Honored Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@AngelPuppy1, separate dwellings and honeymoon places probably got to be too expensive.  Plus, the couples being together helps create the drama that the producers love.  Easier to plan activities, etc.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Easter color of font here today..Might be too hard on the old eyes!

will go back to normal ASAP.

One thing I noticed too about the apartment living arrangements is the close proximity, just within the dang building. Hope those walls are well padded and sound proof! As I saw Steve & Mark or maybe Lindsey practically trip over each other, and bang their entryway doors together, upon leaving for that long 3 hour drive to Peru, Vermont for the retreat.They are right across the hallway from each other..These are brand new apt's. too, why not space them out a little.                                                                                               Again like @Mmsfoxxie says it's probably a monetary thing, and keeping them within close proximity to catch any spontaneity, if there even is such a thing with this bunch anymore.. if ever I find out that they rehearse beforehand for these scenes I'm done with this bunch.                                                         But just like @HisElk1 said & maybe @AngelPuppy1 & others as well, here I am back again "martyring myself" why I don't know. Okay I'm semi-retired and used to working 45 -50 hours a week..

Oh and Happy Hoppy Easter too! My ham awaits baking:-)

EDITED TO ADD:  There was actually a season or two when they had to pay for and find their own apartments. Can you imagine that? It might even include the previous Boston-Mafs season and that would be a bite in the budget as Boston is not a cheap place for housing. Even these new apartments are like 3K a month.

Respected Contributor

Even if sure and have shared their decision, minds can change at the last minute, especially depending on what the first person might say.  Is Production in on it?  Maybe.  The end result hinges on how much pain they've been through in the weeks previous vs hope for any happiness -- which isn't a lot given the set-ups the show places in their paths.  For instance, the game asking who is most likely to start a fight.  All of those questions should have been only between the couples, not the group.  It was a set-up for bullying and drama only for the show itself.  A horrible thing to do to couples ostensibly there looking for lasting love.

Now that the show and it's workings are well known, any new couple would be smart to ignore as much of its trappings as possible and use every minute to get to know one another behind closed doors, play the show's game knowing it is separate from their reality which they'll have to steal for their relationship to survive. 
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Free2be    WROTE:

Now that the show and it's workings are well known, any new couple would be smart to ignore as much of its trappings as possible and use every minute to get to know one another behind closed doors, play the show's game knowing it is separate from their reality which they'll have to steal for their relationship to survive. 
@Free2be  What you said made a whole lot of sense. I'm also referring to your quote above and wondering how they do that if they're forced into these group outings on a regular basis, which I'm sure (based on the drama) we will see more of.
Maybe a Noi headache was the right idea. With Dr.Pepper and Pastor Cal listening in in  the previews I just knew that was going to be a crapshoot filled with every ounce of drama they could eek out, and they did. Of course the cast doesn't have the advantage, or foresight, that we do as an audience, to see what's coming..But they have to know to avoid some get togethers, for their own good,even if they're the most mellow couple out there in Mafs history.
  When people wonder why some of us have started watching MAFS-Aus. after dealing with this American version of it I think we all know it's a reality show & with the stricter divorce laws in Australia and the fact that those MAFS-Aus. couples don't really legally  get married, my own expectations are at a lot lower level, as in they've lowered the bar for me, and I almost expect it not to work out, and when it really does I'm totally surprised..For example there was one couple, the nicest, sweetest Mafs-Aus. matchup that ended up married and last I heard were having a baby which probably happened over two years ago by now..I wish I could think of their names..Was an explosive season with Heidi, Michael, Cyrell,  Inis, Sam, Bronson, Elizabeth, Mick and others..Inis being their villain.
 Edited to Add> It was Cam (Cameron)  & the vivacious redhead Jules from season 6..Their baby girl, Oliver was born in October of 2020. If ever you want to see a love story like Woody & Amani, it would be Jules & Cam.. 

Respected Contributor

I know couples have to go along with the get-togethers but they can plan ahead to not add drama or at least agree that any they add is for show and not for the other to take seriously.  They could talk about it later when alone, go over what they really felt about their own situation or about any other couple or individual they were being pressured to snark on

Maybe I'm seeing it through impossible eyes, I would just hope anyone signing on for a serious relationship has an unimpeded chance.

Of this group, Steve ranks highest, imo, but it takes two.  Maybe he has reason for not discussing his finances with a woman who clearly has some design on them, until he's certain of her intentions and maturity. 

