Regular Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@GypsyVanner   -  that was me.  She had a puss on her face the whole time - from the moment she walked down the aisle.  I still can't get over how she distanced herself AT the alter - it spoke volumes - to me anyway.

You are right - puss'n'boots suits her for a nickname.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bayflwc wrote:

@GypsyVanner   -  that was me.  She had a puss on her face the whole time - from the moment she walked down the aisle.  I still can't get over how she distanced herself AT the alter - it spoke volumes - to me anyway.

You are right - puss'n'boots suits her for a nickname.

And now I'm thinking of that movie and it's all starting to make sense (I'm joking of course,,but am I?) } You know the one, entitled "Puss In Boots" and who did the voice over for that cat? None other than Antonio Banderas..so lil Princess Alyssa has always dreamt of her knighted   stud .. Antonio Banderas, and instead they gave her a clean shaven , clean cut, younger version of Jack Black!  ahh the fair maiden must be beside herself with grief :-(                                                 Doth or  Dost Thou go to  Puerto Rico, or stay stateside in mourning? decisions   ...  decisions..

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 

As I mentioned in my previous post, Alyssa reminds me a lot of Christina from a few seasons back.  She was so mean to Henry the entire season.  I think we will be seeing the same from Alyssa, just based on how she acted from the moment she walked down the aisle.

@AngelPuppy1  ..after you posted that a few pg's back I recalled a long thread about Henry and Christina..The difference between Chris and Henry  is that Henry never liked Christina from the beginning and he never believed or trusted her..

Poor Chris is starting out a little "smitten" I'm afraid..not sure how long it will last..He seemed to say on the AfterParty that he wasn't thrilled with his friends and what they said..but he should have seen through all that..SHE used it as a crutch to use against him..Even when she was talking to them it just seemed like she was fishing and looking for a way out , any excuse at all..

I'm probably wrong but I thought Christina was evil incarnate when she tried to say Henry was not heterosexual..

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner, I remember Christina.  No, she wasn't very nice.  Had a stick up her butt from day one.  Then she lied on Henry saying someone sent her a text I believe.  Never showed it.  Could be that she thought he was because he wasn't into her.

But for me the worst wife was one named Samantha.  I forget her husband's name but she belittled him from day one.  She hated that he was passive...never got angry with her.  But he got the last laugh on Decision Day when she said she wanted to stay married, he said no.  She ran from the room and, I believe it was Dr. Pepper, ran after her to console her.  Did my heart good.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Regular Contributor

That was Sam and Neil.  She was on a "Where are they now" special and acknowledged how badly she had treated him.  They are evidently 'good friends' now.  She is married with a baby (at that time) and claimed that the experience with Neil taught her a lot about herself and prepared her to be a good wife.

@GypsyVanner   I think you are right, Chris is smitten with Alyssa, whereas Henry didn't like Christina from the beginning.  Time will tell, but I think Alyssa is going to be just as horrible as Christina was and then some.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 

While I think it is important to not lead people on and to be honest, I don't think a person has to be hurtful and nasty about expressing your feelings.  Being blunt - well, it's sometimes necessary when you've tried and tried to get your point across and it's not being heard or received, but it just seems that Alyssa has from what we see so far, has not even given this guy a chance.  There's a lot to be said about giving a person the benefit of a doubt.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Has Alyssa had work done to her face?  I mean, she's so young.  I honestly didn't even think about that when I looked at her.  She's a very cute young woman but it didn't enter my mind that she had cosmetic work done.  Are there telltale signs to look for???  I guess I am not knowledgable about these things!  

Honored Contributor

@bayflwc 

Thank you for answering my questions.  I think she's really jumping the gun on this if that is what she is basing her rude behaviour on.  I mean, if his friends did say he could be condescending, well, maybe they were just trying to alert her to the fact that he could be a bit of a know it all and by her being aware of this, it would not come as a surprise to her and she would not be caught off guard and would be able to better handle it.  I think she was just looking for a reason to not spend any more time with him and also not to have to be in the same room with him on the first night of their wedding!  It appears, and it was very obvious, that she was not attracted to him in any way, shape or form.  Anybody who had eyes could plainly see that.  If she would not have been so judgmental, she could have gone to their hotel room with him and sat down calmly and said --- I need to discuss these things which your friends said, and then tell him that they disturbed her.  They then could have had a, hopefully, civil discussion about it.  My feelings were she simply was not happy about who she was paired with, or married to, and she wanted no parts of it!  End of story as far as she was concerned.  She did not want to hear anything he had to say or give him a chance to explain or defend himself.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

No matter what any of them looked like on the outside, they should all have been treated with courtesy.  If she had wanted someone who worked out at the gym constantly and was "ripped" --- is that the word? --- and had the face of Rob Lowe (only younger) - then she should have specified!  I think she is a cute young woman, but her actions and behavior are not making her look attractive at all.  

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner 

Yes, I did think that was a goofy thing for him to say --- give a compliment to her flowers right off, instead of her dress or to tell her that she was pretty!  And that comment about having a pout, etc. was good!  Those gold cowboy boots?  What's up with that?  I could see if it was a country wedding or they were in Texas or something but I honestly did not think they went with the gown or setting.  And how about her purchasing 10 gowns before shopping on the -- I assume the show's dime???