Super Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

[ Edited ]

@colliegirls wrote:

This group makes a big deal out of every little thing that is done or said.

@colliegirls  When I first read your comment here a few days back, I thought you meant us goofballs in here..UH I'm probably guilty as charged ..LOL.

Having read a few comments to follow,  I get you meant the goofballs on Mafs-Boston..Boy you can say that again..I so agree, seems especially this bunch.                Someone mentioned early on that the women don't seem to bond. The guys, pretty much act  like usual. My response is "Why should they bond?"  As it's suppose to be couples bonding, in an experimental "rushed reality marriage" with no real blueprint for an outcome..The stats for success sure aren't very promising so far. I don't understand trying to mold the couples to being all "lovey-dovey" as it's hard enough, making these couples tolerate their new mates, spouses, lifetime one and only, whatever.

Also I'm totally confused about the new format (if there even is one) for the AfterParty the former Unfiltered..

This last segment was weird, usually it's 3 on the couch, which it was, two that had already been on there, Lindsey and Katina, & the 3rd was Steve a new addition. The 4th was a call-in by Olajuwon, who has already been on there twice prior..why?

I think someone thought they used the format of that same day show, that we saw earlier on, to base which trio they used . well next week (already announced ahead, so not new) they only have two people on it (not 3) That being repeaters Chris and Lindsey. Maybe numbers aren't important but where's Michael in all this? I have not seen him once, have you?

Also if we're going to use the format of the same day show as a formula, this last week should have definately included Michael of the Michael and Jasmina duo.

The tiff between those 2 could have been addressed, as the social media is blowing up arguing who's at fault with those 2, and predicting their demise.                                               It was good to see Steve for the first time, but he certainly didn't carry the show, or for that matter get a lot of questions or air time. Instead we were back to the same old, same old back & forth, & the stupid phone in ******. My thought is "OLajuwon wears what he did as a badge of honor but yet he claims to want to reform. Katina has said she's not bothered by it.okay   let's move on it's their dysfuntional life to be.                        I'm also  not commenting on the moderator injecting herself into that, as it would bring on a firestorm, and it was all about that to begin with, making Kinetic Content  see green, and maybe us as viewers see red..

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I was talking about the couples, not us, we are all awesome!

Frequent Contributor

I don't understand the focus we are having on spoilers. If the show is over there should be no reason to worry about discussing it. I personally don't want to wait to talk or read about it for fear someone else hasn't watched it yet. Seriously?? Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone go to this forum if they haven't watched the show yet? If I'm behind in watching I make a point to avoid this until I've watched the show so it's not spoiled for me. Let's just post, discuss and enjoy without all the fuss. 

Respected Contributor

@Loves Purple wrote:

I don't understand the focus we are having on spoilers. If the show is over there should be no reason to worry about discussing it. I personally don't want to wait to talk or read about it for fear someone else hasn't watched it yet. Seriously?? Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone go to this forum if they haven't watched the show yet? If I'm behind in watching I make a point to avoid this until I've watched the show so it's not spoiled for me. Let's just post, discuss and enjoy without all the fuss. 

@Loves Purple, I agree.  If I haven't watched it yet on the DVR (we record), I won't read this thread until I do.  

I enjoy reading the discussion(s) of what all of us think about the couples on each week's episode.

I will say that I don't see many of them making it.  For once, I'd like to see the majority of them stay together and even after the 30 day "are they still together" show. 

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom 

O.k.  Thanks.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

@Loves Purple wrote:

@Loves Purple  - Just to clarify the spoilers indication in the title.  This has to do with spoilers of things that have not aired yet.  Discussion on the current episode or past episodes are not considered spoilers.  Just as you and others have stated, if the current episode has not been watched yet, most people don't go into the thread until they have viewed it.

This has to do with spoilers that may reveal the outcomes of decision day, or other major events early on in the season.  The request was made to clearly indicate the spoiler in a spoiler box so posters have the option to look or not.

At least this is how I interpreted the original discussion regarding the posting of spoilers in this thread.

Honored Contributor

Well, here goes.  I guess I am sort of focused more on Alyssa and Chris but they are the ones who are really doomed.  I think Chris gets his hopes up a bit and then she just dashes him to the ground.  They went paddle boarding and she seemed to have a good time, laughing, etc.  Then they were to go snorkeling or whatever that was and she says -- no, I don't do that.  Well, that's all well and good if she doesn't feel comfortable with that, but he is having fun at it.  Meanwhile she is zeroing in on his mid section and I think this set her off worse - or again!  So, while he his having a good time, she is sitting at the table, talking to her mother on the phone, cyring and throwing a tantrum!  Her mother is trying to tell her to just go along and try to have a good time and she is going to look bad, but she wants no part and even tells production crew to tell him to stay away from her!  I mean, how mean is that???  How would she feel if the tables were turned???  So sad....

