Honored Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom , I guess is going to take Olajuwon a while to notice that Katina doesn't like being controlled.  She gave hints of that during the exercise session but guess he needs a wall to fall on him to become aware.

(I don't know why this font is so small).

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

This group makes a big deal out of every little thing that is done or said.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@Wsmom @GypsyVanner @Mmsfoxxie  And other posters. If yo

u want to post spoilers here about things that haven't been shown on the show yet could you put them in a spoiler tag or give a warning in your post that a spoiler is ahead? That way everyone is happy.  Let me know what you think, will this work for you?

@decaf , I don't understand why I'm included in your post.  Did I accidentally post a spoiler?  I'm clueless since you've already told me and others this.  Give the number on the post.

@Mmsfoxxie  No, you didn't accidentally post a spoiler.  I didn't think I implied that.  I only mentioned your name because I know you enjoy spoilers and I specifically wanted you to feel free to post them here too (as we already decided on the PB MAFS thread).  I sincerely apologize if you took it any other way.  I hope that answers your concerns, and I hope you will let me if it doesn't. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@decaf wrote:

@Wsmom @GypsyVanner @Mmsfoxxie  And other posters. If you want to post spoilers here about things that haven't been shown on the show yet could you put them in a spoiler tag or give a warning in your post that a spoiler is ahead? That way everyone is happy.  Let me know what you think, will this work for you?

This was my original post that has caused so much confusion, I don't understand why.  I wanted all posters to feel comfortable posting spoilers in a spoiler tag or with a 'spoiler ahead' warning.  That is all I meant.  

@Wsmom  Thank you  for understanding and reiterating my message here. 

@GypsyVanner  I'm sorry your post was deleted, I don't recall reading any posts that were offensive so I don't know why it was deleted.  Just know you're absolutely welcome to post about MAFS here. 

Regular Contributor

I'm still SMH about this week's episode.  Where to begin...

Lindsey and Mark - He certainly has a lot of patience and is trying to help her to not be such an offensive jerk.  She is over the top on everything - blurts things out without thinking, drinks way too much (3 bottles of wine in one sitting?), and then gets PO'd when she is called on her behavior.  Hard for me to find any sympathy for her.  Katina was a bit blunt, but she needed to hear it.  Mark was trying his best to be tactful about his issues with the way she acts, but she reacted very badly.  Probably the booze.  I did, however, agree with what she said about Alyssa - that anyone who keeps telling you they are 'a good person' probably isn't.

Alyssa and Chris - She is something else.  I feel so bad for Chris, being matched with her.  She didn't like him from the moment she laid eyes on him at the wedding and never gave him a chance.  I get the impression that she thought she was ordering a husband off a menu, and Chris didn't meet any of the physical criteria, so she has no intention of going beneath the surface to see what kind of person he is.  Constantly saying she is not happy, she doesn't like him, and trying to convince the world (and herself) that "she's a good person".  She is so shallow.  Classic 'mean girl' IMO.

Katina and Olajuwon - He certainly is full of himself and more Isaac than 'O'.  The thing that got me was his comments post-gym that he was pushing Katina to get a reaction from her, and she 'passed the test'.  Obviously she is no stranger to a gym - and she is a smart, confident woman.  Going to have to have a lot of patience to deal with his antics.

Mike and Jasmina - He is another one that needs to stop, take a breath and think before he opens his mouth.  If he thinks her making a comment in a conversation was cutting him off and wants an apology - his way - is going to make the relationship work, he is mistaken.  She did not cut him off mid-sentence.  I agree with her being annoyed with him about this.  He also needs to get over his 'always expect the worst-case-scenario' mindset.  She is optimistic, but will be worn out mentally having to constantly deal with that.

Noi and Steve - This couple seems to have the most potential to succeed, IMO.  They have certainly 'clicked' pretty quickly and appear to be comfortable with each other already.  Noi probably should have kept her feelings to herself a bit longer - he only heard the "L-word" and overreactied, and started pushing back.  Hopefully they can continue to move forward and grow their relationship.

