Super Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1WROTE:

@GypsyVanner , yes the after party was more lively than usual. 

IMO (and you're certainly allowed yours), most of the show seemed to be alot of Jasmeana.  I just don't care for her as she seems to be self absorbed.  I feel for Michael as I don't think she wants any part of him and is staying for the $.  He deserves better.

As much as people don't like Lindsey, there's a part of me that likes her.  She is feeling like she's not "heard" with regard to words such as "hyper, etc."  I'll tell you this:  for a long period of time in my life, I went through some of how she is feeling.  If it wouldn't have been for my dear father, I'd not gotten through life.  Many times, I was asked a question, but would get interrupted with other conversation and it makes one feel "mostly invisible".  I believe Lindsey might have gone through that earlier in her life and it really does s u c k.  She might also feel that she cannot say anything right or do anything right in his eyes.  I do; however, think if they can work on their ways of communicating, they could make the marriage work.

As for Steve/Noi - I don't see it working, though I was surprised at what Dr. Pepper said about her "now" marriage.  IMO, Noi wants kids so bad that she is in this marriage.  I wouldn't want to have kids and be living apart from my husband.  What does that teach the kids?  (rhetorical).

Ola/Katina - IMO, their relationship is a roller coaster ride; I have no idea what'll happen./unquote

@HisElk1 @colliegirls 

I meant to include colliegirls earlier as far as Mafs-Aus, as I noticed both her and @AngelPuppy1  have threads in here as well. I'm not good -w- all those names on there, but the personalities are all over the place..I am so surprised at the differences between our Country and the Australian's as well, in their sanctity of marriage & vows.

On to what @HisElk1 said above..I DO agree that Jasmeana is getting "lots" of coverage, much more than all three other wives. The more tho that they cover her, the more Michael seems to be "deep in thought" & he's reevaluating his own priorities. He went from saying that he had to learn to set aside his needs for hers.To not being sure what more he can do for her.

Steve/Noi..first address the elephant in the room, a Dr./shrink/ that lives apart from her spouse at her age. That hardly speaks to a healthy relationship, I don't care what the reasoning is. Unless Steve gives an affirmative, I have my doubts now about them.

Katina & Olajuwon..oh boy..Now he's giving her a way out? why? He has never been known to be the selfless caring guy. I keep thinking, what's in it for him? I think for some reason they are both going to say "yes", but not sure now.

Lindsey & Mark..I am like you @HisElk1 I have a small part of me that can relate to her. The "not being heard". I grew up being told that "kids are made to be seen but not heard". My maternal Grandma was very firm about this, and she passed it along. I never would even finish a sentence & -w- 6 sibs that meant not getting a word in edgewise.. Not like Lindsey never talks, but she sure Isn't being heard. Neither is Mark for that matter, they just derail each other..But the thing is their good moments are so good, like the 14 year old cat with lung disease. That made me tear up too. so tender.

I have no clue now what happens on decision day, but I do think there will be some surprises as there is nothing predictable about this bunch.

Trusted Contributor

I watched about half of last night's MAFS.  It is a bit boring.  I am not really sure who will stay together.  With the editing you never know.  Maybe some of them do well most of the time and the camera just catches the bad moments?  I guess we will find out soon.

I was very obsessed with MAFS Aus.  It is availabe in the US on a website for free.  I have already seen the entire season.  I won't give any spoilers,  I loved the first half of the season and the couples.  This is the first season of MAFS AUS I have watched.  I think some of you said it tends to be the same that later on some couples mix and fight.  All I will say is that happens this season and towards the end I lost interest.  

