Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@ciao_bella wrote:

The person that surprised me the most saying yes was Jasmina.  I thought for sure she was going to do a thumbs down.  I think you're all right when you say the show's editing gives you a totally different view of what's really going on in their lives.  

While they all said yes, I don't see most of them staying together more than a year.  I'm going to go out on a limb here, though, and predict that Jasmina and Michael will be the only couple that will stay together.  She realizes that he's a really good guy with many good traits and probably the only man who has proven to conform to her strict standards and hard to please attitude.  

@ciao_bella , that is quite the limb!!!!   could very well be though,    I think the only couple with a chance is Steve and Noi because I think she knows exactly what she has and most of their drama was heavily edited for the show.  Maybe O and Katina for the same reasons, they edited O or he was creating drama for the show.   

Trusted Contributor

Either the editing is way off what we see or they financially encouraged these couples to stay together for awhile.  So when we see them next at the Reunion,  how much time has usally passed since they agreed to stay together.  I just don't see any of them making it in the long haul.  I just think it's a bit wierd that you would not have at least "kissed" you husband in two months.  I get that they are strangers when they meet so I wouldn't be ready to do much,  but after a month of living with them constantly if we didn't at least kiss then I think it would be a problem.

Super Contributor

@wsmom WROTE TO >>>@ciao_bella   that is quite the limb!!!!   could very well be though,    I think the only couple with a chance is Steve and Noi because I think she knows exactly what she has and most of their drama was heavily edited for the show.  Maybe O and Katina for the same reasons, they edited O or he was creating drama for the show.   

ME TO >>@ciao_bella I saw your comment about Jasmina & Michael (we both agree it was a surprise that they both said "yes"..but NO kiss afterwards and the first thing she said was at the apartments that "she" and "he" were not living together at first..Hmm!

ME TO>>@Wsmom   I tend to think Noi and Steve too, because she found her baby Daddy, & the first thing out of her mouth, when they were exiting the apartment ,was that she was moving in with him SO (editing at play here for sure).

ME To>> @TurnerGal That comment you made about a financial incentive added in to stay together really hit home with me too..This was "so off" about them all staying together. and pardon my lack of empathy for the fake tears by Pastor Cal, sorry I didn't buy it..he's not a good enough actor.

Esteemed Contributor

As a complete aside, I wonder what ever happened to @decaf .   She hasn't posted on either of the sites, this or ProBoards, in a couple of months.  I hope she is ok and just taking a break or she has just chosen to start posting under a new name.

Super Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

Either the editing is way off what we see or they financially encouraged these couples to stay together for awhile.  So when we see them next at the Reunion,  how much time has usually passed since they agreed to stay together.  I just don't see any of them making it in the long haul.  I just think it's a bit weird that you would not have at least "kissed" your husband in two months.  I get that they are strangers when they meet so I wouldn't be ready to do too much,  but after a month of living with them constantly if we didn't at least kiss then I think it would be a problem.

@TurnerGal  as far as a timeline this is just a quess-estimate.. ..but they married (this Boston bunch) the end of July..spent time on honeymoon (week or 10 days) so we're into August...spent 2 months in those apartments..so mid-October. Made their decison ..in October...The reunion was late February in LA ..so about four months after the DD. debacle.

I want to address something I caught too with Lindsey's tirade about Mark and his obsession with social media (separate post).

Alyssa at that final "meet and greet" on the top of the building? why"? I know Chris was there, but why her? I really liked that Chris seemed calm, and looked really good, and said that he was dating..good for him..

Alyssa looked puffy in the face, and unhappy, even tho she tried to fake it. She tried to slink in with Katina , but Olajuwon looked a little annoyed. Jasmina just had to compliment Alyssa's look. I wish they would have ignored her as Alyssa never, ever says anything nice to anyone else.Never! 

When they took turns announcing their decisions, with each one, I saw Alyssa look more and more almost upset..They all said "yes",  and she was a failure..there's more to come with the reunion and her.

Respected Contributor

What a strange show last night IMO.  

And the last person we all  needed to see/hear from is Alyssa with her "I'm really a good person" krap.  I noticed at the end when they were all together, no one really talked to her very much.  Good luck to her in finding her "person".

It was nice seeing Chris and he really looked quite happy.  Good for him to be dating again.

As for Jasmeana, as I call her, IMO, she's in it for the $ and just wanted to stay in the marriage to show she's a good person - HA! what a joke.  It was interesting to hear afterwards they are NOT going to live together - well, as Bill Engvall, the comedian says "Here's your sign".

Out of all of them, it appears to me none will stay together for the long haul.  JMO.

Trusted Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

@TurnerGal wrote:

Either the editing is way off what we see or they financially encouraged these couples to stay together for awhile.  So when we see them next at the Reunion,  how much time has usually passed since they agreed to stay together.  I just don't see any of them making it in the long haul.  I just think it's a bit weird that you would not have at least "kissed" your husband in two months.  I get that they are strangers when they meet so I wouldn't be ready to do too much,  but after a month of living with them constantly if we didn't at least kiss then I think it would be a problem.

@TurnerGal  as far as a timeline this is just a quess-estimate.. ..but they married (this Boston bunch) the end of July..spent time on honeymoon (week or 10 days) so we're into August...spent 2 months in those apartments..so mid-October. Made their decison ..in October...The reunion was late February in LA ..so about four months after the DD. debacle.

I want to address something I caught too with Lindsey's tirade about Mark and his obsession with social media (separate post).

Alyssa at that final "meet and greet" on the top of the building? why"? I know Chris was there, but why her? I really liked that Chris seemed calm, and looked really good, and said that he was dating..good for him..

Alyssa looked puffy in the face, and unhappy, even tho she tried to fake it. She tried to slink in with Katina , but Olajuwon looked a little annoyed. Jasmina just had to compliment Alyssa's look. I wish they would have ignored her as Alyssa never, ever says anything nice to anyone else.Never! 

When they took turns announcing their decisions, with each one, I saw Alyssa look more and more almost upset..They all said "yes",  and she was a failure..there's more to come with the reunion and her.

@GypsyVanner thanks for time line.  Now that they have had 4 months alone with each other,  I will be surprised if any of them are together.

I did notice last night Alyssa said she hadn't seen any of them since the bowling alley.  Lindsey had said she was hanging out at their roof top of the apartment and texting poeple.  

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella, don't worry, Jasmina will have her "no" ready by reunion day, guaranteed.  

There's no amount of editing that could have taken the abusiveness from what we saw from Olajuwon.  If Katina likes it, I love it.

I knew all alone that Steve and Noi were faking their arguments for the sake of drama so no surprise that they stayed together.

We all know that Lindsey will drive Mark insane so by reunion day, they might be.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

It appears that Steve and Noi are actually in love, I feel they have a very good chance of succeeding.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie   Mr. Sandman must have gotten to me before the episode was completely over. The last I remembered was seeing all of them saying yes and then it went to commercial.  That's when lights went out for me.   So, I didn't get to see anything else.  Did I miss much?

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!