Super Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@game-on 

@game-on wrote:

I think Olajawon (sp?) has a secret.  I am not sure what it is.  Anybody else sense this?

@game-on  I remember you mentioning this about pg 13 (well I had to look, so I cheated, but about 10 pages back anyway).

Just wondered...Did you ever figure this one out or did I miss it? Otherwise are you still saying the secret  is Olajuwon's? I'm sure not good at figuring it out that's for sure..Olajuwon actually has pleasantly surprised me, he's articulate , intuitive, and a good TV person to have in your camp..

Super Contributor

I hope I don't say anything that could be misconstrued to suggest a racial ,or ethnic undertone, as that is not my intent at all ,but here goes...and again this is just something that was said about mistakes made in matching couples up, and they say one was made this season 14, that is going to come back and bite them..

Never ever match up a person of Jamaican descent with someone of Haitian descent..Why? I have no clue and in this particular case, that being Jasmina and Michael. I have no idea which country each originated from. I'm going to guess Jasmina is from the country of Jamaica  and Michael from Haiti..got a 50/50 chance of getting that right or maybe that's even wrong..

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom That is so exciting. I love them as a couple and I bet  they will make great parents. 💕

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GypsyVanner, nothing racial about your statement, lol.

I knew that Jasmina was Jamaican but have no clue about Michael and hadn't  heard that Jamaican and Haitian matches were a concern.  If anybody would know, the two of them would.

Jasmina seems very rigid and not one to easily compromise. She was very jovial during the wedding ceremony.  Michael is a deeper person but might have more flexibility than her.  Due to Alyssa taking up all of the airtime, we've barely had scenes with with them or Noi and Steve.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Wsmom 

I love Amani and Woody!  That's great news!  I have to admit when I first set eyes on Woody I thought --- look out --- trouble -- this guy is a player and this will not work out.  However, he turned out to be the best one of the bunch!  So loving and caring and a fun-filled, committed guy!  I have to say that this couple is one of my very favorites if not my favorite! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie  thanks for having my back there..LOL Never can be too careful nowadays!

IN THE SM  NEWS: Just saw a pic of new BFF's namely Jasmina and Alyssa out on the nite, supposedly the PR pair for MAFS (huh] yuck..gave me Myrla and Rachel vibes!!

WHY is Alyssa allowed to be a spokesperson for MAFS? She's the last person that should be allowed to go anywhere near Kinetic Content..Are they desperate???must be.

Also I just realized (from the pic) that Alyssa looks like Tammy Faye Baker (a 60's icon that made pancake makeup famous..The pic of look-alike Naomi Campbell has boobs.

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner, oh, I remember Tammy Faye and Jim Baker very well, unfortunately, lol.  

I didn't know Jasmina and Alyssa were on a PR campaign.  I figured it was just a night out with one of her 'girls'.  (I didn't like it when she called them her 'girls' like she's in charge).  I'm hoping it was before Jasmina knew all that Alyssa took Chris through.  Me, personally, knowing what I know, I'd keep my distance.

I

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@GypsyVanner, oh, I remember Tammy Faye and Jim Baker very well, unfortunately, lol.  

I didn't know Jasmina and Alyssa were on a PR campaign.  I figured it was just a night out with one of her 'girls'.  (I didn't like it when she called them her 'girls' like she's in charge).  I'm hoping it was before Jasmina knew all that Alyssa took Chris through.  Me, personally, knowing what I know, I'd keep my distance.

@Mmsfoxxie  I'm not sure of the timing either...I do know that Alyssa is "Out there" supposedly in the LA scene, she's hardly a "shrinking violet" in the aftermath. If Jasmina is a teacher, especially of young children, she should know better..I'm not saying she should not be allowed to socialize and the partying that goes with it, but there are certain stigma attached to the proper conduct in the public, especially for teachers, and one has to be very mindful of that, unless things have changed for the worse in the last couple decades..who knows..

Trusted Contributor

I haven't had time to go back and read 24 pages but where is Jamie Otis?  I really like her.

Esteemed Contributor

@sabra , Jamie got the boot from Unfiltered.

@GypsyVanner , I had. a discussion with one of dd's high school teachers about teachers friending their students on FB and then having all these posts of everything they are doing, parties they are going to, etc., and said I thought it was inappropriate for them to do that when they are "friends" with their students and she told me they were entitled ot have a life and do whatever they want.

To add, this was just a discussion, really nice gal and she was not who I was referring to; mostly it was the young men teachers who had a fondness for friending the kids.