I cannot imagine trying to learn to know someone and make so many adjustments with camara people and production crew around.  I guess the couples earn their money if nothing else.

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner 

Yes, I'm sure it probably has a lot to do with the money the show is spending.  I really feel the show started to go down hill when they started doing this group thing, instead of having it being about the couples being on their own and doing their own thing.  And I do remember the couples getting separate places to live.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

This whole thing about being "part of production" vs "being part of your own relationship", just makes me mad. What the hell did they invest all this energy into a reality MAFS situation for if all they're doing is performing for the cameras with little thought about the outcome of their own situation? It's just plain stupid, money incentive or no money incentive.

I'm sorry but I even see Steve being "part of production" after the 14th episode at the retreat..Case in point>bringing up the long buried fight on the ****** airplane, and asking who was at fault..Lindesy or Olajuwon? who the hell cares anymore???

ALSO if it wasn't for closed captioning I would have missed this statement by Jasmina ..when they started to seat themselves..Mark immediately went for a place by Michael..Jasmina said to MTS,  ["I know about you guys and your bromancing and everything going on."] There was more said and she looked irritated. What was going on there?

Respected Contributor

Did anyone watch last night's episode?  I won't give any spoilers away as IMO, it was one of those shows when I felt like I wasn't going to make it to the end.

It seemed somewhat boring to me.  

I was glad to hear the After party is done with for this season.  Most of the show is showing past clips of the episode.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

Did anyone watch last night's episode?  I won't give any spoilers away as IMO, it was one of those shows when I felt like I wasn't going to make it to the end.

It seemed somewhat boring to me.  

I was glad to hear the After party is done with for this season.  Most of the show is showing past clips of the episode.

@HisElk1I feel like I watched it and must have slept thru a bunch of it..bring on the spoilers..it's all spoilers right now (:-) as I feel like I have amnesia.. and than there's MAFS-AUS..omg!! that show just keeps us grounded in contrast.. Mitch is quite limber Isn't he?  The minute I saw him I kept thinking "male stripper". oops this is MAFS-Boring-Bostonia-bedwetters-to-be-continued.

I'll wait for you to synopsis or critique it @HisElk1  and anyone else..I will say the AfterParty was lively..I'm waiting for the social media snobs to attack Lindsey's choice of attire, but it's funny, so far..nothing major..I happen to like red and I thought it was pretty and not ill fitting..When on an earlier epi. of AP someone wore a flaming pink rabbit suit I refrained from commenting at all. Same with last week's (retreat) nude colored uni-tard in the final breakfast scene before they headed home..It's all good:-)

Respected Contributor

@GypsyVanner , yes the after party was more lively than usual. 

As for Lindsey's choice of dress, it looked fine to me.  However, I realize that she has haters and we all know how that goes.  One of the many reasons I'm not into the social media stuff.  I don't need anymore stress in my life, nor do I need to post about what I'm doing every minute of my life.  Sorry, got a bit off topic.

IMO (and you're certainly allowed yours), most of the show seemed to be alot of Jasmeana.  I just don't care for her as she seems to be self absorbed.  I feel for Michael as I don't think she wants any part of him and is staying for the $.  He deserves better.

As much as people don't like Lindsey, there's a part of me that likes her.  She is feeling like she's not "heard" with regard to words such as "hyper, etc."  I'll tell you this:  for a long period of time in my life, I went through some of how she is feeling.  If it wouldn't have been for my dear father, I'd not gotten through life.  Many times, I was asked a question, but would get interrupted with other conversation and it makes one feel "mostly invisible".  I believe Lindsey might have gone through that earlier in her life and it really does s u c k.  She might also feel that she cannot say anything right or do anything right in his eyes.  I do; however, think if they can work on their ways of communicating, they could make the marriage work.

As for Steve/Noi - I don't see it working, though I was surprised at what Dr. Pepper said about her "now" marriage.  IMO, Noi wants kids so bad that she is in this marriage.  I wouldn't want to have kids and be living apart from my husband.  What does that teach the kids?  (rhetorical).

Ola/Katina - IMO, their relationship is a roller coaster ride; I have no idea what'll happen.

As for MAFS Aus, we recorded it and just began watching.  I'm just wondering how the Tamara/Brent relationship is going to go, along with the other girl (can't recall name) that was barely covered in the so-called gown who wanted to jump him at the altar.

Hope to read your thoughts as well.