Super Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

Does anyone remember Chris saying this when they were getting fitted for tuxes?

[(  at the tuxedo shop, he said something like *she is going to be who she is but if she doesn’t like things about me I can change & learn )]

That is kindof sad really..For someone that broke off an engagement in April 2021 and remarried by July 26th , 2021 (give or take a few days), why that comment? sortof reeks of being a patsy and desperate, for the "marital status" come hell or high water..Would he change his religious preference, or political stance, or hobbies, and "likes" just for her? I sure wouldn't, and I've been happily married, more years than I care to say..marriage might be about compromises, but it Isn't about morphing into what the other person wants, and thinks they need. that's just dumb..

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie @colliegirls @Wsmom 

@One of the guys called himself a "serial monogamist".  I'm pretty sure it was Chris.  If it was him, maybe he actually has a lot in common with Alyssa, neither one of them can find someone they think is worthy of them or a lifetime commitment.  It's the way they approach the situation that's differe

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was Chris that said that.

Super Contributor

I will let someone else that "knows the answer " to that question @decaf as I heard it too but can't remember. For some reason I'm watching these segments this season ,but I'm not really watching, and missing stuff.

One thing that makes me perplexed ,and more mad, than anything, is the crazy matchup, with Alyssa and Chris..To be honest, it borders on being CRUEL AND TWISTED.

Everyone has heard the statement that "you don't marry a guy or gal that's on the REBOUND". That's also usually in reference to a normal dating situation too.

Well how do they justify putting Alyssa and Chris out there, for a feeding frenzy, as they are both on the rebound from recent mishaps, real recent too.

So MAFS puts them together and expects "Happily Ever After?"not going to happen geniuses.. not in this life or any other..I think Kinetic Content owes them.

Esteemed Contributor

Alyssa is obviously basing her opinion on looks because she had a ticked off look on her face at the alter and she has hardly talked to him to get an idea of what he is like. He really hasn't had a chance.  There are a lot worse looking men than him.

His friends should have kept their mouths shut if they couldn't say anything positive to a stranger.

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner, Chris' friends looked liked middle aged, immature pranksters.  Any woman other than Allysa would not have taken them so seriously without asking Chris about the validity of it.  But she was grasping for any excuse to not get close to him.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

The latest show -- well, that was certainly interesting!  Not even really at the honeymoon and already discord among some of the couples.  I didn't follow exactly the issue with Lindsey and O, but I gather she was mouthing off something about speaking Spanish or something and O pretty much told her to mind her own business!  Also, it seems that Chris can't say a word without Alyssa taking the stance of being picked on and abused. It's clear that she won't come out and say the real reason for her issue --- at least on camera anyway -- that she feels this isn't working out --- namely --- his looks!  It was evident from the start --- at the altar really --- that she was not pleased with his appearance.  And that, as they say, was that!  I think if he were very handsome, chiseled face, white straight teeth, and a model physique, she would have been pleased as punch and it would not have mattered what dumb comments his friends made to her!

Did you all watch the After Show?  Keisha tried to dig into what had happened really between Chris Alyssa and she was not having it --- and walked off the set!  Sheesh.  I can't believe I am agreeing with him, but I did have to agree with what O said!  Right on point!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1, I agree with what Olajuwon said as well.  What's funny is that Olajuwon has said that looks are very important as well.  Makes me wonder how he would have reacted if Katina wasn't so hot.  I tend to think that he would have been nicer about it but distant in a nicer way.  He seems to be more upfront with people whereas Alyssa wants to put her own spin on this.  Sounds to me like she wants Chris to look bad.  She keeps saying he's not respecting her and not giving her space.  Girl, please!  If she just wanted a vacation, she shouldn't have gotten married under these conditions.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I think Olajawon (sp?) has a secret.  I am not sure what it is.  Anybody else sense this?

Super Contributor

@game-on wrote:

I think Olajawon (sp?) has a secret.  I am not sure what it is.  Anybody else sense this?

@game-on   Could it have something to do with him posing shirtless..on the hood of his 

car... and that hood ornament belongs to a Ford Focus ?

SO the new trophy wifey will be coming home to a puddle jumper, not a classic set of glorified wheels..?                      ?        ?            ?