Valued Contributor

MAFS last season question

[ Edited ]

Has anyone heard how a couple is doing, the one where he said his ex was pregnant. I can't think of their names. Just wondering, hopefully they arent together. I believe the show offers couples a future show to be in and  they stay together for that purpose.

Honored Contributor

Re: MAFS last season question

@KACEE1115, that was season 13, Chris was the groom, Paige was the bride.  The agreed to divorce on Decision Day.  The gf that Chris supposedly got pregnant supposedly had a miscarriage.  Chris later claimed that the gf was never pregnant.  The gf showed proof of miscarriage on her INstagram page.  Lot of up and down drama, mainly initiated by Chris Williams.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie he was such a creep, and I am so glad that she didn't give in and go back to him and be treated poorly. I can't watch it every season it's too upsetting to me so I skip one or two, lol , I also hated how that one girl thought she was so much better than the husband. The one that wouldn't return his bracelet.

Honored Contributor

Well, @KACEE1115, be glad you aren't watching this season, lol.  I'm enjoying it cause I have a dull life but it's far worse than the Chris and Paige fiasco.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie ugh 😂

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 - @Mmsfoxxie is exactly right. Chris was a train wreck, but I am convinced the producers had a lot to do with it.

I've seen every episode since the beginning of the show The show was originally on another network and seemed to be more "real." The experts were on constantly and explained their reasonings. Dr. Pepper has been on since the beginning. The first spiritual expert was the Chaplain at Harvard University. We never saw the camera operators, and they made a point that each couple would find a place to live on their own. The couples didn't see each other until near the end of the show Once it moved to Lifetime it seems to have changed.

Somewhere along the way ratings became more important than the actual happiness of the couples. 

In Chris' case, his former coworkers even said he was not a nice person. But he was on social media promoting the show, specifying ratings, etc. I have no doubt the producers were happy the drama was bringing in ratings!

There are some couples who are still together, married, and raising children, so there are some love stories. I think we're seeing one, maybe more, this season!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom I do love Ashley and Anthony! 

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@beach-mom I do love Ashley and Anthony! 

@KACEE1115 - They are one of my favorites! There are others like them. During the Dallas season Danielle and Bobby seemed smitten from the start. Obviously the producers had to throw SOMETHING in there to make us doubt, and that time it was Danielle's financial situation. Another fun couple to watch is Washington D.C.'s Jess and Austin. 

I think we're seeing a couple like that this season too. It makes up for all of the drama we have to endure!  Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

I read somewhere that Chris' business went bankrupt. I thought..... couldnt happen to a nicer person...lol

Honored Contributor

@game-on wrote:

I read somewhere that Chris' business went bankrupt. I thought..... couldnt happen to a nicer person...lol

@game-on - Karma! I think he had previously managed a donut shop at one time. His staff there were the ones who said how awful he was - and this was during the airing of MAFS!

I still can't believe both of his parents are ministers! It must hurt them so much to see the things he does. 

I will say though, as I think with most, his "outrageousness" was embellished for the show!  Smiley Wink