Respected Contributor

@GypsyVanner , I swear, we must be related in some way.  You posted what I was thinking.  I don't need to add anymore.

Respected Contributor

DH and I just finished watching tonight's "kick off" featuring all of these people from past seasons, including some whose marriage failed.

IMO, it was 3 hours too long and nothing but a what I call a "FWOT".  If any of you haven't watched it yet, I wouldn't bother.

Honored Contributor

I did enjoy tonight's special. I'm not a fan of Kevin either, but his panel is growing on me. I thought it was interesting that Lindsey and Mark were the only ones who didn't comment on one of the new couples.

For anyone who didn't see my post on the other forum: DD's friend talked to Mark two Saturdays ago. She said he hasn't changed, or filming the show didn't change him. She did ask about Lindsey. He said she's nice, but they had little in common. We didn't see everything they filmed (and we already knew that). He said he doubted they would keep in touch.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

I enjoyed the show but it was long!  I never cared for Kevin but I think he does a good job on these shows!  Lindsey and Mark's interaction was interesting.  When they showed the clip from before, he seemed to want to be more friendly with her.  You mentioned that your DD's friend is an acquaintance of Mark's.  He seems like he is a nice guy and more sensitive than he would like people to see, is this her impression of him?.  Lindsey just seems like Lindsey -- full steam ahead.  I don't think she is a bad person but she is who she is and if people get hurt along the way -- well, so be it!  

I find it hard to believe what Myrla said about Gil -not paying rent, etc.  It could be true - who knows.  She is just so full of herself though.  And Johnny -- ugh, I can't stand him.  Also, he was really bad mouthing his ex-wife and telling stories about her and how she was pursuing various other men on the show.  Those 2 are like  2 little mean girls from high school --- no wonder they teamed up!

I think this season will be a real roller coaster.  A lot of strong personalities.  To me, it seemed like they teamed  several women who were very agressive with more passive men.  This may or may not work.... hmmm -- time will tell.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@beach-mom 

I enjoyed the show but it was long!  I never cared for Kevin but I think he does a good job on these shows!  Lindsey and Mark's interaction was interesting.  When they showed the clip from before, he seemed to want to be more friendly with her.  You mentioned that your DD's friend is an acquaintance of Mark's.  He seems like he is a nice guy and more sensitive than he would like people to see, is this her impression of him?.  Lindsey just seems like Lindsey -- full steam ahead.  I don't think she is a bad person but she is who she is and if people get hurt along the way -- well, so be it!  

I find it hard to believe what Myrla said about Gil -not paying rent, etc.  It could be true - who knows.  She is just so full of herself though.  And Johnny -- ugh, I can't stand him.  Also, he was really bad mouthing his ex-wife and telling stories about her and how she was pursuing various other men on the show.  Those 2 are like  2 little mean girls from high school --- no wonder they teamed up!

I think this season will be a real roller coaster.  A lot of strong personalities.  To me, it seemed like they teamed  several women who were very agressive with more passive men.  This may or may not work.... hmmm -- time will tell.  

@AngelPuppy1 - That is exactly what she said about him! She and DD have been friends for years. She went to college in New England and got a job in Quincy. She and Mark are part of the same group of friends. She had never seen the show before, and she hadn't seen him in a while but she knew he would be on.

She told DD before the show started he was a really nice guy who would be there for anyone and would be the first to speak up if someone needed help. 

I couldn't believe when DD told me about their connection. This was the second one! One of her good college friends worked with Luke (Philadelphia) in an engineering firm. She saw him every day during filming. I already knew some things, but I learned a lot more. Of course Luke couldn't and didn't say anything; his coworkers just figured some things out! So when the show was broadcast we found out some "secrets" early on. I don't think anyone will get upset if I say he's nothing like he was portrayed on the show! (He has left his engineering job and is in a serious relationship.) 

I was also surprised about Myrla. She and Gil seemed to be the Alpha couple of the group. And I really thought they were taking a look at Gil for hosting or cohosting one of the "extra" shows. I thought he would be good at that 

This season I have couples I think will work out and some I don't think will. I haven't read any spoilers, so I'm not sure how accurate I am! 

So I don't believe a lot of what I see. The producers want drama and will do anything to get it! But I also believe some of these couples really do fall for each other. It happens all of the time on TV and movie sets!  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

I recall that Stacia was also in real estate.

Valued Contributor

Apparently Noi and Steve are trying to have a baby, and he still doesn't have a job.  Babies cost money; deliveries and hospital stays cost money - I'm perplexed.  What if Steve were to get in an accident and pass away. Does Steve have life insurance that would enable Noi to support a child for 18 years - doubtful. 

I'm just flabbergasted that this decision isn't being more thought out by Noi, particularly given her childhood circumstances.  

Honored Contributor

Ok....I guess I'm ready to say that Olajuwon and Katina are really together and Steve and Noi are not really together.  I've looked at Olajuwon and Katina's Instagram page and they are having a ball traveling and doing other things together.  Steve and Noi don't have that type of togetherness.  In fact, I don't recall seeing photos of them interacting after the show ended.

I like Myrla better than I used to.  I saw her a few months ago on a YouTube video and she sounded very credible explaining why she said yes on decision day but changed her mind later.  Gil used his money unwisely and came up short on the first month's rent.  Red flag for any woman.  I still think Gil is a nice guy....just not reliable.

Johnny...UGHHH!  He's gotten even more unlikeable, if that's possible.  Could that be slander what he said about Bao?  He can't seem to get her out of his head.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

Thank you for responding!  That's gratifying to find out that Mark really IS a nice guy.  I hope that after he has time to recover from all of this, he will find a really nice person to share his life with!!  

I still remember the Luke thing.  I can't remember the wife's name.  I thought she was very cute and I thought - how can he be so mean to her?  I'm sure a lot of it was scripted but it would seem there had to be some truth to it???  

I was always in Gil's corner.  I was never a fan of Myrla.  She seemed shallow and superficial.  

Obviously, in spite of it all, there are a few couples who actually do make a REAL connection and have seemed to have found true happiness!!!

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers 

As first I had the most concerns about Steve, but then I switched over to Noi.  What is going on with these 2???  Very strange.  I now believe that Steve, from everything that has been shown, that he seems very down to earth and realiable, despite the fact that he does not appear to be employed in a traditional 9 to 5.  He obvioisly has money coming in and if he does not chose to reveal - at least on t.v. -- I guess that's his choice.  As far as them still not living together --- and it seems to be on her end --- I don't get it. How can you truly form a true, strong bond, when you do this?  To me, it sends a signal --- I am not fully committed to you --- I do not fully trust you --- and I will escape the minute I feel like it!  As far as a baby, I don't feel this is appropriate until and unless this issue and probably others are rectified.  From what is shown, it looks like Steve is the more grounded and sensible one of the two.  I think Noi has some deepseated psychological issues that she needs to go see about.