Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella 

I don't know.  I was so glad they went to her first.  Yes, he seems the type of guy that has to say something negative, even if it's false, just to try to put the blame on the woman --- because, of course, he is perfect!  LOL!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

My take on the Airris and Jasmine thing was that HE wanted to be the one to say NO, because he was convinced in that tiny self-centered pea brain of his that SHE was still 100% onboard and was still infatuated with HIM. 

SHE deflated his sails when SHE was allowed to say NO. HE wanted to be the big man that said NO first, like that would carry more impact, because it's the HEman. 

Ug!

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner 

Yeah -- because every woman is just panting over him.  LOL!  And since she shot him down, of course, he has to start spouting negative nonsense and negative drivel -- still trying to put her down to build himself up.  

Super Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@GypsyVanner 

Yeah -- because every woman is just panting over him.  LOL!  And since she shot him down, of course, he has to start spouting negative nonsense and negative drivel -- still trying to put her down to build himself up.  

Yes  Exactly! His response and his playboy, player attitude was uncalled for as well. But that's just him. I just almost wonder if his Mama didn't sign him up as well.

The whole show he acted "out of his element" and just vacant and not a part of anything. Even group events, with the exception of his coronation and crowning, he would disappear early (work reasons he said), or sit there with his mouth hanging open. She always took the initiative to include them as a couple. He was a deadhead.

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@GypsyVanner 

Yes  Exactly! His response and his playboy, player attitude was uncalled for as well. But that's just him. I just almost wonder if his Mama didn't sign him up as well.

The whole show he acted "out of his element" and just vacant and not a part of anything. Even group events, with the exception of his coronation and crowning, he would disappear early (work reasons he said), or sit there with his mouth hanging open. She always took the initiative to include them as a couple. He was a deadhead.

@GypsyVanner 

Agreed!  He just wanted to get a bigger "fan base"!  I never saw anything really appealing in him, not his looks, and especially not his personality!  

Respected Contributor

Don't know about all of you, but after tonight's episode, I'm ready to move on.  Nashville's season was probably one of the most boring of all.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Where do I begin after last night's trainwreck!  I applaud Shaq for standing up for himself and saying no.  He would not have ever come close to satisfying Kirsten, aka as "buy me a house/car" wife. And as I recall, Shaq wasn't allowed to ever meet her father; though I could be wrong.   I was disturbed at the reactions from both Pepper and Cal as professionals.  Neither of them lived with her and it was obvious they took her side.  They should NOT be acting the way that they did IMO.

As for Nicole, she needs to shut her piehole and stop with the giving out advice to others and trying to pair others together.  I cannot take her and I hope that Chris grows a big part 'cause he's going to need them.  

I think Clint is the only sane one in this season's show and I have no doubt he'll find the right woman for him.  

Regular Contributor

@HisElk1- I agree with you.  So glad Shaq said no to the Narcissist.  He can do much better.  She sure wasn't happy, as evidenced by her subsequent remarks at every opportunity.  Typical Narcissist reaction as well.

Didn't like Dom showing up to stuff her face then leave at the get together either.  She is another one like Airris and Gina who never gave their partner any chance at all.  Was thinking today the experts never should have put her in the experiment knowing her mother was the one who signed her up.  Shame on them for allowing that bad situation to unfold.  Dom was never in it for the right reasons.

Gina also bad-mouthing Clint at every opportunity.  She just has to keep blaming him for things not working, when she was the one who checked out on the honeymoon over a remark that really wasn't even directed at her.  All poor Clint said was that he usually goes for athletic women.  He never actually said anything about her body at all.

I did have to chuckle at the choice of venue for the group get-together though.  An axe throwing place?  Whose idea was that?  Could have turned ugly.  And you are right, Nicole needs to shut up and butt out of everyone else's business.

I'm glad to see the end of this season too.  Hopefully the next one will a lot better with a decent group of people who are serious and committed to the process.

I've often wondered what it would be like if they did a "Seniors" version.  Of course there would not be much of an audience to watch old people getting married at first sight, but I'm sure there are plenty of candidates out there.  People who never married, have no children and dedicated their life to their career, now retired and looking for someone to share their golden years.  Where do I sign up?

Valued Contributor

I am glad to see this season coming to an end. Shaq certainly made a wise decision, although the "experts" did not seem to agree with him. Kirsten is so robotic! Her lack of emotion while Shaq poured his heart out was indicative of her shallowness. Kirsten's infantile speech pattern is particularly annoying. 

Honored Contributor

I was surprised that Shaq said no!  I believe Kirsten was also.  However, I believe it was the right thing for them to get a divorce.  While I was not happy with a lot of her actions and things that she said, I don't put all the blame on her.  Shaq seemed, from what I saw, a bit unrealistic in his expectations and a bit immature in his needs.  I mean I get that he was always saying I need you to be here, there or wherever, but I mean --- the neediness seemed a bit excessive to me!  I did not agree totally with Pastor Cal and Dr. Pepper but I did agree when Pastor Cal said something like what else did he think he was going to find.  I get that Kirsten did not wear her heart on her sleeve but not everyone is on the same level with their emotions as to how openly they demonstrate them.  I do think that Kirsten did try and I do think that she did care for him and wanted the marriage also.  I didn't care for Shaq's comments afterwards, about maybe later he could go back later on and see if he could start things with her again.  It was almost like by his saying he wanted a divorce, like this was his message to her --- you didn't treat me exactly like I wanted to be treated, so there - I'm divorcing you --- and if you have time to think about how you did me wrong and correct yourself, maybe I'll take you back later!  Didn't set well with me!  

As for the get together - Nicole being Nicole -- trying to run the show!  And her starting that stuff about Mack and Gina going on a date right in front of Clint --- I thought that was very rude!  

And then Clint was trying to make a couple jokes about him and Gina -- which I thought were funny -- and they all just sat there deadpan --- silence.

And once again -- Gina -- putting him down --- just because he has a sense of humor!

And then the thing with the dogs!  I mean, I'm sorry if I were Jasmine, I'd say, sorry, but the marriage is over - that includes you and I and the dog!

As for Clint and Hank, well if she asks him to watch Clint when she goes away and he wants to do it -- then fine.  I know that he loves Hank and Hank seems to enjoy his company.  And Gina doesn't need any time to get over the marriage and divorce because she never really invested herself in it to begin with!