Honored Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@ciao_bella, you slept through seeing Alyssa dressed like she was going to a formal dinner with the king & queen.  I can't wait til reunion day cause the previews show Lindsey giving her the blues about texting her 😒 boo.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@ciao_bella, you slept through seeing Alyssa dressed like she was going to a formal dinner with the king & queen.  I can't wait til reunion day cause the previews show Lindsey giving her the blues about texting her 😒 boo.

@Mmsfoxxie , good post.  If Alyssa really is messaging/texting Mark, I'd be angry about that as well.  And if he gave her his number, then bad on him IMO.  Alyssa likes herself way too much and I think she's nothing but a "pot stirrer".  

I know alot on here don't like Lindsey; however, I do see her point(s) in how she feels.  She does have a quick temper with regard to some things and does need to work on those.  

Mark needs to tell Alyssa to stop with the texting/messages and focus on his marriage.  Alyssa will do nothing but add more fuel to the fire IMO.

And if I hear one more time that "she's a really nice person", I will scream.  She never gave Chris a chance.  I mean, if you're not attracted to someone, it cannot be forced (which is what I think Jasmeana is doing) and leading him on.  It's evident since they announced they're not going to live together.  However, back to Alyssa.  Just because you're not attracted to someone doesn't mean you're allowed to treat them like krap.

Honored Contributor

Just watched the decision show last night.  I guessed that Mark and Lindsey would stay together and that Jasmeena and Michae would stay together.  

I don't feel any of the couples were getting along that great.  I didn't actually feel any of them should have said "Yes."

I felt the best couple was Steve and Noi.  I have been annoyed with him because he didn't appear to have a job, but he obviously has money saved up.  And, of course, the show is heavily edited as we know.  Noi does not appear that she would be the easiest to get along with and has a lot of issues and it seemed like Steve always tried his hardest to be accommodating.  She kept saying she wanted to live separately but at the end when they were moving out of the provided apartment she said they should live together if they were going to have a family! I thought when they all got together afterward and Steve gave her that ring -- that was really nice.  And that ring --- was gorgeous!

At first I didn't care for Michael and thought he would be the problem but as time went out I saw that Jasmeena is problematic.  I really don't think she really cares about him and this will end shortly.  If she can't even kiss him, then something is wrong.  Michael is a very attractive man and tried very hard to please her.

O and Kateena -- I was saying --- please, please, Kateena, say  NO.  He should have indicated in his wants that he needed to marry a Chief or a Cook!  That seems to be all that he is worried about.  He is rude, arrogant and a male chauvinist.  She stayed with him so she deserves what she gets!

Lindsey and Mark are a train wreck together.  She is loud and aggressive.  She basically has a good heart but she is who she is and she's not gonna change.

As far as Alyssa being there --- well, of course --- she had to be there.  Look at me, look at me --- I'm so cute and don't forget -- I'm a good person!!!  And if she really has been keeping in contact with Mark, well, it takes 2 --- and shame on him!  

I can't wait for the reunion and it looks like there will be some fireworks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

The only couple I had hopes for from the beginning were Steve and Noi. But on DD, I thought none of them would stay together.

Noi is not ready for a husband and 3 children IMO.

Katina looks like she's been worn down by Ola, and has just given up.

Jasmina has no feelings for Michael and should let him go find someone else.

Lindsey is a loud mouth overbearing pain in the tush. I don't see how anyone could put up with her.

Hope you're feeling much better soon @AngelPuppy1 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

While misandry  refers to a hatred for men, misogyny is the opposite condition: absolute hatred against women. There are certain attributes that separate the concept of misandry with that of misogyny./per my trusted bing search../

Anyway was just thinking about the cast and misfit crew of this season of Mafs-Boston and I really think we have the perfect examples of 1 person being a misandry (of course this is a female cast member) as well as one person being a misogyonist (male) ..I will wait to see what you guys think.

I realize this is rather extreme thinking but I really think this was probably as close as we come to a season of outcasts and deviants that we've seen so far...and yet they supposedly all say YES to their matchup and carrying on??? Yikes and their progeny will live among us...

Super Contributor

I had  no idea & I'm going by something someone posted elsewhere..changed the language (:-) up to temper it a little:

MAFS-USA has had 1 recorded death threat, 2 arrests for assault, 3 Civil Restraining Orders, 2 couples legally separated immediately after Honeymoon, 1 groom was convicted for domestic abuse but Production waited to tell his bride until after Final Vows, 2 marriages were Annulled the week before the season started on TV,Repo$$e$$ed told his new wife about his pregnant ex on Day 3 of their marriage.                                                                                           1 bride was detained for 2 days by the Department of Homeland Security at the airport for outstanding arrest warrant(s) while trying to leave for her honeymoon…1 Expert (Dr. Jessica) married a groom (Jon after his divorce),                     It     keeps the lawyers busy

Respected Contributor

@GypsyVanner , after reading your last post, you're correct.

DH and I have been watching since the first season when it was on a different network with different "pros" other than Dr. Pepper.

There have been some real doozies in the past; after seeing the way they are vetted (and I use that term very loosely), there's no way if I were younger, I'd want to go on the show or be interested.

This show has really changed over the years IMO, and not necessarily for the best, yet we keep watching.  

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner, yes, your info is correct except for the info about the doctor and Jon.  If they are married, it just happened very recently.  Due to Covid and I can't remember the other reason, they had to postpone their wedding.  She and Jon had much more in common than that gaslighter of a wife he had.

I'd love to see a synopsis of the goings on through the years at MAFS AUS.  They run circles around MAFS US in 'marital' cheating, fighting, back stabbing and being recruited.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  WROTE : I'd love to see a synopsis of the goings on through the years at MAFS AUS.  They run circles around MAFS US in 'marital' cheating, fighting, back stabbing and being recruited.  //unquote

Yes but Mafs-Aus is meant to be "sensational" and they pull out "all the stops". With their strict divorce laws in Australia/New Zealand this same marital format as MAFS-USA could never legally be used and pass the smell test :-( They do not recite commitment vows or use a legally ordained minister, or rabbi, or person of choice.Even their final ceremony, when they supposedly commit is not legally binding.

At first I felt this format was a joke & contributed to Mafs-Aus demise, but now I just mellow out, chill, & yell @ Big "O" :-)

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner, the not being legally married is the part that I think turned me from it at first.  Of course if they're not married the brain will not let them take the vows (marital words) serious.  Most of them are actors, I've heard.  In other words, if we take it for what it, we can enjoy it.  It's more extreme than I would like, though.  I'm hearing that this season is the worse...they've observed past shows and some want to be an up and coming YouTube influencer.  Ella and Dom are making big money.  Olivia and Tamara are trying but struggling.