Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@tends2dogs 

You're probably right about it not being the "experts" but the producers, etc. because of wanting more drama and higher ratings for the show!  

I definitely think it is the producers' jobs to make as much drama and conflict as possible, find a great "water cooler" storyline,  but the "experts" do a terrible job of matching...at least in the last two seasons.  I have not paid close enought attention to this one.

Regular Contributor

I just finished watching last night's episode + the 'after party'.  I had recorded it since I always fall asleep anymore, no matter what I'm watching.

What to say about Mark and Lindsey....  I already feel sorry for Mark.  He seems like a nice, sincere guy, who really wants a partner to love and share / have a life with.

Lindsey is a real piece of work.  She is very over the top and reminds me a lot of Beth, of Jamie and Beth, and how she initially acted in her season.  So much of how she behaved throughout the whole episode seemed to be intended to be the center of attention at all times.  I hope she will tone it down.  I don't like her - at least what I have seen of her so far.  She seems very crude - or as we would say, back in the day - Crude, crass and socially unacceptable.

Looking forward to the next episode and the rest of the weddings.  I'll reserve any comments on them until I have seen how they interact.

I guess the 'after party' is the Unfiltered replacement?  Does anyone know?

Esteemed Contributor

@bayflwc , yes, to my understanding The After Party is replacing Unfiltered.  

I just got done watching the MAFS episdode.. I watched a bit of After Party last night but fell asleep.

Yeah, some of the people on this show!  It will be intersting to see how it all plays out.  I don't know anybody's name yet to be able to comment on them aside from the Shark couple and she is a lot!

Trusted Contributor

It sure doesn't seem like the "experts" have any input anymore into who's matched with who.  I'd love to know the reasoning behind matching Lindsay and Mark both of them  hyper motor mouths. I suspect a little ADHD in both of them

A better question is why did they chose that  Lindsay at all?  Why do that to a nice guy who's looking for real love and a real marriage?  I'm afraid she's going to run over him like a runaway train.  I want to see compatible matches..

Respected Contributor

Since I have heard so much about it being staged and not real  I watch for entertainnment not like they are real people looking for love. Hard to decide who might be real and looking for a real marriage not their fun time on TV.    I have known couples who have happy marriages and are very much alike and compatible and some couples who are complete opposites that work.  As far as watching it all on TV, the happiest couples are the most boring to watch like Bobby and Danielle.  I am happy for them and glad it worked out but a snore to watch them.  My favorites to watch are Lindsey and Mark and Noi and her match.  I see that Lauren and Alexi are having a show.  I like them a lot but that would be boring to watch them. 

I wish they would have a senior version. That would have a whole different set of problems.  Probably younger people would not watch.  

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie 

Oh, that was awful!  I think it's great to be lively and have some fun, but she just goes totally overboard!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@bayflwc wrote:

I just finished watching last night's episode + the 'after party'.  I had recorded it since I always fall asleep anymore, no matter what I'm watching.

What to say about Mark and Lindsey....  I already feel sorry for Mark.  He seems like a nice, sincere guy, who really wants a partner to love and share / have a life with.

Lindsey is a real piece of work.  She is very over the top and reminds me a lot of Beth, of Jamie and Beth, and how she initially acted in her season.  So much of how she behaved throughout the whole episode seemed to be intended to be the center of attention at all times.  I hope she will tone it down.  I don't like her - at least what I have seen of her so far.  She seems very crude - or as we would say, back in the day - Crude, crass and socially unacceptable.

Looking forward to the next episode and the rest of the weddings.  I'll reserve any comments on them until I have seen how they interact.

@bayflwc 

Yes, the after party!  Lindsey is already creating drama!  She is already singling out one of the other women - just because she was not being crude and rowdy???  Well, this is going along with what I posted earlier about how there is so much more drama and upset occuring with all of the couples and/or the men and the women getting together.  It should be more about the individual couples and their relationships.  Not - how the couples all get along -- or don't get along --- with each other.  I think Lindsey was so nasty with all the derogatory comments she was making about Mark during the after party.  I mean --- she is no super model herself and that mouth of hers???  Goodness!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@bayflwc wrote:

@bayflwc 

Yes, the after party!  Lindsey is already creating drama!  She is already singling out one of the other women - just because she was not being crude and rowdy???  Well, this is going along with what I posted earlier about how there is so much more drama and upset occuring with all of the couples and/or the men and the women getting together.  It should be more about the individual couples and their relationships.  Not - how the couples all get along -- or don't get along --- with each other.  I think Lindsey was so nasty with all the derogatory comments she was making about Mark during the after party.  I mean --- she is no super model herself and that mouth of hers???  Goodness!  

@AngelPuppy1 , you hit the nail on the head IMO.  And I believe I heard Jasmina (I think that's her name) say she was recruited by the show.  So....... here we go again.

After watching the loooooooong 3 hour first one and then the "after party", I thought Lindsey said she is a classy broad - IMO, more like "crass".

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf wrote:

It sure doesn't seem like the "experts" have any input anymore into who's matched with who.  I'd love to know the reasoning behind matching Lindsay and Mark both of them  hyper motor mouths. I suspect a little ADHD in both of them

A better question is why did they chose that  Lindsay at all?  Why do that to a nice guy who's looking for real love and a real marriage?  I'm afraid she's going to run over him like a runaway train.  I want to see compatible matches..

@decaf , absolutely for the drama she is bringing.  She is all everybody is talking about.  Mission accomplished as far as they are concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

After watching the After Party, at this point there does not seem to be the closeness that there was with the girls in past seasons.  Definite different body language.  It could be as simple as they are all sick of the lightening rod stealing every moment of camera time and when she is not on it will be a completely different vibe.   A little of her goes a long way and hopefully it does not become The Lindsey Show, like it was with Paige and Chris.  If so I won't last long this season.