Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

One of the comments that bugged Alyssa was when they were in the elevator, Chris said, I am Alyssa's arm candy.  For some reason it totally grossed her out. 

@tends2dogs 

Oh - I totally missed that.  My goodness -- if that is all it takes to set her off --- I think that is cute!  I see nothing wrong with that at all.  For heaven's sake --- lighten up!  

@AngelPuppy1 and @tends2dogs , if that is what is upsetting her she is just looking for justifications for not liking him nor wanting to stay married to him IMO.

@GypsyVanner , I initially missed your post and just went back and read and exactly!

Respected Contributor

Alyssa comes across to me as another Myrla.  I'm not sure if any man could please her or even make her content.

Maybe she did this for the TV exposure.  She's not even willing to talk to him about what she's upset about.  Not communicating at the beginning of the marriage is a sign (IMO) that Chris should run..... and fast.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't care for Chris in the beginning but he handled himself well in the hotel hallway with Alyssa after the reception.  Many men wouldn't have been that kind.  Heobviously was very attracted to her from the start but he likely didn't even notice how she distanced herself from him at the altar.

Valued Contributor

@decaf wrote:

I didn't care for Chris in the beginning but he handled himself well in the hotel hallway with Alyssa after the reception.  Many men wouldn't have been that kind.  Heobviously was very attracted to her from the start but he likely didn't even notice how she distanced herself from him at the altar.

Anyone remember the expression about the "10 foot pole"? I think she must've been using it then. 

Her friends said something to the effect that you can tell her emotions by her face. Well, her face said it all. It's like she didn't even want to look at him.

Respected Contributor

I feel sad for Chris.  IMO, when they showed him sitting by himself at the hotel, you could see the confusion on his face.

When she came down to talk to him, I felt he handled it way better than I could have.  So I give him alot of credit for the way he handled himself.

IMO, she's a snotty, spoiled brat that thinks she is "all that".

He deserves alot better treatment than that and this is right after the wedding.  

Again, run, Chris, run.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Eager2Learn @decaf @Wsmom @HisElk1 @tends2dogs @pdlinda  

@Free2be @Mmsfoxxie @riley1  @AngelPuppy1  (I'm practicing tagging & hope noone was left out.) I suck at this..so hang with me..

/quote/ Her friends said something to the effect that you can tell her emotions by her face. Well, her face said it all. It's like she didn't even want to look at him// 

Whenever I hear that statement, or read it, and I know it's legit, I start to laugh..I know it's being a little vindictive. Alyssa's face is expressionless for the most part, it's not symmetrical either. 

Valued Contributor

She was somewhat derisive about his frisbee golf hobby which he seemed rather proud of.  I felt sorry for him.

As to her, she wants a horse.  She wants a husband that will help her underwrite the expenses of caring for a horse which are quite considerable:  boarding, feed, vet care.  I doubt that Alyssa wants a husband.  She wants a meal ticket is my feeling.  

Esteemed Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

@Free2be @Mmsfoxxie @riley1  @AngelPuppy1  (I'm practicing tagging & hope noone was left out.) I suck at this..so hang with me..

/quote/ Her friends said something to the effect that you can tell her emotions by her face. Well, her face said it all. It's like she didn't even want to look at him// 

Whenever I hear that statement, or read it, and I know it's legit, I start to laugh..I know it's being a little vindictive. Alyssa's face is expressionless for the most part, it's not symmetrical either. 

@GypsyVanner , because it's so full of Botox it doesn't move! Maybe fillers, too.  Did anybody ever see the movie Just Go With It with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler?  He plays a plastic surgeon and he is at a party and one of his patients is there and he has had so much Botox and  work done his face doesn't move...that's who I think of when i see her.  

BTW, perfect job on the tagging!

Trusted Contributor

Alyssa's behavior reminds me so much of Jamie Otis, Season 1.  I never thought I'd see Jamie giving Doug a chance, both from her intial strong, negative reaction to Doug and also because Jamie had a high opinion of herself too. 

I wonder if Jamie would be trying to 'coach' Alyssa if she was still the Unfiltered host this season.  It seems ironic that Jamie was let go just when a very similar storyline to hers came up on the show.

Super Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@GypsyVanner wrote:

@GypsyVanner , because it's so full of Botox it doesn't move! Maybe fillers, too.  Did anybody ever see the movie Just Go With It with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler?  He plays a plastic surgeon and he is at a party and one of his patients is there and he has had so much Botox and  work done his face doesn't move...that's who I think of when i see her.  

BTW, perfect job on the tagging!

@Wsmom Yes that movie was hilarious..also Christmas with the Kranks with Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis. I think he not only has a horrible "orange spray tan" he's trying to drink & his coffee or something and his enhanced lips don't help the situation, his speech is off too..love it!\ I guess I should be talking about MAFS-Boston, well I sortof am. Isn't it something how the "train wrecks for couples" take over our conversations?& thanks for the tagging thumbs up:-)