As for Lindsey and Mark, I get that she is over the top --- totally.  And I understood what he was trying to say to her, but he didn't explain it well.  He was meaning that in light of her issues with how she went off on people, it was worrying him that this was going to be a constant thing and he wasn't sure if he could handle this or would be able to.  However, the way he was explaining it to her, it came across as him not wanting to be close to her physically and withdrawing from that, especially in light of the fact that they had been intimate several times.  She feels used.  No wonder she felt the way she did!

I am still uncomfortable with O and his over the top declarations of how he is going to treat his "queen" and all of that b.s.!  I'm not buying it.  I hope she does not let her guard down all the way with him for quite awhile.

As for Noi and her husband --- is it Steve?  They seem to get on well.  However, when the topic has come up about getting a job, he has not seemed very reassuring on this subject.  It's like he still seems to have the idea that he is just going to travel around and camp out like a nomad.  This could be a very serious issue and could sever this marriage.  

As for the other marriage, he is all gloom and doom.  He needs to lighten up.  It's like he's waiting for a mountain to drop on him at all times.  I get that he has suffered loss, most of us have, but if he can't come to grips with all of this, he should go to counseling and try to get a handle on this.  

I don't actually have a good feeling about any of these couples making it. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sortof past worrying about "spoilers" in here, yes I will still tread lightly but this season has some of the most blah personalities, and then nothing in between ..it goes to completely explosive personalities and I'm not naming names, you guys all know..

Okay maybe I should classify them. I would put both Olajuwon and Katina at the top as explosive.. LIndsey as well. Alyssa is explosive in her own right. Commands attention and so far the producers are obliging 24/7. UG!

Mark is basically blah..he's stomping out fires and trying to be the people pleaser moreso to the "group" and not as much to his "partner"..that's just him and it's on him as well.

Chris is a passive, go along to get along personality. He got blessed with a needy narcissistic basket case.. Now I'm just sure that statement is going to backfire and could probably be used to describe another relationship here this season.but oh well I said it.

Jasmina and Michael are so blah but they "fester and boil" over the most innate and trivial, self sabotaging convos and situations..They are exhausting..

Noi and Steve are so "cute" together it's a little nauseating, I should not be that way. I just want them to kick it up a little, but not to the level of what Olajuwon wants & Isn't getting and is expecting..

OMG Olajuwon is a story for another day..that guy...:-) sorry...Katina surprises me with her sense of humor..It's kindof dry but her timing is perfect..Her response in the AfterParty about the clips from next time and her riding that horse, she pretty much hated every minute of it..I will say and this is probably going to be removed as inappropriate ..but it's not and it's true.."You do not ride a horse braless, trotting and even loping , much less galloping will not be the most pleasant first time experience.

Super Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  quote/

As for Noi and her husband --- is it Steve? yes Steve..:-)  They seem to get on well.  However, when the topic has come up about getting a job, he has not seemed very reassuring on this subject.  It's like he still seems to have the idea that he is just going to travel around and camp out like a nomad.  This could be a very serious issue and could sever this marriage./unquote  

@AngelPuppy1  I like what you wrote about each of the couples but I wanted to say something about what you and I both noticed about Noi and Steve's conversations...that being his desire to camp like a nomad, & I picked up on her  resistance to anything to do with camping..It just hit me as to why she said this. I might be wrong..but she is from the country of Laos. 

She was forced to grow up in a Laotian refugee camp..Those memories are not the best part of her early life I am sure..

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bayflwc wrote:

@Loves Purple wrote:

@Loves Purple  - Just to clarify the spoilers indication in the title.  This has to do with spoilers of things that have not aired yet.  Discussion on the current episode or past episodes are not considered spoilers.  Just as you and others have stated, if the current episode has not been watched yet, most people don't go into the thread until they have viewed it.

This has to do with spoilers that may reveal the outcomes of decision day, or other major events early on in the season.  The request was made to clearly indicate the spoiler in a spoiler box so posters have the option to look or not.

At least this is how I interpreted the original discussion regarding the posting of spoilers in this thread.

@bayflwc  Your interpretation of how and why to post spoilers here is perfect.   All we're asking is  posters put any spoiler in a spoiler tag or at least post a verbal warning that a spoiler is ahead.  This way posters who like to discuss spoilers can easily do so  and the season isn't ruined for posters who want to watch the show unfold week by week only.