Honored Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@Mmsfoxxie 

Lindsey definitely has a potty mouth, and certain comments that might otherwise be overlooked, Mark and others are now on high alert about because it seems she is doing this so much, and people are just getting tired of it.  Also, as you posted, alcohol does seem to really add fule to her fire!  As Mark was saying in a clip when talking to his friend, he just doesn't like this kind of crude behavior and talk (I'm paraphrasing here as I can't remember the exact language he used) in a wife.  I really feel that Lindsey has a good heart and many good qualities but I don't know whether she can ever restrain her mouth!  People can change some things but really how much should you or can you change to be with someone and still be happy and be basically yourself?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I thought we were done with Alyssa but we should have figured that she would not go away quietly!  She has to still shed her croccodile tears and lament that she is a good person and  tried very hard, blah, blah, blah!  Meanwhile, when she talks, they pan to everyone's faces and you see all the eyes and the looks that people have --- like --- uh,o.k., uh, what now???  I really think she believes this is her chance for fame and probably hopes she will be discovered and offered some type of t.v. job.  Meanwhile, maybe her psychic will tell her that her next hubby will be a rodeo cowboy and she will live happily ever after in Texas!  Ye-haw!!!  

Honored Contributor

The relationship with Noi and is it Steve?  Oh, goodness.  I don't understand him at all.  When questioned about his future plans regarding job status, he doubtakes and refuses to give a real answer.  My current take is he seems to feel that it's all well and good for Noi to work every day of the week and never stop and be actually the dependable main provider but he should be able to work occasionally when he feels like, as long as it doesn't interfere with his "self discovery".????  Perhaps he does have a decent savings for now but if he is not planning to work much, how long will this last since he is married and if they would plan on buying a house and having 2 - 3 children?  I don't understand the thing either about the noodles?  Of course, we probably didn't see the whole thing. It seems like Noi probably shouldn't have left and gone off for the night and not responded and then posted things on media.  Not a mature way to handle things.  I had some hopes but now???

Katina and O --- I had more doubt about him at the beginning but now I'm having some weird feelings about her.  Kind of like she is trying to be somebody that she is not.

I can't think of the names of the other couple at the moment.  I don't think they will be compatible at all.  He seems to be always looking for the other shoe to drop and seems kind of looking at things from the downside.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

The relationship with Noi and is it Steve?  Oh, goodness.  I don't understand him at all.  When questioned about his future plans regarding job status, he doubtakes and refuses to give a real answer.  My current take is he seems to feel that it's all well and good for Noi to work every day of the week and never stop and be actually the dependable main provider but he should be able to work occasionally when he feels like, as long as it doesn't interfere with his "self discovery".????  Perhaps he does have a decent savings for now but if he is not planning to work much, how long will this last since he is married and if they would plan on buying a house and having 2 - 3 children?  I don't understand the thing either about the noodles?  Of course, we probably didn't see the whole thing. It seems like Noi probably shouldn't have left and gone off for the night and not responded and then posted things on media.  Not a mature way to handle things.  I had some hopes but now???

Katina and O --- I had more doubt about him at the beginning but now I'm having some weird feelings about her.  Kind of like she is trying to be somebody that she is not.

I can't think of the names of the other couple at the moment.  I don't think they will be compatible at all.  He seems to be always looking for the other shoe to drop and seems kind of looking at things from the downside.  

@AngelPuppy1  WOW you contribute a lot to this thread, I hope the OP appreciates it as much as the rest of us do.                                                                                                                     Even tho this season is a bust, as far as successfull outcomes,( just guessing..no spoiler, no psychic predictions, heck I don't need to be a ****** psychic to declare this mess null and void, and dead in the water), sorry, I digress, ,what I meant to say I like your insight into the nooks & crannies & strange goings on -w-this bunch, and there  certainly are some peculiarities and strong willed people..

First off I keep meaning to ask you guys ( & I'm sure unless you're comatose) you've seen that preview Over & over with Olajuwon sitting at a table -w- the whole group, & he remarks "They spit on me"! ...I have yet to see that in any episode & it seems kindof extreme..I have no clue what he's talking about..does anyone else? 

