Honored Contributor

Re: MAFS - Nashville

[ Edited ]

Of course, we only see what the show wants us to see, so, of course, each person is probably not always shown in their truest light.  It looks like most of the blame is put on Kirsten in her marriage for the outcome.  From what I can see and my opinion is, yes, she did irritate me and she did make quite a few stupid statements, but to me, she did seem like after he quite a few times stated that he not only wanted her to be with him at his events, but he needed her to be there, that she stated that she understood and would try her best to be there.  At times, I felt he was overly needy and being unreasonable.  From what was shown, it seemed like his time was at a premium with all of his work and things he had going on, and she seemed like she was trying to accommodate him.  So, in all fairness, I don't believe the blame should be put all on her.  Maybe he was looking for and expected to have the "perfect wife", who would put all her needs and wants and work duties on the back burner for him.  Just my thoughts.  

Also, I wanted to add.  After Shaq said he wanted a divorce, she was saying to the camera --- he was doing all the crying, etc., and she was the one who should be crying, not him -- because he was the one who wanted to divorce her ----  she said Yes to staying in the marriage!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

@HisElk1  sorry I didn't answer you sooner>>>>>

quote/

Can you tell me where I missed what you posted because I'm curious to re-watch and watch it./unquote

I know I heard her say it, and I'm better at remembering their bodily expressions, and what they were wearing when they say something. (must be my seasoned age :-))                                             Anyway she had on that shiny gold inflatable spacesuit of an ensemble.(a little harsh, I know) >> so it was from the AfterParty as I remember it. 

I know she acted like she was joking but the new host was saying that we know what would happen Nicole if you were caught off guard and Chris said no. She was laughing and saying "things would fly, his car would be found in the river/water, whatever. 

Maybe @Mmsfoxxie can help out here as I think she tapes and watches the AfterParty too, or someone else. I might not have the wording all 100% right but it reminded of Michaela and Zach's disruption and her temperament at the time.

Respected Contributor

If Kirsten loved Shaq, why was there no sense of pain at being rejected by him?  Only fury.  The Reunion will be interesting to learn if indeed they have maintained contact.  I think she is needy for security and is not much more than a beginner in the real estate field based on her internet professional sales info.  She seemed lazy about helping Mack (?) if I'm remembering his name correctly, when he and his friend checked out a possible purchase, leaving them alone with possible unanswered questions. 

One would think being rejected by a true love would bring a tear, some sense of sorrow.  I always thought she was super shallow in depth of personality and ability to connect with anoyone beyond the superficial.

Respected Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

@HisElk1  sorry I didn't answer you sooner>>>>>

quote/

Can you tell me where I missed what you posted because I'm curious to re-watch and watch it./unquote

I know I heard her say it, and I'm better at remembering their bodily expressions, and what they were wearing when they say something. (must be my seasoned age :-))                                             Anyway she had on that shiny gold inflatable spacesuit of an ensemble.(a little harsh, I know) >> so it was from the AfterParty as I remember it. 

I know she acted like she was joking but the new host was saying that we know what would happen Nicole if you were caught off guard and Chris said no. She was laughing and saying "things would fly, his car would be found in the river/water, whatever. 

Maybe @Mmsfoxxie can help out here as I think she tapes and watches the AfterParty too, or someone else. I might not have the wording all 100% right but it reminded of Michaela and Zach's disruption and her temperament at the time.

@GypsyVanner , thank you for replying.  We watched the AP and your definition of that shiny goldlike getup certainly didn't do her favors IMO.  I didn't hear that part, so we'll go back and rewatch it again.  

What I did get from her is that she truly loves herself and thinks she's "all that".

It's obvious she got what she wanted since it showed them signing a new lease and I suspect she'll get her way most of the time.

I guess we'll see more this coming Wednesday when they show more.  

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner, I don't remember Nicole's exact response but it was flip and supposedly funny.  But I have a feeling that if Chris ever breaks up with her, he'd better get into a witness protection program immediately after, lol.  She's the type that will hound you for a long time unless you get nasty with her.  Come to think of it, maybe that's the reason behind her cigarette burn on her arm.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@GypsyVanner, I don't remember Nicole's exact response but it was flip and supposedly funny.  But I have a feeling that if Chris ever breaks up with her, he'd better get into a witness protection program immediately after, lol.  She's the type that will hound you for a long time unless you get nasty with her.  Come to think of it, maybe that's the reason behind her cigarette burn on her arm.

@Mmsfoxxie , you could be right with her attitude.  As I recall at one point during the season, her father talked to him about things like that and her personality.  I could see her acting out in a bad way if he does something to upset her.

Esteemed Contributor

Just watched it last night.  

Shaq would get on my last nerve.  I don't think Kirsten is that bad.  Well, we have no idea due to how they edited it and the fact that I had a hard time paying attention but he irritated me far more than she did.  If they are seeing each other, maybe without Nicole's butting in and cameras in their faces they will actually be able to figure out what they want out of each other and it will work out.  