I agree with @colliegirls  that this group is making too much about everything.  I also think that the group activities just 'stir the pot' and doesn't help the individual couples with the task at hand - building a marriage.  Yes, I know, reality TV drama is the goal of the producers, but I liked it better years back when they all honeymooned in different places and spent the time alone.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Internet connection problems here trying again

I was linking to @Wsmom said about Olajuwon and Katina and the mad exercise routine..I would have hit  him with the the barbell or the nearest weapon of choice. He bragged to the guys that he was testing her endurance and was waiting for her to say enough is enough. jerk! Katina is street wise and tough and not sure how much of this she will put up with. He can be a little OCD (not a DX at all) and likes to push people's buttons but he doesn't care or even realize it.

Jasmina is a crab , sorry, she just is. Michael is like a fluffy, friendly, slobbering puppy trying to please her and can't seem to at all.  Maybe long distance relationships are all she will ever have, they're safer for her, no communicating in person, no nothing.

Noi was my biggest surprise..She definately is in it for the right reasons. but I was surprised at her reluctance to commit to any camping like activities..He mentioned it and she was deadset against it..I'm not saying that's a make or break activity but it's a big part of his past.. He was also a little weird when she said "she was getting more serious".

The scene with Lindsey and Mark was rehashed ad nauseum, that is prior to the show, and it was nothing new by the time the show aired. If any couple can pull this out after these polar differences it will probably be these two, who knows..time will tell.

Alyssa I don't even want to acknowledge but I will say that teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy thong bottom was little strange for such a little prude..The cameras caught it all too. Maybe that's why she's still there.. feel sorry for Chris, they did him wrong.

will wait for next week see what happens who gets culled out or in ~!

Super Contributor

Jasmina is a crab , sorry, she just is. Michael is like a fluffy, friendly, slobbering puppy trying to please her and can't seem to at all.  Maybe long distance relationships are all she will ever have, they're safer for her, no communicating in person, no nothing./my comment about [Jasmina & Michael ]

@bayflwc 

Mike and Jasmina - He is another one that needs to stop, take a breath and think before he opens his mouth.  If he thinks her making a comment in a conversation was cutting him off and wants an apology - his way - is going to make the relationship work, he is mistaken.  She did not cut him off mid-sentence.  I agree with her being annoyed with him about this.  He also needs to get over his 'always expect the worst-case-scenario' mindset.  She is optimistic, but will be worn out mentally having to constantly deal with that/your comment about [Jasmina & Michael]

@bayflwc   It's funny how we can both see the same couple so differently and to be honest these two are pretty blah so far, not much screen time that I've seen anyway,

I guess I don't see much difference between Jasmina's reaction to Michael's sisters comments about him looking at the "dark side of things and being sortof a negative Nancy/Ned , whatever, and the way Alyssa flew with those condescending comments by that best man of Chris's. Again, I wish the family and friends would butt out..

Jasmina might be the "optimist" in this relationship as opposed to Michael maybe being a "pessimist", but I think he's also a realist and faces things head on, where she might try and sugar  coat them, or just ignore them..When it comes to Michael,Jasmina is actually doing the exact same scenario that Michael's sisters predicted about him, and he in turn is trying to pull himself out of this cycle, now that he's been made aware of it, maybe not so well on the boat with "O's questions & who knows what happened there with the editing..I always look at their body language as well as the words on close captioning and sometimes I can see where they "clip"  or "edit" or something is off.

Super Contributor

@bayflwc RE: Your desciption of Lindsey /(3 bottles of wine in one sitting?/quote

Those are the small airplane bottles, so we're talking the equivalent of 

more like 3 small drinks.

Esteemed Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

@bayflwc RE: Your desciption of Lindsey /(3 bottles of wine in one sitting?/quote

lol @GypsyVanner ....I was thinking she had three full bottles of wine, too!  The small bottles never entered my mind. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@GypsyVanner wrote:

lol @GypsyVanner ....I was thinking she had three full bottles of wine, too!  The small bottles never entered my mind. 🤦🏻‍♀️

It won't let me edit...I wanted to add that if it was just those three small bottles from the airplane she can't use alcohol for her incredibly obnoxious behavior IMO.