Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

I am late in finding MAFS and now that I can figure out how to watch on Dtv with no commericals I am ready to watch other seasons.  Are there any other seasons that were really good you would recommend I watch?

Super Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I wish I had a dollar for every time Alyssa said I am a nice person last night.  She wants to live in the apartment so she can have fun with the girls.  Nooooo....she seems to have missed the point of the show.  You are supposed to find a husband not friends

@chiclet @Mmsfoxxie 

That line about "the girls" ...why doesn't someone ever say "You didn't come on here to marry the girls. Chris was diplomatic by saying "I like all you guys but I'm not on here for you,  my intent was to come here to get married or something along those lines.

Now that I've seen Chris and Lindsey on the AfterParty I have my own theory about the "round table get together that @Mmsfoxxie mentions in the next post". I think you could have cut the tension with a knife. I think that Chris had visited with Lindsey and Mark and there were some things he rehearsed prior to that sit down, as it needed to be said and he held her feet to the fire, in a nice way..She didn't escape this time, but she would not commit to anything..Katina and Jasmina almost threw a wrench in the whole thing by suggesting this should be private and maybe between just those two.

NO he had tried that ad nauseum and she was like a jellyfish slipping away without answering his question(s). I think Alyssa thought she could deflect by starting an inhouse fight and setting Lindsey up as the fall guy but it didn't work the way she wanted.

Not only is Alyssa a psycho , she's also a bully and she has bullied a few on this show, including both Chris and Lindsey..She's even nasty to her own Mom and Dad, from what we've gathered in her phone conversations. 

There's one part in the AfterParty which I didn't really understand about the signing of the marriage certificate, and what happened with her and Chris at the courthouse before they went to Puerto Rico..Keisha cut Lindsey off when she mentioned that Alyssa was in constant contact with her team of lawyers..what? I think now I know why it looks like Pastor Cal is looking straight at Chris and asking if he wants a divorce.

Honored Contributor

I'll have to watch Afterparty again on the repeat of it next Wednesday cause I don't  remember anything about Alyssa talking to her lawyers.. I tend to doze from time to time and missed that.  Is this lady rich or something??  Ten wedding dresses in addition to the one the show made for.  Now I'm hearing she has a team of lawyers.  Yet she is fighting to stay on this free vacation.   What I'm sure of is they either both stay or neither stays til Decision Day.  Heather and Derek, who separated within two weeks, although they filmed a couple of times, did not stay at a MAFS hotel.  They filmed separately from their homes until Decision Day.  What's different is seeing Pastor Cal asking the big question next week.  Might be a curve ball coming.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

The only two I see staying together, maybe, are Noi & Steve, maybe.

I find the rest of the brides to be obnoxious!

Esteemed Contributor

Alyssa needs to go !! When the producers met with her after the tennis match,  and tried to talk her into talking with Chris, she yelled "No ! I hate him ! " Psycho b ----  .

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Last night, I wanted to slap Alyssa across her face; she thinks she's "all that", but clearly she's not.

I'd love to hear what her ex boyfriend has to say about her; there's always 2 sides to a story.

As for Lindsey, at first I didn't care for her for various reasons; however, now it seems she's calming down a lot more.  I felt she did well when they were sitting around the table talking and Alyssa baited her; her response was great IMO.

He even said he was proud of her; you could see everyone else's look at what they felt about Alyssa's words.

She needs to go; it's not a time for an "experience" as she keeps calling it.  They need to send her packing and give Chris another chance if he is in agreement with it.

Esteemed Contributor

From watching her on the afterparty and more on the show, I am starting to like Lindsey. I think she has a good heart under all that crazy strong act.

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls , I like her alot more too.  She's now my favorite woman out of all of them.

Jazmina (sp?) seems to be okay as well and Noi seems ok too.

Katina is not one of my favorites with the way she was talking down and saying the things she said to Lindsey.  I felt it was uncalled for.  As for Ola, as they call him, I'm still undecided, but he did seem to support Chris which is good.  I don't know of any man that could have acted any better than Chris; he's put up with enough and words it well.

I could see Mark/Lindsey staying together as they do seem to be able to communicate and work things out after having a disagreement; that's what marriage takes.

Noi/Steve - I wish her luck as he seems to be very interested in doing a lot of traveling and not getting a job.  That would be a deal breaker for me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

The only two I see staying together, maybe, are Noi & Steve, maybe.

I find the rest of the brides to be obnoxious!

@CelticCrafter  I definitely agree with you and that's probably the main reason I'm having such a problem with this season.  First they were giving Lindsey a really bad edit, making her look absolutely nuts and now they're portraying her in a good light and making Alyssa the mean and crazy woman. 

It's just all too contrived and I wish they would stop with the erratic, heavy-handed editing.  Allysa and Chris should have been kicked off the show after the wedding. I don't care for Jasmine or Katina either.  None of the women are really likable except Noi and I can't root for her marriage with a husband who has no ambition.

Esteemed Contributor

Alyssa and her "look at his hands, they're so aggressive" type comments...lol.  They are really having a great time with her and her comments and zooming in on every body flaw and close-ups of her face, etc...she is gold for them.

I think we can look forward to more people with her type of personality.  I mean I admit she and Lindsay are the two bringing any kind of action at all to the show.  For me the others just kind of fall into background noise.