen later, much later. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Re: MAFS new season

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

These new couples are giving me pause -- I am uneasy about all of them right now.  None  of them are saying to me --- Yes, yes -- what a match.  One thing I have to say for sure -- there might be some interesting interactions and displays of discord!  I am comparing the American version to the Australian version again -- but really USA version just drags everything out too long.  As for the After Party --- why the need to have an After Party show already when basically we have seen practically nothing???  This After Party stuff needs to happen later, much later. 

@AngelPuppy1 

yep I agree completely.

ALSO If you are in high school and some random guy says "Hey lets get married" That's not a real sincere proposal, or it better not be, because I was proposed to back in uhh maybe 1st grade:-)   Also again if a "friend'' in college says "lets get married", friends are friends , that's not a real proposal..Ok granted I will give Alexis the one maybe real proposal "someone she's dated for a while in college, okay that's 1 proposal, tops! She also says that it's her big secret. I counted five times that she has said it..getting old.

sorry my rant for the day :-)

@AngelPuppy1 YOU WROTE: there might be some interesting interactions and displays of discord!  

Are you suggesting some switcharoos between partners this time? Huh! I almost want that to happen to liven things up due to the mismatches that I predict now. I'm not a matchmaker but Miguel and Morgan look more promising to me..Same with Lindy and Mitch. Not sure who that leaves for Krysten with a "Y". If Stacia and Nate work out that's great, but it would be hard to find the perfect person for either of them..

Esteemed Contributor

@GypsyVanner , I was completely surprised Morgan and Miguel weren't matched together.  That made complete sense.  But this is MAFS....they never match a couple that makes sense.  They want people who have to work hard to bring each other around to their way of thinking and make allowances.  That is the experiment.   Extra points for putting up with somebody who verbally abuses you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Group, I know MAFS Boston is over but here is an update on Steve & Noi if you're interested:

@beach-mom 

35ED505B-A183-49BD-86E2-028382EFB835.png

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone! I'm behind and I haven't finished watching last week's episode. I'll finish watching tomorrow afternoon. 

But I have to post this in case you haven't heard it. DD has been commenting for the past few weeks that Noi and Alyssa have been hanging out a lot.

She just told me Noi and Steve are splitting up. I had hope, but their not living together after the show aired should have been a big clue. The whole "Steve doesn't have a job" story line was so made up. He is a consultant who works mostly from his home. As a consultant in his field he makes plenty of money.

Now of course they're each posting and blaming the other.

I should be so over this show, but it keeps dragging me in! LOL! 

For this season, and without knowing any spoilers, I think there are two who won't make it - Krysten and Mitch, and Morgan and Binh. We'll see.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And here is a response from Noi:

@beach-mom 

C6BCD100-2D81-4A5B-BC5A-7ECA3A3107B4.pngYou have to enlarge to read.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)