Honored Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

Alyssa did as we expected, played the role of the queen.

Tuesday night, I barely slept three hours so not only did I watch the After Party through a fog, the show was kind of foggy, too at the point of the receptions.  I wasn't too sleepy to laugh out loud, literally when Olajuwon was talking to a relative of Katina and they showed him just talking away and the relative walked off.  I'm sure it was edited to look like she walked off.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Regular Contributor

I managed to stay awake through the whole, long, painful 2 hours last night.  Thought the previews of what's to come this season were the best part of the show.

I need to collect all my thoughts on all the couples, but for sure the Alyssa / Chris pairing is going to be this season's biggest fail.  Her family and friends weren't wrong that she wears her feelings on her face - she had a puss on her the entire time.  She reminds me of the one a couple of seasons ago - ChristinA- who was (miss) matched with Henry.  She has the same pain in the ****** attitude and look about her that Christina had.  I feel a bit sorry for Chris, but he was kind of a pain too - asking all of her family and friends he talked to if she said anything about him.  His friends sure sabotaged him with their comments about him too.  With friends like that......well, you know the rest.  The other thing I found very telling was the distance that she kept at the alter.  She was standing about as far away from him and the minister as she could and still be in the camera shot.

Funniest moment of the night for me was when Olajuan was talking (more like boring) his new MIL, answering her question on what his intentions for her daughter were and she told him to "look over there - a rabbit" and made her escape when he looked.  He had been going on and on about his ADD and how easily he was distracted.  LOL funny.  Mamma is not pleased.  The look on her face when he was doing his stripper-dance on her daughter (a' la' Shawnice) said it all.

From the season quick preview at the end it looks like we are in store for drama from all of the couples.  Hard to say this early what I think the outcomes will be on all of them, but out of the gate I don't see any good matches like Ashley and Anthony (my all time favorites) and some of the others from past seasons that we see on Couples Cam.

More later....

Esteemed Contributor

My DVR only recorded the first ten minutes or so.  I need to find it On Demand

Honored Contributor

Am I the only person here that has no idea what a "mafs" is?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   MAFS means Married At First Sight.  It's the name of a reality show.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 , it is a TV show called "Married at first Sight".  I believe it's on Lifetime network.

That's what the discussion is about.

HTH.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   MAFS means Married At First Sight.  It's the name of a reality show.

@Mmsfoxxie 

Thank you ... I would never have figured that out.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

AFTERPARTY on next Wednesday. January 26th, 2022:

Okay I've watched the afterparties, & the only trio that have not been on there are:

Alyssa, Steve & Michael. Why are we being told it's Olajuwon (again), Alyssa, and Mark (again) for next week? I can not understand that combo at all..I did think that Olajuwon makes for pretty good TV when Keisha was asking him questions..poor Chris that was rough..I can't read Noi at all to figure out if they are still together, as this is filmed after DD right?

Trusted Contributor

@GypsyVanner  I think they rotate the cast based on whose stories are featured in the show that week.

At least Noi didn't dress with everything she's got hanging out, like almost of them have done in the past.

I can't wait to hear Alyssa defend her mean actions on this show.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does anybody remember if they showed Alyssa stating how important looks and good teeth are to her?  If so, this is what I mean when I say they are intentionally cruel.  If she told them that and they purposely gave her someone whose looks they knew she would have a problem with.   Somebody with different interests, pets, whatever, for the lightening rod couples they want to see fight is one thing, but I just don't like it when they are insulting somebody's looks.

ETA:  I think Noi is absolutely adorable.  She has a great smile.  I have hopes for them.  🤞🏻