Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@Free2be wrote:

@Wsmom  For what it's worth, since I never post the spoilers just because I'm not privvy to them, it seems that Beach Mom ought to weigh in on starting another thread.

The mods might delete it considering it starting a previously deleted thread but if it is renamed differently it should stand.

I think a lot of us would like it as we had it before where choice was nice.

K.  I get a lot of them too.  I think what happeend to the other one was beach mom posted a spoiler in a spoiler bar and that caused upset.   I'll defer to see if beach mom wants one or not.  I can keep the spoilers to myself.  lol

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I get what you're saying about the recruiting thing.  I figured Olajuwon would be the one who would get really wild at the guy's batch party!  Disgusting!  When I saw the woman all over Mark, I was kind of disappointed in him as well.  I don't know --- sometimes it's the ones you think that will not succeed who do the best in the matchups and vice versa.  Too soon to tell.  I'm not getting good vibes from quite a few of them --- men and women!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Tonight is the rest, or maybe just some more, of the MAFS weddings.  Don't forget to watch or set your DVR so we entertain each other with our intuitive insights and speculations.  

I wonder if the weddings will be dragged out over three weeks, I wouldn't be surprised. It's fine with me, it's probably my favorite part of the entire season.  I still forget their names but some of them are becoming memorable already, so I'm getter better at that.

Trusted Contributor

I can't believe they only showed two more weddings.

Michael looked ecstatic when he saw Jasmina.  He seems to be a very nice, but socially awkward kind of guy.  It's uncomfortable watching him, I hope he loosens up. She doesn't seem thrilled with him and must be wondering why they chose him for her. e

Alajuwon(sp?) is so hyper and he's still an immature playboy.  They never should have chosen him at all let alone paired him with someone like her, really ready to settle down.  It will never last, especially since she can't cook.

Hopefully next week we'll see the last two weddings.  I noticed this season we didn't see all the families interactions at the wedding receptions like thy've shown in past seasons.  Or maybe that will be another couple more weeks of show, lol.

Anyone else watching?

Honored Contributor

@decaf, yeah, the reception will probably be next week.  I saw in the previews that one of Katina's relatives is asking Olajuwon what his intentions are.  He didn't look pleased, lol.  They can cut the questions from relatives out, as far as I'm concerned, unless they're going to give good advice for the marriage.  These stern faces they come with is a joke since they have zero input on the theatrics getting ready to happen.  We already know that no one can tell Olajuwon anything.  He's a talker, not a listener.

I might have said this before.......why would MAFS choose a candidate for marriage that's a friend of the worst man that's still married from the show ever....Jephte who's married to Shawniece.  I know she's emotional but, heck, Jephte would make any woman emotional with his cheating.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

I love watching the weddings, they all seem so hopeful during them.  We know it won't stay that way!

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls, I like the weddings too.  But hate when they replay scenes sometimes for the drama of it.....like when the brides are coming and grooms are looking so hard for her moment of entry.  And next week, we get to see it again.  I don't want to see Lindsey turning up her bottle ever again.  Yuk.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Ugh, after watching last night, IMO, they are dragging this on way too much.  We still have 2 more weddings to wait to see.

While I do enjoy watching the "moment they see one another for the first time", I tire of all of the cameras interviewing them and going on and on about how the "day is here" and how they're going to be with their "person" (is that the new word now?)

It's going to be interesting to see what happens once Noi finds out that her new hubby doesn't have a job and spent time and $ travelling around the country for 4 months.  IMO, if I were him, I'd have saved that $ for his future and starting looking for employment.  Speaking for myself, I would not be impressed with a new husband who was not employed.

As for Olajawon (sp?) and Katina (sp?), I don't see it working.  He's still very much a playboy IMO and seems to really love himself, way too much.  Even his friends and I think sister-in-law spoke about that.

Chris and Alyssa?  From the previews, it doesn't look like this will last through the season, unless this more drama they're showing to get us to tune in.

DH and I will continue watching, though, it just seems to drag on way too long IMO.

Regular Contributor

I almost hate to comment because I haven't seen enough yet to formulate my opinions.

I'm still not liking Lindsey and feeling sorry for Mark.  She is going to be a lot of work for him.

On two couples who got married this episode it seems like the guys are the ones with the issues.  Both of the ladies appear to have a lot of class, and one of them, was very tactful on her responses on the afterparty show.  She might have some reservations, but did not say anything derogatory about her husband.

Once we get past next week and the final weddings, hopefully we will see more of how the couples interact. 

I still don't know everyone's names yet, so it is hard to articulate who I am commenting on.

Honored Contributor

@bayflwc, you're right....it's too soon to form opinions but that didn't stop me, lol.  Mark is going to have his hands full with Lindsey and with hi mom and grandmother being his responsibility, Lindsey might be too much.

The weddings this week were more normal except for Olajuwon acting cocky and hyperactive, lol.  I missed the Afterparty, darn it.  I hope MAFS isn't going to keep that awkward schedule of putting some unconnected show in between.  I fell asleep.