Honored Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@chiclet 

I think Jasmina and Michael are like paint drying.  They just don't seem to know how to relate to each other, despite the fact that they keep saying they have so many things in common.  I think Michael when he is with her, is always acting like a downer, like he is afraid to speak or move for fear of upsetting her.  It's almost painful to watch them.  When he is speaking with his sister, he is like a whole different person --- smiling, laughing, animated.  But for some reason, he just can't seem to unwind or relax with Jasmina.  

Lindsey and Mark are just like a stick of dynamite!  Never know when it's going to ignite!  

I often wonder if the majority of these women --- are they in their real life wearing these long, fake nails and long, fake hair pieces and makeup, and skimpy, tight clothes - or are they just doing it for t.v.?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I dont see any of these couples making it.  

Steve...let Noi do her thing with cooking!  lol

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen Ms. @decaf  on the boards since February 11th.  I hope that's by choice and she's not ill or something.  Stuff does happen.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I am in a group of people (who are not my best friends), I would never criticize, insult, or make faces at whoever is speaking. I think most people know better.  There is never a reason to make everyone uncomfortable.

These group get togethers are so rude.

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, I'm glad you posted this as I, too, noticed her absence.

I hope she is doing ok and just got overly busy.

@decaf , please know you are missed. 

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls , 100% agreed.  I have to wonder if the producers, etc. are doing this for the drama.

Not everyone agrees or even gets along with all on the show.

Apparently, they all live in the same apartment building (changes from the earlier seasons) and if one of them is friends with another, I'm sure they can get together with that friend and talk, etc.

IMO, this is wrong; they should all be focusing on their marriage and not getting together for "group dates."

Super Contributor

@Wsmom @Mmsfoxxie  & whoever frequents that spinoff called ProBoards:

I WAS  just curious if the Mafs-Boston elsewhere (PB) was also pretty quiet this season as well? 

@Mmsfoxxie you mentioned the OP was missing here, so I'm assuming that's true over there as well? that's weird.\

Can you post spoilers?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner , on the Pro Boards, in order to make everybody happy, we have two MAFS threads going.  One is specifically for spoilers.  Yes, I'd say it's kind of quiet. I believe decaf is missing on all of her regular threads over there, too.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Agreed about @decaf .  Worrisome.

Overall I just find this season to be kind of blah.  Lindsey is barely watchable and to be honest, I might have trouble sitting and listening to her, too...she is just cringeworthy.  She is purposefully obnoxious just to cause a stir and make people uncomfortable IMO.  

As far as Steve and his work status I don't think that is unusual with his age group at this point.  At my work we all started there in our 20s and that was our career; we retired from there.  I just heard they are bringing back retired annuitants because nobody is staying. I told DD and she said yes, that is very common in her age group.  People are working on their own (I forget the term she used) and/or changing their line of work regularly.   Frankly I get the feeling he does just fine financially and he should probably take a walk.  She is too darn set in her ways of the "perfect family".  Just the fact that she is so insistent on three children, period, would be enough.  Does that mean that if he can't "deliver" she walks?  

The only hope for anything worth chatting about is O's antics.   lol

Respected Contributor

I was thinking about it and Mark does not have much going on.  Going on 40 with no home, wife, kids etc.  Does not sound like a great career either.  I think if he was smart he would grab on to Lindsey.  She seems smart and has a future and would be a good wife to him.  He may not like her brutal honesty but maybe he should have defended her when the girl did the eye roll.  He has admitted she has a good heart and his best interests at heart.  Maybe he is one of those people who does not want anyone who would want him.