Super Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

[ Edited ]

@TurnerGal wrote:

I am late in finding MAFS and now that I can figure out how to watch on Dtv with no commericals I am ready to watch other seasons.  Are there any other seasons that were really good you would recommend I watch?

@TurnerGal  HI   & welcome TO our dysfunctional family :- ) I have heard lots of people liked the New Orleans season..That one had Woody and Amani among others..I'm sorry I should have looked up the number as I have no clue about that..

@TurnerGal  Edited to add:       Okay I found it ..it's season 11 (yes, eleven)

There were five couples : Woody & Amani (Woody might be compared to Olajuwon of this season) at first anyway

Miles and Karen ( Karen took a while to warm up might be compared to  a Jasmina type)

Olivia & Brett (Ug, they were just odd, and very stiff, and strange, sorry my opinion)

Bennett and Amelia) well she wore a bird's nest in her hair for their wedding, enough said.. they were a little "out there"

Finally:          Christina and Henry (uh this is weird but Christina was an Alyssa type from this season.

Henry was not a Chris, in the sense that he did not like Christina & saw thru her nonsense early on..Henry was bland but nice and he deserved much better..

Valued Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Alyssa needs to go !! When the producers met with her after the tennis match,  and tried to talk her into talking with Chris, she yelled "No ! I hate him ! " Psycho b ----  .

@pattypeep Yes! She hasn't even taken the time to get to know him at all.

But don't forget...she's a "good person". 

Trusted Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

I am late in finding MAFS and now that I can figure out how to watch on Dtv with no commericals I am ready to watch other seasons.  Are there any other seasons that were really good you would recommend I watch?

@TurnerGal  except for the last two or three seasons it's been a really good show. I think you'd enjoy any of those. In the last two or three seasons it's been heavily edited and it's really not about the couples anymore it's about drama, so I would just skip those if you can.

Trusted Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

@TurnerGal wrote:

@TurnerGal  HI   & welcome TO our dysfunctional family :- ) I have heard lots of people liked the New Orleans season..That one had Woody and Amani among others..I'm sorry I should have looked up the number as I have no clue about that..

@TurnerGal  Edited to add:       Okay I found it ..it's season 11 (yes, eleven)

There were five couples : Woody & Amani (Woody might be compared to Olajuwon of this season) at first anyway

Miles and Karen ( Karen took a while to warm up might be compared to  a Jasmina type)

Olivia & Brett (Ug, they were just odd, and very stiff, and strange, sorry my opinion)

Bennett and Amelia) well she wore a bird's nest in her hair for their wedding, enough said.. they were a little "out there"

Finally:          Christina and Henry (uh this is weird but Christina was an Alyssa type from this season.

Henry was not a Chris, in the sense that he did not like Christina & saw thru her nonsense early on..Henry was bland but nice and he deserved much better..

Great thank you,  I am not caught up on season 14 and I will check out season 11.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TurnerGal Great thank you,  I am not caught up on season 14 and I will check out season 11./quote

Hi @TurnerGal  Just curious as a "newbie to this MAFS stuff", IF you started with Season 14, you got thrown into the mix pretty quick , death by fire as they say, and  with that inititation...Just wondering what you think of Season 14? I know you don't have much to compare it to, but I'm wondering if someone started out with Season 14 if they had an appetite for any of the previous seasons?

I'm not so sure that I would, but I think I might be burned out having watched  the previous one's (seasons 12 &13 & maybe even starting -w- 11-the one's prior)  that gradually deteriorated over time..their track record sucks, and this seems to be the new norm..why?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The thing with Alyssa is --- she keeps saying over and over and over that she is a good person and nice and respectful and all of that.  Welll --- maybe she is with other people in her life --- I don't know.  But she certainly has not been with Chris --- or at least not with what we see or hear.  Every time he respectfully tried to speak to her about what she wants or what he can do to make things better, she is the one who responds in anger or tears or both and says she will not have a conversation about it on camera or she might say she will talk later off camera.  Then, Chris says when he tries to have the conversation with her off camera, it's the same thing ---- anger, tears --- and he gets no where!  She seems to feel that she is being robbed of the "experience", as she puts it!  If she is being robbed of the "experience", it's her own doing --- not his.  And she acts as if the honeymoon and subsequent moving to an apartment along with the other couples in the same complex, is like a day camp or extended vacation ---- not a marriage!  She can't seem to understand the purpose of Marriage at First Sight!!!!. She seems to feel that she should be allowed to forget about the marriage, forget about and ignore Chris and be allowed to live in the provided apartment and party with the other couples and especially the other girls!!!!  She will not be truthful and come out and say --- the whole problem here and from the very first sight is ---- she does not like his likes at all and is completely turned off by the way he looks and therefore, decided he is not worthy of her time!  She has commented a few times, that he is disrespectful to her and mean and that he is making her look bad, etc.  No, dear, you are making yourself look bad --- and silly, and mean, and childish.  Grow up!  Come clean -- be honest and give Chris the answers which he deserves to hear! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really get the feeling too that Alyssa has "lawyered up" as they say by some of the terminology she is starting to use, or has just in the last few programs..That word "respect" and "disrespect", "abusive" "threatening" , are being thrown out there to see what sticks..She's not that smart, someone is coaching her and I think the producers are quite aware..So is Chris or he better be for his own sake..

She's a "victim" and she is going to milk that term to death.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 ITA, if Alyssa wants the "experience" how about getting to know her husband? He might not be what she pictured as her Prince Charming, but he might be a great guy.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 ITA, if Alyssa wants the "experience" how about getting to know her husband? He might not be what she pictured as her Prince Charming, but he might be a great guy

@Eager2Learn 

@AngelPuppy1   I am probably being vindictive but I don't think I'd wish ole Alyssa on any guy right now. I really think her recent rebound from the "Atlas-guy" that dumped her, prompted this weird response. In her small mind I bet she thinks he's hanging back just waiting to welcome her home after her divorce is final from this guy/Chris that she thinks is a chump..I bet "atlas man has flown the country. Can't blame him :-)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”

Respected Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 ITA, if Alyssa wants the "experience" how about getting to know her husband? He might not be what she pictured as her Prince Charming, but he might be a great guy

@Eager2Learn 

@AngelPuppy1   I am probably being vindictive but I don't think I'd wish ole Alyssa on any guy right now. I really think her recent rebound from the "Atlas-guy" that dumped her, prompted this weird response. In her small mind I bet she thinks he's hanging back just waiting to welcome her home after her divorce is final from this guy/Chris that she thinks is a chump..I bet "atlas man has flown the country. Can't blame him :-)

@GypsyVanner , maybe you're rubbing off on me, but how about Chris from the season with Paige.  Now that would be entertainment LOL