I also heard the comment on Afterparty from Nicole.  She has to be one of if not the most obnoxious people.  One day she is going to stick her nose into the wrong person's business.  Who knows how any of these relationships would have gone without her expert advice.  Her pulling that stunt with Mac and Gina was one thing but her response about it on Afterparty spoke volumes.  

I just hope Clint stays away from Dom.  I am sure she is not pleased with the editing from this last show just focusing on her chomping on her food and leaving.  But like I've said, I'm sure Clint has a mile-long line of women who would love to date him.  Aside from that one comment he made (which again, I think totally overblown for drama especially by Nicole) just an all-around good, fun, nice looking guy.

If Chris has a group of friends with wives Nicole is going to have to really watch it or he will be constantly apologizing with a that's just the way she is because generally women aren't going to put up with this rando chick coming in and telling them what they need to do in life.  Men either for that matter.   They are going to be one fun couple to see what happens over the years.

Super Contributor

@Wsmom quote/

I also heard the comment on Afterparty from Nicole.  She has to be one of if not the most obnoxious people.  One day she is going to stick her nose into the wrong person's business.  Who knows how any of these relationships would have gone without her expert advice.  Her pulling that stunt with Mac and Gina was one thing but her response about it on Afterparty spoke volumes.  

I just hope Clint stays away from Dom.  I am sure she is not pleased with the editing from this last show just focusing on her chomping on her food and leaving.  But like I've said, I'm sure Clint has a mile-long line of women who would love to date him.  Aside from that one comment he made (which again, I think totally overblown for drama especially by Nicole) just an all-around good, fun, nice looking guy./unquote

@Wsmom                                                                                                     Don't mean to take apart your reply & pick & choose to respond in part, but I thought of something on AfterParty about Nicole & I agree in full with all of the above that you said.

I wanted to add that , that new host asked a good question>"Do you guys get together with your partner or even with the other couples before DD & share what you're going to decide , that is "Yes" or "No"?                                                                Nicole immediatedly tried to make light of it by saying "that they were told, and she did add probably especially to her in particular (she smirked and added a ha ha), that NO they were not suppose to share their decision with the other couples, keep it to themselves. Now I can't remember if she commented on the partner part. I think though that her and Chris shared ahead or she would have had a major "bursting at the seams". She did say that she did NOT sleep well the night before, and she did look tired too.

Airris said he thought that idea was dumb. He also said that Clint shared that he thought Jasmine might say "yes". Sounds like Airris suggested he told "the guys" that he was a NO. Airris said he and Jasmine both agree ahead of time, to say NO. I'm not so sure about this story, but maybe Jasmine will comment some time, or even Clint.

Shaq said they did NOT share ahead of time because it was Kirsten's decision NOT to.  

Esteemed Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

I wanted to add that , that new host asked a good question>"Do you guys get together with your partner or even with the other couples before DD & share what you're going to decide , that is "Yes" or "No"?                                                                Nicole immediatedly tried to make light of it by saying "that they were told, and she did add probably especially to her in particular (she smirked and added a ha ha), that NO they were not suppose to share their decision with the other couples, keep it to themselves. Now I can't remember if she commented on the partner part. I think though that her and Chris shared ahead or she would have had a major "bursting at the seams". She did say that she did NOT sleep well the night before, and she did look tired too.

@GypsyVanner , I'd forgotten about that.  Can you imagine what would have happened if Nicole could have gotten in the ears of those couples to discuss their decisions!  And she seems quite proud of being such a busybody.

Airris said he thought that idea was dumb. He also said that Clint shared that he thought Jasmine might say "yes". Sounds like Airris suggested he told "the guys" that he was a NO. Airris said he and Jasmine both agree ahead of time, to say NO. I'm not so sure about this story, but maybe Jasmine will comment some time, or even Clint.

Yes... so many tidbits in the afterparty..forgot this one, too...Clint told him if you're going to say No you need to let her know because I think she's going to say yes.  Clint is just a great guy!

Shaq said they did NOT share ahead of time because it was Kirsten's decision NOT to.  

Super Contributor

Now that I reread this decision by Kirsten I'm beginning to think Kirsten thought "her charms" could change him in the next 24 hours, because I think she secretly knew by his body language and demeanour that he was already a "NO".                                He always said she wanted to be controlling and she completely backed off and basically rattled his cage a little by not influencing his decision at all. I'm wondering if ole Nicole and her came up with a strategy to try, but it might not have worked the way they anticipated. Kirsten just Isn't that smart to think deep on her own. 

Maybe she was hoping by not acting concerned he would think she was a "no" already and had moved on. She might have hoped too, that he would go first and make the decision for both of them. This is getting confusing because now I can see through and argue my own dumb logic.

To be honest I was surprised at Shaq's decision because DD has become just another Tuesday for that group. They usually hang on and say "yes" and decide for sure soon after, or within 6 months anyway.