Honored Contributor

The American version definitely moves at a much slower pace than the Australian version, that's for sure.  I find myself constantly saying to the t.v. screen --- let's just get on with it!  I was watching the last episode and thinking -- it feels like they have all been married forever -- it's been dragging on for so long!  I'm at the point where it's like what difference does it make if they all just say "Yes" on decision day or "No".  I mean --- they're married and if they say yes, they might stay together for a bit and then get divorced or they might actually work out for the long run.  If they say no, they still have time to think about it, as they won't be instantly divorced!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I fell asleep about an hour and almost a half through the episode.  I don't have a way of watching the remaining part of the episode unless I re-watch the entire episode from the beginning, which I decided I'm not doing.  I didn't see the After Party either.  

I guess my indifference about it says it all.  I'm assuming next week will be the beginning of DD.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella, don't worry.  You didn't miss anything.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
QVC Customer Care

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

WELL  ..well.. being the unlinked one I will start this out after last nite's boring torturous diatribe of prolonged season 14 from hell..

Now we not only get two hours "of that" we get next week's "experts from wherever" analyzing and re******yzing to the point of futility..about something we could care less about..Can we say BORING! just end it please.

Finally, the following first 2 Wednesday's in May ..YES, just 4 couples..but they need 4 hours and 2 shows to end it. Kill me now!

Olajuwon keeps teasing us with hints that he's turned into this selfless, all caring one that wants whats best for "his wife", whats her name , oh yeah, Katina..She looks like a different person since the wedding day, not in a good way either.

Jasmina is a royal PITA, with her sour face and stiff jaw. Would it kill her to crack a smile? I think Michael should cut his losses and move on. I'm not so sure his sisters were 100% onboard with him prolonging this either, they just wanted him to make his own decision. I think earlier (esp. the one sitting across the table from him , cannot remember names), really was all in for Jasmina, not now.

Lindsey and Mark are still just skating along..I have no clue what either will say on DD, but I'm guessing (well I know from the past) that 1 yes and 1 no will not keep it going any longer.

Noi just irks me more and more each week..The immature brat wants to live apart, and thanks to Dr. Pepper she feels vindicated and justified in her decision.

Steve is sortof hinting that Noi has a "for the cameras Noi" and a "behind the scenes Noi", some of her responses would just make me end it. Earlier on, I thought she was immature, & maybe comical, or trying to be, but now I say she's sarcastic and snotty, as if there's a difference. Her babyface fits her personna.

Respected Contributor

Watched it last night too, although I fell asleep the last 15 or 20 minutes before the end...not that it mattered much.

Noi is probably the most immature person MAFS has had in any season.  Even the pitch of her voice grates on me.  Why in the world would Steve be wanting to surprise her with a beautiful diamond ring (which by the way, looked very expensive) if she wants to live apart from him but have a baby with him.  I thought, out of all of them, he had it 'all together'. I'm now having doubts about him and his judgement.

I'm glad O's friend told him, you have to decide is traveling more important to you than your marriage.  I'm not a fan of O's and, have always thought and still do, think he's too into himself to consider any concessions for Katina.  

Lindsey seemed much more calm this week and not loud and obnoxious.  That demeanor suits her much better, but Mark knows deep inside him, that he'll never have a happy marriage under those circumstances.  But, will he choose the right decision?

I wish Jasmina would stop playing up to the camera.  She's not interested in Michael, never has been,  but she doesn't want to come off looking like Alyssa, Wicked Witch of the West.  Michael deserves to have someone who truly cares for him.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@GypsyVanner , I cannot add anything to your post.  @ciao_bella , your post is spot on as well.

Last night's show was a snooze fest for both DH and I.  

Out of all the couples, I don't see any of them staying together.  Noi is IMO, only wanting to be married to have kids.  If Steve gives her the ring, which I believe I read it said "lab created", he's nuts.

Jasmeana (I know this is spelled wrong, but I feel she's mean) is only in this for the $ they pay them.  She's a diva and it's all about her.  Run, Michael, run.

Regular Contributor

I thought the whole thing with the ring was more of a placement ad for the online ring company. I doubt Steve is actually paying for it.

At his point, they all should cut their losses and move on with their lives as single people.