As far as the nameless one's you mentioned, that being Jasmina & Michael, I did like that friend of hers that MAFS made sure and pointed out has been engaged for 8 years, like we care, but anyway when Jasmina said these are Michael's strong headed imperfections, her friend responded : "Uh gee, that sounds just like you Jasmina".whoa!  Probably should have dug up another "friendly- fire -friend" for this segment..I'm surprised they didn't edit that.                                                                                   .I really think sometimes the women can get away with more ******, on that show, & the guys are expected to be slightly cringey& wild. and of course Olajuwon is their perfect pet for this assignment,,Michael is a choir boy, Steve is their geek and mystery man this time, Chris was their philanthropist, financial helper of sorts, and Mark was the go-to-guy, Mr. All Around Nice Guy, Maybe.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 - I have a question since I think I missed something. Who was that girl Alyssa was sitting with? She sure didn't seem like she knew Chris and I believe I heard she was not at the wedding.

Perhaps Alyssa's other friends are tired of her nonsense and she rounded up this gal because she knows nothing?

Thanks - Riley1

Super Contributor

Here's a statement (not me) from someone on a social media site about Steve and Noi,  especially pertaining to Steve's peculiarities and not being forthcoming lately, not saying I agree, not with all of it..Just curious what everyone thought..& maybe they're too boring to care, but they were in the running until recently for a success story, now I'm not sure as NoodleGate entered the picture:-(

quote/  It's not his fault though. The experts/producers knew what they were doing with this match. They wanted this conflict to come up. They both could have been on this show not wasting anyone's time if they were paired with someone compatible.                                                        I also believe he wants a more traditional life once kids are in the picture. He seems very reasonable and emotionally intelligent too. So I'm pretty sure if they make it,  he knows he can't hold off on kids for too long, as the clock is ticking he's 38. /unquote   

Respected Contributor

This used to be my favorite show but now I am bored with it.  I will probably hang in for a while.  Noi and Steve and Lindsey and Mark are the only ones I watch.  I FF through the other two.  Jasmina is alway so down and depressed looking.  I get so distracted with the fake hair and long fake nails and eyelashes and Nois two toned hair.

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner 

I didn't hear that comment about the "spitting"?  I thought that was good that Jasmina's friend seemed honest with her.  Jasmina and Michael both seem to be very hard-headed and what she said seemed correct -- when they think they are right --- they don't want to budge or compromise!  I think if the "experts" would call out both the husbands and wives on what they feel and see are problems and issues, they would all be a lot better off.  As the old saying goes --- the truth hurts!  

Honored Contributor

@riley1 

I thought she was a friend of hers who was not able to go to the wedding.  I liked that she said something about Alyssa being a little hard on guys in the past and that she would have liked to have met Chris so she could have formed an opinion of her own.  Obviously, people in Alyssa's life have coddled and babied her, not telling her what she needs to hear, but what she wants to hear.  Sad in a way, because they are not doing her any favors.  

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

Here's a statement (not me) from someone on a social media site about Steve and Noi,  especially pertaining to Steve's peculiarities and not being forthcoming lately, not saying I agree, not with all of it..Just curious what everyone thought..& maybe they're too boring to care, but they were in the running until recently for a success story, now I'm not sure as NoodleGate entered the picture:-(

quote/  It's not his fault though. The experts/producers knew what they were doing with this match. They wanted this conflict to come up. They both could have been on this show not wasting anyone's time if they were paired with someone compatible.                                                        I also believe he wants a more traditional life once kids are in the picture. He seems very reasonable and emotionally intelligent too. So I'm pretty sure if they make it,  he knows he can't hold off on kids for too long, as the clock is ticking he's 38. /unquote   

@GypsyVanner 

So much of the stuff we see is probably edited for drama!  No doubt that Steve is a very intelligent man, and Noi seems very intelligent, as well.  I also think that he would like to have a family life and children, but is he willing to compromise and provide Noi with what she needs --- a stable environment, a partner with a steady income, so that she is not the sole, steady provider?  As far as his age of 38 and children, I don't see that as a problem.  I don't know Noi's age -- is she the same age?  If so, yes, I can see where this might be starting to be a concern.  If she's several years younger, then, not as much.  However, Noi - and rightly so --- seems to want the stability to be a settled issue before she commits to children.